Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This one's worth a giggle

Go down 
+4
Staybrite
Xid
messiaen77
Jen5
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

This one's worth a giggle Empty
PostSubject: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 8:26 pm

This new video from Andrew W.K. is new out today. It's so corny that I find myself smiling. Bring on the fireballs, goofy faces, and other weirdness. I've never really understood Andrew W.K., but this is cute in all its corny glory...

Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 9:52 am

"We're metal!  We're intense!  We're super serious!  Why is my logo a guy with a massive nosebleed??"
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 12:57 pm

I know right?! I don't get it either...though I've certainly tried. Maybe that's what he's trying to do. Maybe his m.o. is "I am an enigma." His stage persona is certainly a quirky one.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5512
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 4:30 pm

Never says what the answer is let alone the question.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 4:58 pm

lol. It's certainly cryptic. I think the question is "Why am I here? What is my poipose?" and the answer is either "to glow" or "throw fireballs" or "point to the sky" or, because it's Andrew WK "to party." I'd like to think he's talking about finding the light of God's grace, but he doesn't say it outright so who's to know for sure. The big question I have is, what's with the bubblegum at 2:59???
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 5:04 pm

I don't get him either.  I have never heard one of his songs that really made me want to hear it again....so I just move on.

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 7:10 pm

OK So I made it half way through the video, and that was a struggle. I never really understood this guy either. I think he had one popular song a while back called Party Hard, or something along those lines. But it never interested me.

This to me seems like he is trying to have this song be some sort of huge anthem, but I don't get it.

Sorry Andrew W K fans...he's not for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3496
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 7:17 pm

Never heard of the guy...
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 7:31 pm

...but, but.........but I WAnt to get it! What sort of audience is he pitching to?

I'm not a fan. I'm just interested in why he's branded himself this (rather amusing) way. You remember, John, how I found it hard to keep a straight face in front of the green screen. I'm in search of a workable face that's not an "I hate the world" face. I need to figure out a "look" that doesn't make me feel like a fraud....cause I find it very hard NOT to smile at the camera...yet even family friendly Skillet has a dude face for photos!!!

I'm not saying his solution works for me...not in the slightest does it work for me.
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Christian

Hardcore Christian

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2018-01-16

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 8:19 pm

He's something that is for sure

I knew him because he used to host like a kids game show on Cartoon Network, called Destroy Build Destroy, doubt anyone here knows it lol

But I remember him because he always wears the all white, and he would do 80s metal screams, and make a ton of references to stuff
Then I discovered he actually had a music career Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 8:34 pm

Thanks Hardcore. That answers the question for me. He must be pitching to a youth audience which would be why he is so far from the stereotypical rocker. That makes a lot of sense to me.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 9:13 pm

The video was weird, but I actually liked the song.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 10:34 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:

I knew him because he used to host like a kids game show on Cartoon Network, called Destroy Build Destroy, doubt anyone here knows it lol
Are you saying we're all old?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 5:21 pm

But I remember him because he always wears the all white....

But nothing that looks new and pristine, it always seems to be an old washed t-shirt and jeans that look like they have been washed with dark colored clothes so they aren't as white as they used to be.  It's certainly a recognizable look, but a little odd.

Hardcore Christian

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 1:41 am

Jen5 wrote:
Thanks Hardcore. That answers the question for me. He must be pitching to a youth audience which would be why he is so far from the stereotypical rocker. That makes a lot of sense to me.
Yea probably, but if I remember his previous albums had more adult themed lyrics

So all I can say is I don't get him
alldatndensum wrote:
The video was weird, but I actually liked the song.
Actually forcing myself to just listen and not watch the video, it is a decent rock song
messiaen77 wrote:

Are you saying we're all old?
Yes

lol!
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Christian

Hardcore Christian

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 1:41 am

Here is a quick sum up of what Destroy Build Destroy was:

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 2:05 am

Here is a quick sum up of what Destroy Build Destroy was...

Well that was manic. Reminds me a little of these guys...   Bouncing smiley bounce bounce Bouncing smiley

If you take that "Destroy Build Destroy" video and add this weather one to it, you get a pretty good understanding of the man. lol

Back to top Go down
Hardcore Christian

Hardcore Christian

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2018 3:12 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Here is a quick sum up of what Destroy Build Destroy was...

Well that was manic. Reminds me a little of these guys...   Bouncing smiley bounce bounce Bouncing smiley

If you take that "Destroy Build Destroy" video and add this weather one to it, you get a pretty good understanding of the man. lol

Yep, that's definitely him Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This one's worth a giggle   This one's worth a giggle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This one's worth a giggle
Page 1 of 1