Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Whatever happened to Amos???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Whatever happened to Amos??? Empty
PostSubject: Whatever happened to Amos???   Whatever happened to Amos??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 12:40 pm

Back in 2006, I bought a CD by a band called Amos (not the gothic doom metal group). They had a sort of Black Crowes/Third Day kind of style. I have their "Faith Knows No Fear" CD. I bought it from CD Baby.

They had one earlier CD, but I haven't been able to locate it. As a matter of fact, I can't find much about this band now at all. Even the CD Baby pages are gone.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Amos???   Whatever happened to Amos??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 1:49 pm

OK, from what I have tracked down the band's first release was "For Life The Dream To Live" and you can get if from Amazon. I just ordered a copy of it used from there.

Faith Knows No Fear is a different matter though, I can't find that one.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Amos???   Whatever happened to Amos??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 4:21 pm

You found it.

They seem to have shut down their myspace and the personal email I had is dead now, too. I found another one so we'll see if that digs up any clues as to the mysterious disappearance of Amos.

nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Amos???   Whatever happened to Amos??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:05 pm

They not only stopped selling CDs, they have pulled all of the digital downloads that were available from different sites. I found several sites that used to sell the MP3's, but they are all gone or listed as not available. It's like they decided they wanted nothing to do with the Christian music industry and pulled completely out of it.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Amos???   Whatever happened to Amos??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:34 pm

Quote :
Thanks for your e-mail. The band Amos has been wrapped up for about a year
now. We have moved into different ministries.

I'm currently doing old hymns at nursing homes for the elderly.

RIC Sonshine Gospel Sing-A-Long

http://www.myspace.com/sonshinegospelsingalong

nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Amos???   Whatever happened to Amos??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 3:19 pm

OK, I got the first disc in the mail today. It has a very heavy 70's prog rock vibe to it. I really like it, but it is not a metal album at all. Lyrically, it is not a "Christian" album it doesn't seem, however, I did some checking around and found the following review of the album all together. It does a very good job of explaining not only the sound, but what the album is all about.

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/christian_rock/109187/1
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Amos???   Whatever happened to Amos??? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:27 am

Quote :
OK, I got the first disc in the mail today. It has a very heavy 70's prog rock vibe to it. I really like it, but it is not a metal album at all. Lyrically, it is not a "Christian" album it doesn't seem, however, I did some checking around and found the following review of the album all together. It does a very good job of explaining not only the sound, but what the album is all about.

Their 2nd album wasn't metal either. It had more of a 70's southern rock vibe.

From your description, I probably wouldn't like the first one. I've had it on my Lala want list forever. But, I think I'll remove it and just be glad to have the one I own.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Amos???   Whatever happened to Amos??? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 5:25 pm

OK, I got the second Amos disc in the mail today. This disc is nothing like the first disc. I like the second one better after the first two songs. However, I do like the first disc in a different way. I can't believe it is the same band really. It is, but man they changed directions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whatever happened to Amos???   Whatever happened to Amos??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Amos???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: