Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS!

Go down 
+11
messiaen77
ishmael81
MikeInFla
Fundy
Hardkore
Dynamis
Xid
alldatndensum
Samson
rockerVu2
Staybrite
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS!   Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Jen5 wrote:
I stopped coaching when I was 21. It's too hard on the body. A couple years ago I volunteered a few hours a week for two years to help out for the district schools competition, but it was really basic stuff. The cool thing about that was that a lot of the kids would never have had an opportunity to do gymnastics outside of school because they were from poorer families who couldn't afford such a frivolous thing. At the start of the year some of them had never even seen a beam. Pretty neat that they had that opportunity. So cool to see kids' confidence grow.

That's pretty darned cool.  Thumbs Up

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS!   Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 4:21 pm

I work for Terminix, the largest termite and pest control company in the world. Spent 10 years out running a service route, been a service manager for the last 5 years.
Before that I was a warehouse manager for a furniture store, keeping inventory and scheduling deliveries.
Before that was kind of a mix up of teaching guitar, bass, trumpet, and vocal lessons, working construction jobs, and stocking shelves at a grocery store.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS!   Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 2:25 pm

bassdude wrote:
I work for Terminix, the largest termite and pest control company in the world. Spent 10 years out running a service route, been a service manager for the last 5 years.
Before that I was a warehouse manager for a furniture store, keeping inventory and scheduling deliveries.
Before that was kind of a mix up of teaching guitar, bass, trumpet, and vocal lessons, working construction jobs, and stocking shelves at a grocery store.

So which do/did you like better, running the service route or being a manager?

bassdude

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS!   Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 7:50 pm

Staybrite wrote:
bassdude wrote:

So which do/did you like better, running the service route or being a manager?
As a service manager, I kind of get to do both. I spend the majority of my time in my office, but I do field ride alongs with my service techs once a week and I do some services myself if I can't fit someone's requested time into my service guys day. I liked the routine of running a service route, it definitely satisfied my "creature of habit" tendencies....but I like the flexibility of being in management as well. I'm on salary, so I don't need to clock in and out, and as long as I have my phone and laptop I can do my job from home or wherever if I leave the office early.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS!   Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 7:48 pm

That's cool.  The more management I do, the less I seem to like it.  Have a better time actually creating plans for clients instead of making sure that others can/will (or have what they need to) do their job.  It's good that you can enjoy both.

bassdude

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS!   Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 8:17 pm

My techs are pretty experienced and independent...they don't require a lot of management on my part. As long as their schedules are organized properly I just stay out of their way and let them do their jobs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS!   Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb Kwestion #38.....JOBS!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3