Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reunion Album!

Go down 
+7
Samson
MikeInFla
Fundy
rockerVu2
Through The Dark Radio
kerrick
Staybrite
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 12:26 pm

Ok, who from the Christian rock/metal community would you most like to see make another album?  A band who hasn't put out a new album in at least a decade (ten years).  Pick two or three of you want.  Here are a few that I would really like to see.

Red Sea - It would be absolutely fantastic if this band would put out at least one more album in the vein of their classic "Blood" album.
Neon Cross - these guys hinted at new music (and even released a song or two to select people) back in the early to mid 2000's but they have been completely silent in the last decade.  they haven't released an album since 1995's "Torn".
Legend Seven - A great band with a fantastic AOR sound that really knew how to write a hook, but nothing from them since their second album "Blind Faith" way back in 1993

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Most of these will be extreme metal bands so I doubt many here will agree... but I'd love to hear more from:

Aletheian
Evroklidon
Ekklesiast
Frosthardr
Lengsel
Morphia
Paramaecium
Sacracy
Sanctifica
Schaliach
Stronghold
Vaakevandring
Vociferor

...and of course, Virgin Black - which it looks like might just actually happen!!!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 1:24 pm

Morphia would be a good one to have release another album along with Kohllapse.  I'd also add Atomic Opera, Faith Factor, Focused, Frost Like Ashes, Jesus Joshua 24:15, Last Chapter, Messiah Prophet, Sacrament, Sympathy, Troglodyte Dawn and Zion.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 1:35 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Morphia would be a good one to have release another album along with Kohllapse.  I'd also add Atomic Opera, Faith Factor, Focused, Frost Like Ashes, Jesus Joshua 24:15, Last Chapter, Messiah Prophet, Sacrament, Sympathy, Troglodyte Dawn and Zion.

Ooh yeah, some other good'uns.

As for Morphia, did you see my thread on CMR about their singer's new project?
http://thecmr.forumotion.com/t11005-grave-decay-symphonic-death-metal
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 2:50 pm

It would be great to see a new album from Mastedon and Siloam.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Siloam would be great, but only if they sounded like their first two albums.  The last two were much to pop (non-rock) for my liking!

I'd love Judea to reform.  Okay, so I only know of two songs by them, but they were both great!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 3:11 pm

kerrick wrote:
Most of these will be extreme metal bands so I doubt many here will agree... but I'd love to hear more from:

Aletheian
Evroklidon
Ekklesiast
Frosthardr
Lengsel
Morphia
Paramaecium
Sacracy
Sanctifica
Schaliach
Stronghold
Vaakevandring
Vociferor

...and of course, Virgin Black - which it looks like might just actually happen!!!

Wow none of those bands has put out an album in a decade?  Is Black Metal a dead genre?  Dang

Staybrite

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Totally agree regarding Trog and Zion.  I'm wondering what new Messiah Prophet would sound like, seems like "Colors" was a bit of a departure from "Mater of the Metal".  Would a new one be something completely different (with all new musicians)?

Staybrite

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 3:17 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
It would be great to see a new album from Mastedon and Siloam.

Fundy wrote:
Siloam would be great, but only if they sounded like their first two albums.  The last two were much to pop (non-rock) for my liking!

I'd love Judea to reform.  Okay, so I only know of two songs by them, but they were both great!

Mastedon would be cool, and totally doable since the only two consistent musicians where the Elefante brothers.  I think the same as Fundy regarding Siloam, it would be cool...but only if they sounded similar to the first two albums.  Judea would be killer, along with Lazarus and Maverick from the White Metal Warriors comp.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 3:20 pm

Talking of Siloam...

Here's Brian Lutes (the guy behind Siloam) and what he's doing right now...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5472571/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Fundy wrote:
Talking of Siloam...

Here's Brian Lutes (the guy behind Siloam) and what he's doing right now...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5472571/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

Interesting.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 5:21 am

Rage Of Angels (didn't they make an announcement a few years ago that they were working on new material?).

Shout
Trytan (hope this one happens!)
Barren Cross (who have also promised new music)
Whitecross (Nineteen Eight Seven doesn't count)
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 8:58 am

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

Aletheian
Evroklidon
Ekklesiast
Frosthardr
Lengsel
Morphia
Paramaecium
Sacracy
Sanctifica
Schaliach
Stronghold
Vaakevandring
Vociferor

Wow none of those bands has put out an album in a decade?  Is Black Metal a dead genre?  Dang

No, black metal is still alive and kicking.  Most of it comes from South America with a handful of US bands.  It's gotten a lot more fractured now.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 12:06 pm

MikeInFla wrote:

While it was nice to have the album I have to say I agree.

Samson

Number of posts : 734
Registration date : 2012-06-08

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 4:26 pm

Holy Soldier
Crimson Thorn
Final Axe
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 4:47 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Rage Of Angels (didn't they make an announcement a few years ago that they were working on new material?).

Shout
Trytan (hope this one happens!)
Barren Cross (who have also promised new music)

Trytan IS happening.

Rage Of Angels did announce a return, but it never got off the ground.  I don't think that the current musicians were any of original guys involved  Thus, no one really cared.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 5:05 pm

If I remember correctly it was the vocalist of RoA that was wanting to put out another RoA album.  He'd the be the only original member.  Probably would have been like GnR - Chinese Democracy:  Guns 'n Roses in name only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 10:44 am

You know, I honestly can't really think of any.  After a certain time with no new music, I kinda lose interest.  I mean, I will still listen to the old stuff, but I just don't get really excited about the idea of them making new music.  If they put something out then I'll give it a listen and buy it if it's good, but I can't really think of any groups I'd love to hear something new from after 10 years of silence.  If they are going to record though, I would want them to do more a Stryper thing where they went back to being an active band than just a one-off reunion album.

The big exception to that is when groups leave a series incomplete (I'm talkin' to you Virgin Black and Saviour Machine), but then it is just my low-level OCD that needs that feeling of completeness.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

[big list of bands..]

No, black metal is still alive and kicking.  Most of it comes from South America with a handful of US bands.  It's gotten a lot more fractured now.

Fractured?  Does that mean there are several different shades between White and Black metal now? scratch

Staybrite

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 2:53 pm

messiaen77 wrote:

The big exception to that is when groups leave a series incomplete (I'm talkin' to you Virgin Black and Saviour Machine), but then it is just my low-level OCD that needs that feeling of completeness.

That kind of stuff drives me nuts too.

Through The Dark Radio

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:

[big list of bands..]

Fractured?  Does that mean there are several different shades between White and Black metal now? scratch

Yes, you have black and then blacker black.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 3:09 pm

So far it goes:

Black
Blacker
Blackest
Blacker than Blackest
Even Blacker Than That
Black Black
Blackest Black
Deep Black
Deeper Black
Deepest Black Black Blacker Black
So Black It Hurts
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 3:27 pm

The rumor is that Fear Not is reassembling to do a follow up record.  Now THAT gets me excited.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 3:39 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
The rumor is that Fear Not is reassembling to do a follow up record.  Now THAT gets me excited.

I saw a video on facebook (I think Roxx Records shared it), that played a short musical snippet of a ballad they were working on.  They can just take my money now!

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 3:47 pm

Quote :
but only if they sounded like their first two albums.
I agree with you Fundy.

I see all great bands, I almost wish it was true, that they release a new album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reunion Album! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reunion Album!   Reunion Album! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reunion Album!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: