Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy New Year!

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Xid
Jen5
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 3:03 pm

Happy New Year y'all. It's officially 2018 here (9am in the morning of January 1st). Hope you all have a safe and happy celebration with family and friends. Waffle breakfast here I come...
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5505
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 3:45 pm

Happy New Year!  What's life like in the future?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 4:13 pm

Happy New Year Everybody.  I will be one of the last to usher in the New Year as I live on the West Coast of the U.S.  At least I'm not the only one.  Smile

Jen5

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 5:03 pm

Xid wrote:
Happy New Year!  What's life like in the future?

lol
The sky is still up and still blue. The sun rose in the east and seems to be heading west though I won't know for certain until later today. Xid is still whacky and God is still great. All up, the future is bright.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 5:59 pm

Happy new year to you as well, Miss Jen!

So what I want to know is how is it to have a WARM New Year's celebration.  With you being below the equator, you just started summer.  I would love to have it be warm enough that I actually wanted to be outside watching fireworks or something to ring in the new year.  We are plunging to single digits tonight as winter strikes us with a frigid fury.  BTW, Frigid Fury sounds like a new Scandinavian extreme metal band.  LOL

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Jen5

Jen5

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 6:30 pm

Frigid Fury. I'd buy it. Great name.

I love a snowy Christmas, but a warm new years is pretty neat. I used to go spend it at the beach with friends. We'd all bring tents and have a fire under the stars. The morning wake up call came from the braying donkeys who lived in a paddock nearby (loved banana skins those donkeys). Unfortunately, as soon as folks started having families, that tradition died out. Last night I went to a neighbour's house for a new years party. We hung out on the deck for most of the evening and watched other people's fireworks from there. Pretty neat way to bring in 2018.

That said, the lights of a North American New Year are pretty amazing. I've never had Christmas lights on my house cause it doesn't get dark until after 9pm so there's kinda no point really. We have humidity and you guys have crisp cool air with twinkly lights and S-N-O-W (love me some snow)   Smile
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 7:51 pm

Jen5 wrote:
All up, the future is bright.
I gotta wear shades.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 8:20 pm

D-U-D-E!
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 5:14 am

For all of you I wish you a happy New Year.
Wish you the best for this new year.
Know that God goes with you in this New Year.
He's there when you feel sick, or having health issues, you struggle, you feel gloomy, your are dissapointed.
When have to deal with other problems.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 6:04 am

Amen. God is good.
Happy New Year sister. Wishing you peace and wellness for 2018.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 9:03 am

Happy new year from Tennessee!  I am a bit sleep deprived as we didn't get in bed until after 2 AM due to going to the home of some old friends to eat pizza and play board games until it was time for the musical note to drop in Nashville.  Then we talked for a while and then we had to drive home which took 30 minutes.  Then, I woke up around 7:30 because I had to pee SO bad.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 11:08 am

We just watched some TV toasted in the New Year with some sparkling cider and a smooch.  Got to bed around 2am.  Since we're sharing our morning:  Had to pee at 7am and went back to bed until 9am.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 12:08 pm

I haven't been back to bed.  My wife has some sort of stomach virus and is staying in the bed when she isn't in the bathroom throwing up.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 12:16 pm

Bummer!  Sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Ghastly way to start the new year. Hope she feels better soon
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Quote :
some sort of stomach virus
That's what we had too. Thijs, my son and daugther-in-law an me.
It's not fun to have that.
I hope your wife will be soon better.
Back to top Go down
Driven

Driven

Number of posts : 6210
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 9:50 pm

Happy rolling over of the Gregorian odometer. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 11:20 pm

Driven wrote:
Happy rolling over of the Gregorian odometer. Wink

Next up...Chinese New Year...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 9:13 am

rockerVu2 wrote:
Quote :
some sort of stomach virus
That's what we had too. Thijs, my son and daugther-in-law an me.
It's not fun to have that.
I hope your wife will be soon better.

Although she did go to work, she is still feeling pretty rough.  She is achy all over, so I am betting she has the flu.

Unfortunate for me, now I have it, too.  affraid

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 2:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Happy new year to you as well, Miss Jen!

So what I want to know is how is it to have a WARM New Year's celebration.  With you being below the equator, you just started summer.  I would love to have it be warm enough that I actually wanted to be outside watching fireworks or something to ring in the new year.  We are plunging to single digits tonight as winter strikes us with a frigid fury.  BTW, Frigid Fury sounds like a new Scandinavian extreme metal band.  LOL
My wife had a student a few years ago who was from Australia but had grandparents that lived here in Indiana.  For four years she would leave Australia in late August to come to Indiana.  She would spend Christmas break with her grandparents and not return home until the year was over in early May.  So essentially she would leave during the winter, have a few weeks of summer, then go through fall and winter here, and just as the weather was starting to be dependably warm...head back to Australia as it was getting colder there.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 2:37 pm

Eternal winter. Ugh. Talk about torture. All those seasonal fruits you'd miss out on.
Although in some places of Australia, winter is balmy. Maybe she came from an region where summer is the season to avoid. I had a summer conference there years ago in Adelaide (southern coast) and the temperature peaked at 42 degrees Celcius while I was there (that's about 108F). And that was considered bless'edly moderate! Me? I melted.

Hope you're feeling better, Chris. Happy new year Mr messiaen.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 3:09 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

It's contagious.
Your wife feeling sick and she has to go to work?
That's not good.

Hope you feel soon better.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 3:10 pm

Winter, here we're having gray, gloomy days for weeks now.
It makes me sad and gloomy.
When we have a days with sunshine I feel much better.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 3:43 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Winter, here we're having gray, gloomy days for weeks now.
It makes me sad and gloomy.
When we have a days with sunshine I feel much better.

That's not good. The weather has such an effect on how we feel. When I'm glum from gloomy winter days I surround myself with light. I dress in bright colours (most of my wardrobe is black but I do have some bright yellow and orange and blue just for that reason) and I listen to music that makes me happy.

Sometimes just meeting a friend for tea will be enough to lift me up. Or, if the weather clears, a short walk outside in the fresh air. Once, I bought myself a rose. It was an orange rose. What a difference that made to my day. At the same time, I bought a special chocolate (just one). I took them both home and sat down to enjoy my rare treats. It was surprising how good I felt afterwards by simply taking time to treat myself to something special.

Anyone else have other winter-gloom-fighting ideas?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 4:20 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

It's contagious.
Your wife feeling sick and she has to go to work?
That's not good.

Hope you feel soon better.
Very Happy

My son and I, along with both of my grandsons have it too.  It's nasty.

Happy New Year! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year!   Happy New Year! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next