Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+17
crucifyd
Samson
kerrick
Hardkore
Jen5
Oldiesmann
MikeInFla
ishmael81
Fundy
Guilty/Forgiven
Xid
alldatndensum
rockerVu2
messiaen77
Driven
Through The Dark Radio
Staybrite
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Random Ramblings - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 2:18 pm

kerrick wrote:
I've seen all of Tarantino's films and The Hateful Eight was one of my least favorites of his.  Did you see Inglourious Basterds?  I thought that movie was pretty masterful.

I actually did enjoy Inglourious Basterds, Pulp Fiction, Natural Born Killers & From Dusk Til Dawn on some level, but not enough to watch them again.  The only film I can think of that I might be interested in rewatching would be Reservoir Dogs...and a lot of that is because of the performances from Tim Roth and Micheal Madsen.
It seems like most of his films use elements of gore/shock just for the sake of using them....regardless of if it will or won't make the story better, and I just don't dig that.  I prefer the way Robert Rodiguez handles the shocking/unconventional (Machete, Sin City, Desperado), he seems to not take himself as seriously as Tarantino tends comes across .

kerrick

Number of posts : 3493
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:16 pm

I didn't know Tarantino wrote Natural Born Killers!  I really dislike Oliver Stone as a director and that movie just seemed violent and gross so I never bothered.  I used to love From Dusk Til Dawn and most of Rodriguez's other movies though as time goes on, I find myself less and less drawn to any of that stuff.  The over-the-top violence (and especially sex/nudity) just doesn't sit well with me anymore.  But I agree: Rodriguez's stuff is much goofier/fun whereas Tarantino is quite a bit more twisted and warped oftentimes.

Have you seen Jackie Brown?  That one often gets overlooked but it's actually a pretty well done film as I recall.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:33 pm

kerrick wrote:
I didn't know Tarantino wrote Natural Born Killers!  I really dislike Oliver Stone as a director and that movie just seemed violent and gross so I never bothered.  I used to love From Dusk Til Dawn and most of Rodriguez's other movies though as time goes on, I find myself less and less drawn to any of that stuff.  The over-the-top violence (and especially sex/nudity) just doesn't sit well with me anymore.  But I agree: Rodriguez's stuff is much goofier/fun whereas Tarantino is quite a bit more twisted and warped oftentimes.

Have you seen Jackie Brown?  That one often gets overlooked but it's actually a pretty well done film as I recall.

I haven't, and I should probably give it a chance (despite the promise I made to myself not to watch anymore Tarantino stuff... Laughing)
I agree about Oliver Stone, I find very little to like in the stuff he has directed except for possibly "Born on the Fourth of July" and "World Trade Center".

ishmael81

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 7:01 pm

Jackie Brown may be my favorite Tarantino film. So well done.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 8:46 am

Winter has arrived here.
Yesterday it was snowing, today again.
Tomorrow the weather forcast tells us we're getting much more snow.

Time for a good snowball fight.
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 10:15 am

Speaking of snow, it actually snowed way out down here yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:25 pm

It's snowing down south but up here in Montana we're wondering if we're going to have a white Christmas this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 4:21 pm

Snow is coming and going in my area.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:38 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Speaking of snow, it actually snowed way out down here yesterday

Most of the southeast USA got snow yesterday excluding most of Tennessee.

I started losing my voice yesterday at school with some sinus drainage.  I woke up coughing really hard this morning and achy.  My wife convinced me to go to the clinic and they swabbed be for the flu.  Bingo.  I got it.  Fortunately, it is in that window where you can get the Tamaflu.  Hopefully, we will have this kicked in a couple of days.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 1:45 pm

Today we've gotten more snow.
It's a long time ago we've had so much snow.
Tomorrow there comes more.
The lits on my outside candles had a white head. They looked like a white muffin.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 11:04 am

We had about 3" of snow on Saturday.  But when the sun came out on Sunday, most of it melted away.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 12:45 pm

Snow is returning.

I have an exam in an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 4:00 pm

Clear and sunny here in the Pacific NW.  Very cold, but no snow.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 4:46 pm

We've gotten 5 inch snow since this morning.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 4:50 pm

We're cold here in Montana but no snow.  We've gotten a bit up in the mountains but nothing here in the valley.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 8:22 am

Xid wrote:
We're cold here in Montana but no snow.  We've gotten a bit up in the mountains but nothing here in the valley.

The Big Valley? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 8:41 am

We've gotten snow in the Smoky Mountains, but the rest of Tennessee is just cold.  We don't get a lot of snow here.  It seems to go both north and south of our state.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 11:52 am

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Xid wrote:

The Big Valley? Very Happy
Sorry, but no.  It's the Flathead Valley, which is rather large.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 3:28 pm

The thing about snow here on the gulf coast,it might snow one day, be gone the next and we won't have any more for another year or two...or three.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 6:42 pm

Hardkore wrote:
The thing about snow here on the gulf coast,it might snow one day, be gone the next and we won't have any more for another year or two...or three.

Oh, we will see snow here every year, but most of our snows are here today and mostly melted away today.  If not, the snow will lay but the roads will thaw later the same day.  Occasionally we will get a front that will dump enough snow on us to bring life to a halt for a few days.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 7:29 pm

We usually get snow.  And then we get more snow.  Then it snows some more.  After that it snows.  We may have snow on the ground for a few months.  In the 17 years I've been out here, I think we've had 3 snow days.  Right now we have no snow on the ground which is highly unusual for this time of year.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 7:28 am

After 4 days of having the flu and missing two days of work, I am going back this morning.  If my temperature spikes back up, though, I will come home.  My special needs kids are extremely medically fragile and just don't need to have to fight off such a virus if we can prevent it.  Sadly, they were exposed on Friday as I was first developing symptoms.

Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 10:50 am

Who else is going to see The Last Jedi on opening night (tomorrow night)? I'm way too excited!
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 11:08 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 5:36 pm

Driven wrote:
Who else is going to see The Last Jedi on opening night (tomorrow night)? I'm way too excited!

I am thinking more of seeing it sometime opening WEEK.  Unless I go right after school, I am not fighting opening day crowds for this one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next