Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Down's Syndrome Day 2018

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23458
Registration date : 2007-01-30

World Down's Syndrome Day 2018 Empty
PostSubject: World Down's Syndrome Day 2018   World Down's Syndrome Day 2018 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 6:26 am

Today is World Down's Syndrome Day--a day set aside by the UN to recognize this disability, to spread awareness that many, many people with Down's are highly intelligent and are able to achieve many things that we do (marriages, jobs, college, business owners, etc.), and to help highlight the negative treatment that many with Down's suffer through being made fun of.  OK, the World Down's Syndrome Day website explains that better than me, but that's the gist of it.

To support and raise awareness, you can of course make donations to various organizations that have been set up for Down's Syndrome awareness.  The easiest way, though, is to wear crazy socks.  If you don't have anything really wild, then just mismatch them.  Or wear three socks since Down's is caused by a triplication of the 21st chromosome (thus the 3/21 date).

I am going for the latter, but I love school dress up days!  I have on one Capt. America and one Mr. Spock sock.  I will try to get a picture and show it later.  Have fun with your crazy socks, and show your support of folks with Down's Syndrome!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23399
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: World Down's Syndrome Day 2018   World Down's Syndrome Day 2018 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 2:30 pm

I have only met a few people with Down's (3 or 4).  They were all some of the nicest people I have had the pleasure to deal with.

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16562
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: World Down's Syndrome Day 2018   World Down's Syndrome Day 2018 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 4:06 pm

This people are very nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Down's Syndrome Day 2018   World Down's Syndrome Day 2018 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Down's Syndrome Day 2018
Page 1 of 1