Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Fallen State

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 4:07 pm

Never heard this song or watched this video before, but they pull on the heart. Check it out.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 4:33 pm

Not bad for a modern rock/pop band (oh wait, maybe they are a modern country band...I just can't tell).  geek

All kidding aside, good song.  Well produced video/story (it does tug at the heart-strings). For some reason it looks like European actors and locations for the non-band footage (almost UK).

Jen5

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 6:41 pm

Yes. They're a UK-based band. I don't know a lot about them. Just taking a nosey.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 11:19 am

Jen5 wrote:
Yes. They're a UK-based band. I don't know a lot about them. Just taking a nosey.

Ok, that has to be a phrase that means something specific in your part of the world.
I don't know what, but I bet it's interesting.  I don't think anyone in the U.S. uses that phrase (at least not in my region).

Jen5

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 2:24 pm

lol
It means taking a peek. You know, like a small animal snuffles around in the leaf litter for yummy little treats. It's based on the idea of "sticking your nose into someone else's business" or "nosing around." I just meant I was having an explore of their stuff because they were new to me.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 2:48 pm

Got it!  I love hearing regional colloquialisms from fellow English speaking friends around the world.  Fundy has some hilarious sounding British ones that tickle my fancy to no end.  Very Happy

Jen5

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 4:13 pm

Oh boy. That's opening up a box of delights...

See if you can figure out what I'm saying here...
I was up at sparrow fart this morning recording a new song. The mic stand was munted (it just wouldn't stay upright), so after spitting the dummy with it, I called a mate and he said he'd take a squizz, but even he couldn't suss it. So I drove in from the wop wops and bought a replacement. With that behind me, I've had a mean day, laying tracks for three songs, but I'm knackered from all that hard yakka. Time for some snags off the barbie and a stubbie or two.

PS. none of that story is true
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 5:15 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Oh boy. That's opening up a box of delights...

See if you can figure out what I'm saying here...
I was up at sparrow fart this morning recording a new song. The mic stand was munted (it just wouldn't stay upright), so after spitting the dummy with it, I called a mate and he said he'd take a squizz, but even he couldn't suss it. So I drove in from the wop wops and bought a replacement. With that behind me, I've had a mean day, laying tracks for three songs, but I'm knackered from all that hard yakka. Time for some snags off the barbie and a stubbie or two.

PS. none of that story is true

Was any of that actually English?   lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Jen5

Jen5

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 5:25 pm

lol It's the local slang man.
I don't actually know anyone who would stack a story that heavily with slang, but on their own, each of those words is in common usage. Whose going to take a stab at deciphering it guys? No Dr Google allowed!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 6:46 pm

Wow  Shocked

"suss it" (figure it out) was the only thing that seemed familiar in all of that.

Jen5

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 8:04 pm

Yup. You got it. Here's the translation...

I was up at sparrow fart this morning recording a new song = I was up really early.

The mic stand was munted... = The mic stand was broken...

so after spitting the dummy with it = so after losing all patience with it and having a temper tantrum

I called a mate and he said he'd take a squizz, but even he couldn't suss it. = I called a friend and he said he'd take a look at it, but even he couldn't figure it out.

So I drove in from the wop wops and bought a replacement. = So I drove in from the sticks (the country/middle of nowhere) and bought a replacement.

With that behind me, I've had a mean day = With that behind me, I've had an awesome day

... but I'm knackered from all that hard yakka. = but I'm exhausted from all that hard work

Time for some snags off the barbie and a stubbie or two. = Time for some sausages off the barbecue and a beer or two.

lol
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 6:18 am

Quote :
With that behind me, I've had a mean day = With that behind me, I've had an awesome day

... but I'm knackered from all that hard yakka. = but I'm exhausted from all that hard work

Time for some snags off the barbie

All jokes aside, I knew what "knackered" meant. I also knew about a barbie.

Here, if someone says they've had a "mean day", it was a rough, horrible day.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 7:27 am

Then yesterday I've had a "knackered day".
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 12:20 pm

Jen5 wrote:

so after spitting the dummy with it = so after losing all patience with it and having a temper tantrum

I really like this one, sounds like me on a daily basis I'll be "spitting the dummy" later today no doubt. lol!

Jen5

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 2:16 pm

Have a nice cup of tea RockerVu2. Always good when one is knackered.

Somehow, I can't image you having a temper tantrum, Staybrite. Breathe....and join RV in a nice cuppa.

I'd love to read one from you guys. There are always words you guys use that I have to look up. Show us your best slang.
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 2:29 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Here, if someone says they've had a "mean day", it was a rough, horrible day.

That reminds me of a time I had a confused conversation with a hotelier in Canada as I tried booking a holiday for my family (we're spread across the globe so we try to meet in one central place). My sister's daughter was one years old so we needed a crib for her in the room. Down here, a crib is a cot so when I asked if they could put a cot in one of the rooms for her daughter, the guy said, "No problem. Every room has a cot." I thought, "Wow, these guys really cater for children." When he found out her daughter was only a baby, he said, "I'm not sure how safe a cot will be for a baby." I was so puzzled by this. I, of course, said "How high are the bars? Surely, she won't be able to climb out." Back and forth we went. It took several days (because of the time difference) to book just four rooms. lol

I laughed so hard when I finally figured out that he was talking about a fold-away bed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Fallen State Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fallen State   The Fallen State I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fallen State
Page 1 of 1