Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Filler

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Filler Empty
PostSubject: Filler   Filler I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2008 - 5:30

Do lots of albums with many songs have filler in them?

I've been listening to Disciples BY GOD album today (which has 19 tracks) and I was trying to work out if it had any filler songs in it. I think it may have a couple, but it could just be a taste thing, and that I don't like the sound of some of their songs so much.

I quite often think of instrumentals as fillers, not because they are, but because I'm not an instrumental fan. Give me lyrics!!!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23473
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Filler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filler   Filler I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2008 - 8:31

One song on that Disciple disc I could have lived without was the one (the name escapes me right now) where they name off all of their friends in the music scene. That was a total waste to me.

A lot of bands cannot write decent slow songs/ballads. I think a lot of those are filler.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Filler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filler   Filler I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2008 - 14:52

Fundy wrote:

I quite often think of instrumentals as fillers, not because they are, but because I'm not an instrumental fan. Give me lyrics!!!

Me too, not a fan of instrumentals. Sometimes those songs are only instrumental because the band didn't have enough time to write lyrics for them.

To me almost every album has filler, because any track I don't really like seems like filler (whether it really is filler or not).

To me there seems to be more filler in recent music. I think the cd format is somewhat to blame. Just because you can fit 80 minutes with of music on a disc doesn't mean you should. Back in the days before cds they could only fit about 50-60 minutes worth of music on an LP/cassette. Most albums were around 39-50 minutes long. Since there is more space on a cd I think people felt the need to fill it up with songs just because they could. Bands also used to go in the studio and record 12-15 songs. Only 10 songs would be put on the album, and 2 or 3 might get used for B-sides on the singles. Now a band goes into the studio and records 15-17 songs, and put all of them on the album.

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Filler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filler   Filler I_icon_minitimeFri 25 Jan 2008 - 21:10

Quote :
To me almost every album has filler, because any track I don't really like seems like filler (whether it really is filler or not).

cheers

With digitally downloading individual songs now, I feel spoiled, cause' I don't have to purchase what I deem as "filler" Very Happy .

I LOVE some of my cds that are just 35-38 minutes long. I appreciate when artists put out something great and leave out the "less-than-great". I would much prefer a short cd (see DOF thread, lol) packed-full of great music, as compared to an hour long cd with tracks that I skip everytime I get to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Filler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filler   Filler I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Filler
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: