Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classic Album: Cyrstavox

Go down 
+4
Fundy
ChosenOne
Stryped Forever
Staybrite
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Classic Album: Cyrstavox Empty
PostSubject: Classic Album: Cyrstavox   Classic Album: Cyrstavox I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Classic Album: Cyrstavox Cryst1

Another hair metal classic, this one from 1990. Slick guitars, high vocals, anthemic choruses, they sound much like many of the bands playing in L.A. during the mid to late 80’s (not to say that is a bad thing). Oh yes, and they had really big hair (just look at the picture from the back of this album below). The lyrics are very bold, and the band even included a “Purpose Statement” on their album strongly proclaiming their faith in Christ.

I actually liked this album, but not nearly as much as some of the other great albums from this era (The Brave, Fear Not, and Mastedon). Still definitely worth a spin once in a while.

Classic Album: Cyrstavox Crystavox

Stryped Forever

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Cyrstavox   Classic Album: Cyrstavox I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 11:03 pm

I have both their albums, bought then new in the earily 90's some of my favorite Christian metal! I put it above The Brave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.StrypedForever.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Cyrstavox   Classic Album: Cyrstavox I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 11:07 pm

Absolutely love this album. I though Crystavox was very underated in the christian metal market. they had a tight sound,great vocals and awsome message. Didn't find a single bad song on this album at all. They are in my top 5 bands I would like to see reunite. Can't find anything out there as to where the members are today. I know Fred Helm was w/Krush and Loren Holmquist was a producer on that album but they have since vanished.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5307
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Cyrstavox   Classic Album: Cyrstavox I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 7:20 am

I've got both albums as well. Maybe not my favourite band of the 80's but still worth owning.

I think I slightly prefer the first album, although the second was still good.

I was exited to hear of a possible reunion a year or so ago, but nothing seems to have happened since then. I even typed in Crystavox in google and found out pretty much nothing about a reunion. (I did found out there's alot of dodgy women called Crystavox though..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23441
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Cyrstavox   Classic Album: Cyrstavox I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:44 am

"The Bottom Line" blew the first CD out of the water. It was heavier and dirtier sounding.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16553
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Cyrstavox   Classic Album: Cyrstavox I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 10:10 am

The Bottomline was heavier but this CD sounds good too.
The Bottomline is my favorite albeit I really love some songs of this album too.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9927
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Cyrstavox   Classic Album: Cyrstavox I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 12:04 pm

May of told this story before (you know how old people tell the same stories over and over), but back in 1990 I was the youth group leader at my Church and this gal in my class knew I liked metal, so she brought me a cassette of Bottom Line and said I might like it, and that one of the band members was a relative of hers. That album became one of my top 5 favorites. I still love that album and use songs off of it as ring tones for my cell.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Cyrstavox   Classic Album: Cyrstavox I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 12:48 pm

I loved both their albums. I got this one as a CDR from someone and the production or sound quality is not good. The band sounds warbly. I'm not sure if its the original recording the quality of the copy I got. I would love to get a hold of an original copy of the album to see.

The songs are strong, though. I prefer this to The Bottom Line. Both are great albums, but I liked the pop feel to this album a *tad* more than the heavy groove on The Bottom Line. As I said, though, both albums are stellar.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23373
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Cyrstavox   Classic Album: Cyrstavox I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:31 pm

Hmm, I would be hard pressed to pick between the self-titled album and "Bottom Line" both very good albums. Definately worthy of repeated listening. But for some reason there was something about the singers voice that kept me from putting this band in my top favorites.

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album: Cyrstavox   Classic Album: Cyrstavox I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic Album: Cyrstavox
Page 1 of 1