Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Virgin Black Are Alive!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Virgin Black Are Alive! Empty
PostSubject: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2018 2:09 pm

For the past few weeks, Virgin Black's facebook page has been posting images of milestones throughout their career, working up from their beginnings to the present.  Today a new picture and "2018" was posted.  Oh man I am stoked.  I'm really hoping we'll finally get to hear Pianissimo!

Virgin Black wrote:

Virgin Black Are Alive! 40379696_10155956166473512_8121516890238484480_n
[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 8:29 am

Walk through my SOOOOOOOUUUUULLLLL!!!!!!  Headbang
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:22 am

I love that everyone on their page is going nuts over this, but they have no idea what it means.  I too hope it means Pianissimo is soon forthcoming.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 12:10 pm

With the time lapsed between their last album, you'd think they were a DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM band  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 1:42 pm

Ok, so now with the release of the opening tracks of Pianissimo, I'm so stoked!!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 11:41 am

PREORDERS ARE UP!!!

Requiem - Pianissimo PRE-ORDER (includes bandcamp download code)
Quote :
LIMITED ONE TIME PRESSING. NO RE-PRESS.
(all prices in AUS dollars)
AVAILABLE ONLY AT:
https://virginblack.store/
https://virginblack.bandcamp.com/album/requiem-pianissimo
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 12:55 pm

kerrick wrote:
PREORDERS ARE UP!!!

Requiem - Pianissimo PRE-ORDER (includes bandcamp download code)
Quote :
LIMITED ONE TIME PRESSING. NO RE-PRESS.
(all prices in AUS dollars)
AVAILABLE ONLY AT:
https://virginblack.store/
https://virginblack.bandcamp.com/album/requiem-pianissimo
$12.99+shipping.  Under $20 total.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Sweet  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 5:34 pm

Did you guys catch the fine print?  Where they said the new album will go in more J-Pop direction?

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 10:59 am

Har harrrrrrrrrrrr.....................  Razz Fight

I am curious whether they'll be making new music too and if so, what direction they'll go.  No VB album is like another, though they do all have a distinct sound unique to VB.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 10:10 am

Finally ordered my copy . . . and a shirt as well  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 10:27 am

Slacker!  Razz   Mine shipped almost two weeks ago so I'm eagerly expecting it any day now...

I was torn on the shirts and ended up not ordering one.  Even though I'd love to rep one of my absolute favorite bands, I don't really love either of the designs.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 3:01 pm

kerrick wrote:
Slacker!  Razz   Mine shipped almost two weeks ago so I'm eagerly expecting it any day now...

I was torn on the shirts and ended up not ordering one.  Even though I'd love to rep one of my absolute favorite bands, I don't really love either of the designs.

Now who's the slacker.  I bet you probably didn't even see them when they were stateside a few years back  Wink
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 3:23 pm

Ha, yeah I am a bit of a slacker I suppose...  I do own two or three of their other shirts but they're all very old and worn out now...  Eh if they come out with some new designs I would love to pick one up.  But I DID see them back in 2008 or so when they toured with Amorphis and Samael!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 4:55 pm

I have to admit I've heard the name...

But alas I have never heard their music...  listening to something on YouTube... intriguing...

Sombre Romantic...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 7:04 pm

Oh dude you have been missing out!  They're one of my absolute favorite bands.  If you're just exploring their stuff... know that each album is quite different from the last.  Definitely try a sampling from all of their albums.  In brief, I'd describe them as:

Sombre Romantic - gothic metal with a lot of industrial and black metal influences

Elegant... And Dying - the most "pure" gothic metal of their albums

Requiem Mezzo Forte - a masterpiece of gothic metal and classical music combined

Requiem Fortissimo - doom/death metal and classical music combined

Requiem Pianissimo - no metal, all classical instrumentation
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 9:11 am

Staybrite wrote:
Did you guys catch the fine print?  Where they said the new album will go in more J-Pop direction?
Hmm, so a goth/symphonic Babymetal.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 11:06 am

LOL.  Virgin Black is one of those bands that even if they DID (heaven forbid...) release a J-Pop/Babymetal/whatever album... I'd probably still buy it.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 11:31 am

What I like is when My Dying Bride said that Virgin Black out-My-Dying-Bride My Dying Bride.  That's saying something.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2018 3:26 pm

Ok... well I will have to add to my wish list...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2018 5:55 pm

kerrick wrote:
Mine shipped almost two weeks ago so I'm eagerly expecting it any day now...

I just got an email explaining that the "order completed" (which I read as "shipped") really just meant that the payment has been processed.  I apologize for any confusion...

Virgin Black wrote:
Dear Kerrick,

A friend of the band has alerted me to some confusion expressed on forums regarding availability of pre-ordered Requiem - Pianissimo CDs, and your forum name appears to be aligned with an order (I apologise if this is incorrect). As stated on the webstore the expected shipping date is November 30. I believe the confusion may have arisen due to the auto-generated wording of the transaction software. "Order completed" in this situation means simply that payment has been processed.

My apologies on behalf of the band, and all involved. It would be much appreciated if you were able to share the clarification with any others that hold concerns.

Thank you for your support of Virgin Black.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2018 9:15 am

I thought I remember it saying that you'd get an email when it had been shipped.  So if I haven't received the email, I shouldn't be expecting it.  But that's just me  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 11:25 am

Just downloaded the rest of the album...Christmas music is gonna have to wait a bit.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 1:20 pm

I have to admit, it's some great stuff.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 1:41 pm

Yes indeed.  I've listened to it a few times but unfortunately more as background music since I'm quite busy with work.  I greatly look forward to cranking it loudly and really listening to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virgin Black Are Alive!   Virgin Black Are Alive! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virgin Black Are Alive!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next