Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Bride album coming!!!

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
alldatndensum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New Bride album coming!!! Empty
PostSubject: New Bride album coming!!!   New Bride album coming!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 10:28 am

Dale Thompson has announced that a new Bride album IS coming and has promised that it will be aggressive.  With the working title, they are going to have to live up to their glory days as it seemingly refers to a more famous record of theirs.  The new album will be called "Snake Eyes" which would appear to refer to their earlier "Snakes In The Playground".

Bride has been approached by a couple of labels and that is what got them back into wanting to record.  Personally, I can't wait!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Bride album coming!!!   New Bride album coming!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 12:45 pm

I loved the Snakes era of Bride (the only 3 albums I consistently listen to are Kinetic Faith, Snakes, and Scarecrow).  I have to admit to not being much of a fan of what they have put out in the last few decades, but this news has me intrigued.  I will certainly give it a listen.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Bride album coming!!!   New Bride album coming!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm up for it!  I love anything up to and including Scarecrow, after that it was a bit hit and miss.  But Dale still has great pipes and if they're aiming for Snakes 2 then even if it ain't as good, it's still going to be worth getting.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Bride album coming!!!   New Bride album coming!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 3:58 pm

I think that if Dale had used a different vocal style, Fist Full Of Bees would stand as Snakes 2.  The intensity was there and so was that polished sound due to having producer Plinky behind the board.  The rap vocals held this release back for a lot of fans.  I, however, loved it!

This Is It, in my opinion, was the direct follow up of Scarecrow Messiah.  Many of those songs were so similar in feel that they could have been cut from the Scarecrow sessions.  The first issue of this album was more raw and unfinished.  They fixed that with the remaster/reissue.  The only thing that hurt this album with fans was the beginnings of Dale's change to Christian universalism.  If not for that, I think this album ranks up there with that Snakes era.

Skin For Skin is an often overlooked gem.  The first edition of this was also roughly done.  The whole mastering job was way too loud.  They reissued this one with the mastering changed and the volume brought down a bit.  Pure magic!  The intensity of these songs is ever bit as good as strong as that Snakes era.  Again, the universalist beliefs do hold some people back.  I don't agree with him, but at least he is still preaching Jesus.  If he was singing from a Church of Christ possition of limited atonement, I wouldn't agree with him either.  LOL

Tsar Bomba and Incorruptible were not as strong but still good releases.  You can hear a tiredness in some of the music as we thought they were winding down for final retirement. However, there are some classic rock sounds intermixed that show that Bride were still able to rock but were now trying to bring in elements of music of days gone by that they were influenced by and still enjoy.  There are some skip tracks, but overall they are still strong.  I'd take these over Oddities any day as that album is just all over the place.  I just

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New Bride album coming!!!   New Bride album coming!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 3:42 am

After Scarecrow...

Drop just didn't do it for me.  I do like it but it's not Bride at all and just feels kind of wrong.  I virtually never listen to that album.

The Jesus Experience is my least favourite Bride album.  It was too 'modern rock' for me and I didn't find anything catchy at all... maybe The Worm was okay, but other than that I just couldn't connect with it at all.

Oddities.
  Man, I love this album.  Musically it's sort of similar to TJE but with a bit more punch to it.  But what I love about this one is the lyrical content.  I would have loved to have those lyrics on a Bride album from the 1980's!

Fist Full Of Bees
was good.  Again similar to the last few albums, better than TJE but not as good as Oddities.  I actually didn't mind the rap parts of it, as Dale was pretty cool with his vocals there.  What I found a bit of a let down was I asked him what the album was going to be like, and he said half was going to be rap styled and the other half pure screaming metal.  To me that sounded great as an idea, but I heard the metal just wasn't metal enough.  So oddly it wasn't the rap that I liked the least, but rather the rock side!

This Is It
is pretty close on a number of songs to be Snakes 2.  Head Lookin' For A Bullet could have been pulled off Snakes and no one would have been any the wiser.  I think with better artwork and a few more Snake sounding songs, folk would have said it was Snakes 2!!!  And yes Alldat is right, the Universalism stance didn't help that album at all...

Skin For Skin
is a wonderful album.  Underrated and chock full of superb stuff.  Not as good as their early albums, but still great in it's own right.

Tsar Bomba
and Incorrutible - I agree  with Alldat.  Good and bad songs all the way through, athough the good ones fortunately outweigh the bad ones!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: New Bride album coming!!!   New Bride album coming!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 7:35 am

Here are a few of my thoughts regarding the post "Snakes..." era of Bride:

"Drop" is actually one of my favorite Bride albums- I always have enjoyed how the group went outside the box with a bare bones acoustic rock sound.  Problem, however, is that it is not a Bride album.  Always felt it should have been released as a Dale Thompson solo album instead.

"Jesus Experience" I have always enjoyed for its musical consistency.  Yes, it is a modern rock album but it is every bit as much a Bride style hard rock album.  A joining of both worlds you could say.

"Oddities".  My least favorite Bride album.  Yes, it has its good moments but also too inconsistent with too many long songs.  I always end up hitting the skip button.

"Fistfull Of Bees" is a rap metal album, but is musically pretty good and also features excellent production.  Problem, is that I struggle to identify with the rap style vocal delivery.

"This Is It" was a bit raw and rough when initially released but the re-mastering from the re-issue several years later works wonders. All around, a very good return to form of the bluesy hard rocking early 90's period.

"Skin For Skin".  Brilliant metal album with a ton of energy and great song after great song.  Fantastic musicianship. 

"Tsar Bomba" is not my favorite release from Bride but solid all the same.

"Incorruptible".  Underrated release.  A joining of straight on hard rockers and lengthier progressive based piece.  A solid thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New Bride album coming!!!   New Bride album coming!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Let's listen first how a new Bride album sounds.
It's cool the brothers Thompson are working on new songs.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New Bride album coming!!!   New Bride album coming!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 11:00 am

I'll add my 2 cents in saying that Skin For Skin and Tsar Bomba are solid albums but they're definitely nowhere near Snakes.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New Bride album coming!!!   New Bride album coming!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04, 2017 4:04 pm

My favorite Bride albums are:
Snakes
Scarcrow Messiah
Oddities
Fist Full Of Bees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Bride album coming!!!   New Bride album coming!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Bride album coming!!!
Page 1 of 1