Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?

Go down 
+3
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
topshot rhit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? Empty
PostSubject: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 11:31 am

It looks like 2018 wasn't a very good year (to me). I just went through the "New Albums for 2018" thread and didn't find much I'd buy (i.e., I would listen to over and over). In fact I had already planned to buy 3 that didn't even appear.  scratch

Ashes Remain
Relentless Flood
Set for the Fall

I plan to give these better listens. What else should I include? (Most of you know I'm picky about lyrics and vocalists.)

All for the King
Deth Enemy
Fight the Fury
Ledger
Limberlost
Lordchain
Sardonyx
Stryper
Wytch Hazel

Last edited by topshot rhit on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed title & updated albums)
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 12:00 pm

Virgin Black - Requiem: Pianissimo is a top choice for me this year.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 12:20 pm

^If Pianissimo isn't EVERYONE'S #1 choice... well, they're wrong.   Razz  My favorite Christian releases are...

Full Lengths:
Virgin Black - Requiem - Pianissimo
Wytch Hazel - II: Sojourn
Leonov - Wake
Sardonyx - Sons Of The Kingdom
Children Of Wrath - Supernatural Dimensions

EPs:
The Slave Eye - Unto Hades
Vials Of Wrath - Ataraxia
Parakletos - Se Guds Lamm
Throne Of Awful Splendor - All Lights Relinquished

I think Death Therapy is still planning on releasing their new one this year which will most certainly be on this list.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Perhaps I should have chosen a different topic title as neither reply so far seems appropriate for what I'm after.  geek

(Though kerrick also likes Wytch Hazel and his mention of Death Therapy made me recall wanting to re-listen to Deth Enemy I think they were called.)

Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 2:24 pm

Limberlost is great musically, but their lyrics aren't going to be very "evangelical"...I didn't notice anything I found objectionable in them...but many people would listen to them and have little to no clue that it is a band full of Christians.

You did get the Lordchain worship album didn't you?  (I'm pretty certain it was only offered digitally)

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2018 9:11 pm

I would recommend the new EP by Crimson Bridge Ministry.  I don't know if you'd like their vocalist, but they are lyrically very bold in their faith.  I dig 'em!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 9:52 am

Check out Luke Easter's The Pop Disaster
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 12:43 pm

in no particular order...

Impellitteri - Nature of the Beast  (maybe #1)
Sardonyx - Sons of the Kingdom
Jimmy P Brown's - Eraserhead
Grave Robber - Escaping the Grave
Millennial Reign - The Great Divide
Primal Fear - Apocalypse (secular)  (maybe #1)
Judas Priest - Firepower
Narnia - Made in Brazil
Luke Easter - The Pop Disaster

Favorite Reissue... No contest... SOLDIER "BABYLON 30 Years and Beyond" ... for deeply personal reasons!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 1:21 pm

I changed the title since it was clearly throwing people off and they weren't reading the OP.

What else should I consider buying from 2018 knowing lyrics must be Christian and songs must be pretty melodic in general (I'll be singing/humming along usually)?

I've removed Ledger because the rest of the EP is sort of weak and Limberlost for lyrics on Staybrite's advice.

The suggested Sardonyx album is good for what it is, but I know I wouldn't listen to it much at all like I do Theocracy so it's out.

Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 6:15 pm

Chaotic Resemblance have a great album out this year.  May be my album of the year!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5326
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 6:17 pm

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 8:31 am

For the type of lyrics you like, Topshot, I would still recommend the newest Crimson Bridge Ministry EP that came out this year.  Also, Deny The Fallen would be right up your alley.  That's the new band that Rey Parra from Sacred Warrior is with that released their album this year.  It is lyrically very strong.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2018 8:35 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Also, Deny The Fallen would be right up your alley.

Sounds pretty promising! Thumbs Up I'm shocked I can find nothing about them here before your comment. scratch

I want to like CBM, but something was off the first time I listened at work (with only 1 ear). I'll give them another shot with both ears sometime.

mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 12:08 pm

The last time I checked Deny the Fallen hadnt released a physical CD... just downloads...

I could be wrong at this point ... I had looked at picking it up a month or two ago...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 12:10 pm

I believe you're correct. A couple of my favorites on the list have as well.  Evil or Very Mad One at least does plan to release a hard copy in a month or two. Haven't heard back yet from the other.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?   What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What else should I buy from 2018 (or earlier)?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: