Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Missing the melodic heavy metal

Go down 
+5
Dynamis
Jen5
Staybrite
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

Missing the melodic heavy metal Empty
PostSubject: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 6:57 am

There’s so much great secular melodic heavy-metal out there. We’ve had a few Christian bands that were good in the style. Blessed by a Broken Heart comes to mind, but they are now defunct. I just discovered a secular band called Confess, and I absolutely love the sound. Several of the songs, though, have bad lyrics. Same with bands like Crashdiet, Pink Cream 69, etc. Where are the Christian bands doing this style?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 7:57 am

I don't think that there are any.  If there are, they are very underground.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2018 10:29 am

One of the few I have seen in the last couple of years is Apocalyptic Lovers  they released an album back in 2016 "Redemption Volume 1"  That is mostly rerecordings of songs from their early period (early 90's).  It's not too bad.
Also on the secular front Deen Castronovo claims to be a born again Christian.  He has two albums out in the last few years under a project called "Revolution Saints" with Doug Aldrich and Jack Blades.  I'm certain it isn't expected to be a "Christian" project, but from what I remember the lyrics seemed pretty clean.

But I'm with you, other than reissues there certainly doesn't seem to be a whole lot to pick from.

Oh yeah, not sure if you saw it or not, but back in 2014 a band named "Irish" released a "Greatest Hit's Package" and the music is steeped in 80's AOR/Melodic rock (very likely when it was recorded).  I think it was only released digitally (swear I got mine from Amazon, but can't seem to find it there now).

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Hey Follower. Check out Angelic Warlord's reviews. In the table that lists all the bands Andy has reviewed, he includes the genre. If you skim down the table, you'll find a bunch of current melodic releases. It's an awesome resource.
Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

Number of posts : 1646
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 8:43 pm

Quote :
Also on the secular front Deen Castronovo claims to be a born again Christian.  He has two albums out in the last few years under a project called "Revolution Saints" with Doug Aldrich and Jack Blades.  I'm certain it isn't expected to be a "Christian" project, but from what I remember the lyrics seemed pretty clean.

There are quite a few other mainstream melodic hard rock/AOR projects to feature believing members (most of them vocalists).  Most I am sure are already aware of AdrianGale to feature Jamie Rowe of Guardian, and Gary just mentioned Revolution Saints.  A few others include Romeo Riot and its release "Sing It Out" (with Mark Giovi on lead vocals) in addition to Steel City and its aptly entitled album "Fortress" (with vocalist Bryan Cole).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelicwarlord.com/
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 8:52 pm

In terms of a heavier direction, Chaotic Resemblance is an obvious choice as is Letter 7 and Desyre.  One of my favorites, however, is Deth Enemy from Australia, which I HIGHLY recommend.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 9:58 pm

Is Letter 7 still active?  It has been a few years now since they graced us with a new album.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Dynamis

Dynamis

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 10:10 pm

Good question- last time we heard from Letter 7 was 2014 and its third album "Trust".  Prior to that they released "Follow The Light" in 2008.  If we follow a similar time line, then a fourth Letter 7 album would not be released until 2020!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3121
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 5:55 am

Yeah there are a ton of new bands with that old sound that I like a lot. Most of them are Finnish bands (I think). Wish we'd have some more Christian bands like this but I guess the demand isn't there.

Some of them have lyrics that aren't great but here are a couple of bands I like (no offensive lyrics or anything here that I saw).

All of the bands like this have the style and look down to a "T".
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 5:57 am

Oh and then there's Lipstick. I THINK they are Christians and they are OK but need a little work. Not quite as professional sounding as the bands above and the look isn't quite there.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 6:26 am

Just saw this:

Faithsedge have began recording for their new album slated for an early 2019 release 

Included is a photo of drummer Matt Starr (Mr.Big/Ace Frehley) , singer /songwriter Giancarlo Floridia and bassist Tim Gaines (x-Stryper) a few months ago at Namm 2018 

The album marks the return of X Stryper bassist Tim Gaines which he announced in an interview at KNAC.com last August he was no longer a member of Stryper. Also producing is former Dokken lead guitarist Alex De Rosso which will be mixed and mastered the new cube studio in Padova Italy . 

The band will be announcing their new guest keyboard player by the end of the year which will add to the melodic approach and direction of the songs . As confirmed by singer songwriter Giancarlo Floridia  is from a multi platinum selling band from the late 80's early 90's. 

The album is promised to be a return of melodic rock/metal with hooks and melody with elements of progressive . 

The bands previous album Restoration was released on Scarlet Records (e0ne distribution) for US and Europe and Spiritual Beast Japan (Universal music Japan distribution) 

Please check the bands website for further updates and info:

www.faithsedgemusic.com
www.facebook.com/faithsedge

Missing the melodic heavy metal FaithsEdge-MattGiancarloTim
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 9:36 am

Faithsedge actually has three albums out already.  I might have to check those out!

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:08 pm

I have downloaded several songs from Shiraz Lane, NiteRain and Santa Cruz. All good stuff but Santa Cruz can get a little sleezy (which is why I didn't post any of their stuff here).
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 9:00 am

Apparently, Lance King is coming out with some new music.  But he's a bit more power/progressive metal at times.
Back to top Go down
Jaybird78

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 11:42 am

Station - 2015 - ST

Not Christian but nothing offensive.  It's my favorite melodic rock album of the 2000's.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23449
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Jaybird78 wrote:

Station - 2015 - ST

Not Christian but nothing offensive.  It's my favorite melodic rock album of the 2000's.

Dang with a song title like "True Believer" they should have been a Christian band.  Laughing
Listening to the song now and I gotta say it's pretty good, gonna have to check them out.

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 3:55 am

Staybrite wrote:
Jaybird78 wrote:

Station - 2015 - ST

Dang with a song title like "True Believer" they should have been a Christian band.  Laughing
Listening to the song now and I gotta say it's pretty good, gonna have to check them out.

I agree. I like that song!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 11:49 am

Empire 21 ...  most of the other tracks were a bit heavier

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing the melodic heavy metal   Missing the melodic heavy metal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missing the melodic heavy metal
Page 1 of 1