Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band! Empty
PostSubject: Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band!   Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 7:52 am

I was always a fan of Deliverance's middle years.  I didn't care for the speedy thrashier stuff and preferred the albums Stay Of Execution, Learn, River Disturbance, Camelot In Smithereens, and even Assimilation.  Well, Jimmy has always wrestled with which version of Deliverance to give us.  So, he has taken both sounds and given fans what they wanted.

First, you got the new Deliverance album with the return to the full on speed metal days.  Knowing this, I didn't buy it and probably won't.  It just isn't my thing.

However, Jimmy has reunited the players from those middle years and has another band called Erasurehead.  It has the sound and feel of Stay Of Execution and Learn.  To be honest, I am absolutely STOKED! I can't wait for this to drop!!!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Last edited by alldatndensum on Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band!   Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 5:30 pm

I'm listening to this right now, and I have to say I like this better than pretty much any of the Deliverance stuff I have heard (but I'm not at all a fan of Thrash). It has a little more of a Savior Machine vibe, without being overly progressive (like much of SM's material).  I would like to hear more before I buy it, but it sounds pretty darned cool.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band!   Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 7:56 am

If you like this, then you need to check out the albums I mentioned in the first post.  Stay is the heaviest.  The rest have the signature Deliverance guitar tones and crunch like this video does.  Jimmy sings like this on all those albums.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band!   Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 10:09 am

I used to have Camelot... on cassette many years ago.  I remember liking it well enough but it seemed to be missing something.  I don't think I even have it anymore.  Will have to check out some of that older stuff.

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1439
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band!   Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 11:16 am

Camelot and RD are my favorite offerings from D.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band!   Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 12:09 pm

Medieval Torture Device wrote:
Camelot and RD are my favorite offerings from D.

Hey METD, I think I missed welcoming you to the board when you joined a few weeks ago...so Welcome!
I got a serious kick out of your name, nice play on words there. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band!   Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eraserhead - Jimmy P. Brown's OTHER band!
Page 1 of 1