Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New stuff from Roxx

Go down 
+4
alldatndensum
Through The Dark Radio
MikeInFla
Jen5
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

New stuff from Roxx Empty
PostSubject: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 4:26 am

New webstore for Roxx. They've got new (old) Helix. New (old) MASS, New (1st release) Weapons of God and Remastered Red Sea "Blood" ...

https://mailchi.mp/a47e421ac4f2/new-website-new-store-new-pre-orders?fbclid=IwAR3cKQDx8FqzZEtk5r8Gq0a8o8QyFk6GTRsi5gGQfjsvL5Yl5A8jhUTniSs
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 5:40 am

Here's the Red Sea link:

https://roxxrecords.com/search?q=red+sea

I had a hard time finding it on the site, there is no pre-order page so I did a search. Then when I tried to purchase the order was declined because it said it was in "test mode".
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 6:06 am

They might have been doing maintenance. I know others who have ordered Red Sea today without a problem. Give it an hour and maybe try again. The site announcement only came out today so it's probably still got some teething problems. If it still doesn't work, I'd message Roxx. I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing the system had a bug.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 10:20 am

I did the big bundle with Helix, Red Sea and Mass.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 11:33 am

Mine still says it is in test mode. Tried from my phone and computer
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Just now got it to work, pre-ordered the Red Sea CD.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 1:38 pm

I want to hear Helix.  Is this old demos or redone classics?

I think I am gonna pass on Red Sea.  I am happy with my original.

I am more interested in that new band Weapons Of God.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 1:59 pm

What do Weapons Of God sound like?  I can't find any sounds!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 2:44 pm

I think this is the same Weapons Of God. I believe there are samples here but I cannot get it to play at work for some reason.

https://www.bandmix.com/rockzilla1313/

I had never even heard of Red Sea until today and I found their album on YouTube so I decided to order. 

As for Helix, it is old but "new":

The Brand New (But Old) Album from classic Canadian Rockers HELIX is now available on CD and VERY Limited Edition vinyl. 

The OLD SCHOOL album came about quite by accident. In 2018 I was cleaning out the basement closet at Planet Helix. What I found were various tapes I had almost forgotten about-2”, ¼”, and a huge box of cassette tapes. I was going to throw out the 2” tapes until I got a frantic phone call from my old friend Greg Godovitz who realized the tapes’ value. Greg made me take a serious look at what I had and I realized there was at least a whole album of unreleased material-and so the idea of “OLD SCHOOL” was born. Incidentally, none of these tracks were ever released, although some of them might have been on our website as “rare tracks” in the past.

Three of the songs we were able to extract from 2” tape were recorded for the Back for Another Taste sessions in 1989: Games Mother Never Taught You, Tie Me Down, and Your Turn to Cry. Paul Hackman is playing guitar and singing on these tracks. To “extract” these recordings from the 2” tape we had to take the tapes to Beach Studios outside of Goderich, Ontario and get Siegfried Meier to thermally bake them. Upon doing so, the tracks were immediately transferred to digital. Later they were mixed by Siegfried; some with minor overdubs by Daryl Gray. One other track-“Cheers” was taken from a cassette tape and cleaned up by Siegfried as well.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 4:21 pm

You've been a member here and at CMR for years and never HEARD of RED SEA?  Unbelievable!!!

If that Weapons Of God is the same band, then I hope the new stuff sounds better than the samples in that link.  The singer sounds strained and off pitch when he is singing in the higher range.  Hopefully, they got that fixed in the finished recording.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2019 7:39 pm

I'll definitely be getting the Red Sea, but I checked out that bandmix link for WOG and didn't dig it.

Not sure about the Mass or Helix....might get both...maybe neither.

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 11:57 am

Red Sea is the best that Kyle ever sang on imo. I'll check out WoG but those samples do nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 2:16 pm

I disagree.  While Red Sea is really good, his stuff with Die Happy was better simply because of the musicians in DH.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 3:40 pm

I like DH but I think the Red Sea had more swagger. Eh, just my dumb opinion.

Last edited by Black Rider on Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 5:52 pm

Black Rider wrote:
I like DH but I think the Red Sea had more swagger. Eh, just my dump opinion.

One that I agree with.  The songwriting was even better with RS.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 8:13 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Black Rider wrote:
I like DH but I think the Red Sea had more swagger. Eh, just my dump opinion.

One that I agree with.  The songwriting was even better with RS.

Me three.  
I really dig the stuff with Die Happy, but he wasn't the original singer for the project and it kind of shows IMO (at least on the first album).  Not horrible, but it sounds like he was forcing his voice to fit the music somewhat....still better than a ton of stuff out there though.

crucifyd

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 4:59 am

who was the original singer? RKB recorded both records (and the live one)...
Back to top Go down
http://www.crucifyd.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 11:05 am

I don't think they had an original singer but Basauri was a guest singer on the first album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 1:23 pm

crucifyd wrote:

I've heard a rumor that the first album was written with Michael Lee (Drive) from Barren Cross in mind.  I don't have any proof of that, just some rumor from the interwebs.  I do know that Robin wasn't considered an actual member of the band for the first album (just brought in to do the vocals).

Through The Dark Radio

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 1:41 pm

Staybrite wrote:
crucifyd wrote:

I've heard a rumor that the first album was written with Michael Lee (Drive) from Barren Cross in mind.  I don't have any proof of that, just some rumor from the interwebs.  I do know that Robin wasn't considered an actual member of the band for the first album (just brought in to do the vocals).

Probably from Mike himself  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 2:05 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
crucifyd wrote:

Probably from Mike himself  Very Happy

lol!  Quite possibly.

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 3:27 pm

Then they could've called the band, Drive Happy.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 7:48 am

So here is Weapons Of God. Better than the other stuff I posted but I think I'll pass on this one (although I love the cover art for the CD).
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2019 12:27 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
So here is Weapons Of God. Better than the other stuff I posted but I think I'll pass on this one (although I love the cover art for the CD).

Musically not my favorite style....but still pretty decent.  It's the vocals that ruin it for me though.  I'm gonna pass on this one too.

PostSubject: Re: New stuff from Roxx   New stuff from Roxx I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New stuff from Roxx
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: