Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues

Go down 
+2
Through The Dark Radio
MikeInFla
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues  Empty
PostSubject: Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues    Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 5:43 am

Roxx Records is very excited to announce our next and very special Limited Edition pressings this time coming from classic Christian rockers Philadelphia.

Philadelphia were one of the premiere Christian rock bands in the 80’s releasing 2 classic and long out of print albums (Tell The Truth and Search & Destroy) before calling it a day. Then once again reappearing in 2016 to release a rerecorded version of their never released third album (Warlord)

We are very excited to be releasing a limited edition vinyl pressing of Search & Destroy as well as a limited edition CD version of Search & Destroy with a brand new never released bonus track exclusively for this CD pressing entitled Losin’ Out. The vinyl and CD editions have been fully remastered and have never sounded better courtesy of Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound. As well as a classic new design and package by Scott Waters of No Life Til Metal Graphics. The beautiful vinyl package is being pressed in a quantity of 500 pieces with 150 on a very limited Gold vinyl and 350 on classic black vinyl. The CD version comes housed in a jewel case with 8 panel insert limited to 500 pieces only.

In addition we are pleased to announce the next release in our very special hand numbered series called the Roxx Underground Series will be none other than the most recent Philadelphia album ‘Warlord’. This release is number 11 in the series and is being pressed in a one-time pressing of only 150 hand numbered pieces. In case you missed out the first time with the limited edition CD pressing of Warlord we held back the very last 100 copies of that 500 piece pressing in anticipation of this limited vinyl release.

There you go Philadelphia fans we are very proud to be presenting these new limited edition vinyl and cd pressings with you. Head over to www.roxxproductions.com to pre order and check out the various packages which will include a very special limited edition sticker for pre order only.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues    Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 5:53 am

new artwork. Looks spooky!

Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues  File_60653a184c_400w

I am not to familiar with them. Didn't they release an album that sounded kind of like Zeppelin or am I thinking of someone else?
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues    Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 11:12 am

RobC does a great job with re-mastering other classic so I bet this one will sound as great.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues    Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 5:33 pm

I have to say I think the artwork looks kind of comical, but in a retro, hand-painted, 80's kind of way.... maybe that's what they were going for.  I have their new album "Warlord" and like it alright, but I remember having one of the reissues of their first album several years back and not being a fan (I ended up trading it off).  I don't think I have heard anything from the Search & Destroy album.

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues    Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 8:32 am

Search & Destroy was a mid-80's release which has a pretty typical sound for that time.  It's similar in style to early Saint.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues    Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 5:35 pm

I have both of the previous reissues of the early Philadelphia records.  I will probably do a quick remaster of that to boost volume.  I might use the Roxx artwork for my MP3 player, but I don't really see a need to rebuy this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues    Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 5:49 pm

I listened to Philadelphia when they came out and really didn't like them as much.  They had some decent songs but they just weren't on par with the other bands of the time.  I picked up their reissues for nostalgia's sake but still don't really get into them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues    Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues  I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 10:20 pm

I just preordered the reissued Search and Destroy CD. I love that album and it gets somewhat regular airplay. I’m anxious to hear the songs remastered and the new song.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues    Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 8:39 am

Philadelphia is a band that a different singer and the addition of great hooks would have helped.  They had the chops and can craft a good lyric.  The vocalist just didn't seem to fit the sound overall, and their songs didn't have the big hooky chorus to grab you.  Those are typically drawbacks for most of us.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues    Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 8:03 am

I'll probably see about getting both the CD and vinyl of Search and the vinyl of their last release Warlord.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues    Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Rockers Philadelphia Limited Edition reissues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: