Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Um...this is Dale Thompson

Go down 
+11
deathisgain
kerrick
Follower of Jesus
MikeInFla
Staybrite
KellyM
Xid
Black Rider
Pro-Zak
alldatndensum
Jen5
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Um...this is Dale Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 6:40 am

Um......  So this is Dale Thompson's latest project. Don't know if I should be  affraid or  Suspect  or  cyclops   or even  Embarassed , but I'm definitely not  Headbang..........

This MUST be a different Dale. Right?
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 6:44 am

Right?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 7:24 am

No, that's really him.  He is doing a couple of side projects that deviate from what he is known for.  He has pushed this pretty hard, and has almost gone to the point of telling fans that they have to get this if they are truly his fans.  However, fans aren't required to support anything an artist does if they don't like it.  I would never play this, so I am not spending money on it.  If he does more with Perpetual Paranoia, N.O.G., Bride, or The World Will Burn, then I am on board.  I just don't want this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Pro-Zak

Pro-Zak

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2013-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 8:52 am

affraid
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 9:47 am

Who is that even aimed at? It's just strange.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 10:48 am

I'm sorry, but that's garbage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 11:23 am

Well, it's better than anything on his Speak Into The Machine album. Anyone else have that CD besides me?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 12:13 pm

I listened to a little, too many pig noises.  Very Happy

Last edited by Black Rider on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Too much showering as well. I got pruney just listening to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 2:07 pm

lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Yikes, I don't know anyone who would dig that.  Odd vocals aside it is just all over the map musically (and not in a good way).  If Dale enjoys it that is great, but he can't expect everyone to dig it.

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 3:34 pm

You GET what he's doing though eh. He's getting creative and just seeing what comes out. A lot of good comes out of musical experimentation. Maybe, this is a precursor to something genius. My feeling is that it's not there yet (lol), but maybe in time we'll all be like  Shocked  (in a good way). Bless him on his journey.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 4:56 pm

Sounds like he's trying to be a new Primus.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 5:36 pm

Jen5 wrote:
You GET what he's doing though eh. He's getting creative and just seeing what comes out. A lot of good comes out of musical experimentation. Maybe, this is a precursor to something genius. My feeling is that it's not there yet (lol), but maybe in time we'll all be like  Shocked  (in a good way). Bless him on his journey.

There is nothing wrong with trying to stretch musically.  While many musicians try to break out from their norm, many fans don't care for their newer musings.  We bought Bride's music because we liked the style.  He might come out with something genius, but where is it going to land?  If it is out in left field compared to what his fans like, they will still call it terrible and ignore it completely.  If this is where this project is going, even if they improve, then I am not interested.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 9:30 am

I don't know if I get what he's doing when there's not going to be a market for it and telling his fans they have to like it is not a good move.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 10:06 am

In fact, telling me I have to like it might even keep me from buying anything at all!
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 2:57 pm

He’s just getting more and more weird. I haven’t really enjoyed anything by him since Bride’s Oddities album. And I haven’t loved anything since Scarecrow.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:
He’s just getting more and more weird.

You mean his music or theology?   Razz

(Sorry mods, I couldn't resist.)
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 3:16 pm

kerrick wrote:

#NailedIt
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 4:13 pm

kerrick wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:

Ok, I'm giving you a warning...anymore bear-baiting and you will end up in facebook jail a temporary ban!!!!  geek

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 4:53 pm

What a Face
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Staybrite wrote:
kerrick wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:

Ok, I'm giving you a warning...anymore bear-baiting and you will end up in facebook jail a temporary ban!!!!  geek

I thought we were giving out free spray tans for that?  Man, I shouldn't have skipped the last few staff meetings!

lol!

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 6:26 pm

affraid affraid affraid

Well, I gotta say, that's better than getting doused with Axe body spray!   lol!
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 6:40 pm

Aaaaaand another thread get's hopelessly derailed!  ROTFL

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 9:03 pm

kerrick wrote:
affraid affraid affraid

Well, I gotta say, that's better than getting doused with Axe body spray!   lol!

We discussed doing that but had to nix the idea.  Gary wouldn't let me play with my lighter when we doused the rule breakers.  Something about being dangerous and likely to set someone on fire or some mamby-pamby excuse like that.

lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Um...this is Dale Thompson   Um...this is Dale Thompson I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Um...this is Dale Thompson
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: