Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching?

Go down 
+13
bassdude
rockerVu2
Xid
Fundy
Through The Dark Radio
Normaniac
Driven
kerrick
MikeInFla
Hardkore
Staybrite
topshot rhit
alldatndensum
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5522
Registration date : 2014-03-12

What are you watching? - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 11:01 am

My wife has really enjoyed Downton Abey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23477
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 11:30 am

Jen5 wrote:
What's Umbrella Academy?
Started watching Arrival tonight. I can't sit through a whole movie without getting ants in my pants so I didn't finish it, but I got more than half way which says something about the show. I really enjoyed it. Going to watch the rest tomorrow. Love it when the aliens are altruistic.    : )
My mother has asked me to watch Downton Abbey. I'm dreading it. It sounds like a soap opera with cool costumes and grand architecture. I'm hoping to be proven wrong.

Umbrella Academy is based on a comic book series.  These special kids were all born on the same day and this rich man adopts 7 of them to train as heroes.  Through the years, they grow apart and learn to resent their "dad".  

They are reunited when dear old dad dies.  Their lives are total messes and it seems that their father and their powers are responsible.  While trying to deal with his death and how screwed up each one of them is, their long lost brother shows up looking much younger than the rest of them and tells them they have 3 days to save the earth from utter destruction.  He has been to the future and saw that all of them also died.  So, no pressure to get this right, huh?

So, this isn't your typical flashy costumed wearing superhero series.  They spend more time yelling and sometimes beating up each other than they do stopping the bad guys.

The new season dropped today on Netflix.  I still have three more episodes of the first season to go.  I wanted to remember everything I could before I started the new season.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3876

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 12:36 pm

Jen5 wrote:
My mother has asked me to watch Downton Abbey. I'm dreading it. It sounds like a soap opera with cool costumes and grand architecture. I'm hoping to be proven wrong.
FWIW, we enjoyed the series and movie even though I have no interest in British "royalty". Maybe Fundy can comment on how authentically it was portrayed, but it didn't feel overly soap opera-ish to me.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 1:41 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Jen5 wrote:
FWIW, we enjoyed the series and movie even though I have no interest in British "royalty". Maybe Fundy can comment on how authentically it was portrayed, but it didn't feel overly soap opera-ish to me.

My wife watched it and loved it.  She liked Poldark, too.  I have seen a couple of episodes of both and they just weren't for me.  I don't care for my wife's love of trash tv either.  She likes stuff like 90 Day Fiancee, Married at First Site, etc.  She would watch this stuff on her phone when she was at home working through the shutdowns.  I would watch a couple of hours of tv when I first got up to see the stuff I like.  We mostly watch shows we both enjoy at night if we have the TV on.  We like Superstore, Community, Fuller House, Alexa & Kate, Mr. Iglesias, and others.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 4:13 am

Well, if I survive Downton, I'll let y'all know.
I finished Arrival tonight. Great movie. Neat twist.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 8:27 pm

Gemini Man

Promise Keepers 2020 Virtual Event (you may need to scroll forward to 41:44 on each video to get to start)

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2020 7:18 pm

Finished season one of The Umbrella Academy and then did 6 hours of online training for the Census Bureau.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 11:07 pm

Just watched Downfall.  Hitler was a complete loon.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 10:50 am

Sword Art Online
Back to top Go down
Oldiesmann

Oldiesmann

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 12:45 am

So. Much. Cheese.

Back to top Go down
https://www.christianmetal.fans
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23454
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 12:37 pm

Oldiesmann wrote:
So. Much. Cheese.

Oh wow, that was fantastic!  It's not every video where you get to see a mini xylophone solo!

Oldiesmann likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2020 12:54 pm

They played that vid on Real Videos a lot.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 6:02 pm

Space Amoeba - a 1970 Toho studios Kaiju movie that does not involve Godzilla.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 6:28 pm

We watched the final episodes of Marvel's Agents Of Shield last night.  It is sad to see this show end.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2020 8:15 pm

Doctor Dolittle (1967)
Spy Kids 3: Game Over

topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 9:08 pm

Tenet

kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 11:03 pm

^What'd you think of it?  I thought the trailer looked pretty good but haven't particularly liked any of Nolan's movies since Memento.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 12:30 pm

Tenet was a decent action thriller though the overall premise of sending an agent to save the world and all we can give you to go on is a word and symbol was rather weak. I only recall him using the word once. His buddy used the symbol once. Like all time/reality-altering stories, it's hard to keep track of things. There were some spots it was hard to make out the dialogue which didn't help. Definitely worth seeing in the theater, which is why we chose to see this movie. They left room for a sequel, which seems to be the norm these days.

FWIW, Fundy seemed to love it based on his FB post.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3507
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 1:27 pm

Right on.  Hmm, well maybe I'll check it out then.  Smile  I don't have much time for movies these days but we'll see.  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 6:53 am

Spy Kids: All the Time in the World

Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 2:37 pm

On my way to go see Bill and Ted Face The Music.
Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 6:02 pm

That was, um, Wyld!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 9:19 pm

Words on Bathroom Walls

Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1453
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 3:20 am

Season 8 Perry Mason.  It's been a ride!
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 4:23 pm

Escape From Pretoria

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next