Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....

Go down 
+5
kerrick
Fundy
MikeInFla
Black Rider
alldatndensum
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... Empty
PostSubject: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 7:37 am

At the recent forum Comic Con, Marvel has announced many of their upcoming projects.  While we don't know who will be donning the suit, they have said they will have a new Iron Man which will probably be the female Iron Heart.  They did give Natalie Portman Thor's hammer, so we will be looking at a female Thor in the future.  I am betting that Miles Morales' Spider-Man won't be far behind.

When they launch these lesser known modern incarnations of these characters, I am done.  I don't know them, and I don't want to.  I am fine with female leads and movies with minority characters.  Just don't pander to the PC crowd and reinvent icons.  Iron Man without Stark is done.  Thor not being the God of Thunder is done.  If they bring in anyone other than Peter Parker for Spider-Man, it's over.  You've cut out most of the older fans who loved these characters as kids and have had a ball watching them as adults.

I still may see some of the Marvel movies like the new Dr. Strange and the relaunch of Blade, but that may be where this ride ends for me.  It just won't be the same, and the unfamiliarity for most of us will be gone.  It would feel like your parents forgetting your birthday and then taking you for ice cream two months later.  It would taste good, but it isn't the same thing at all.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 9:52 am

I'm with you, you want female leads, they're out there or make new characters. Going to the movies lately seems more about pushing an agenda then telling a good story. Kind of like making 007 a female. I know, 007 is a designation but we all know it as Bond.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 10:36 am

I read where Warner is doing a new DC movie and Brandon Routh is returning as Superman. I always thought he did a good job, it at least makes me interested. I really liked Superman Returns. I bought it on DVD when the rental place was going out of business for like a buck.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 3:45 pm

It's hard to watch some of this stuff.  For me, it all started with The Last Jedi, now I keep seeing their agenda being pushed, and I'm finding more and more difficult to get excited about Marvel, Star Wars or anything with a leftist/sjw pursuit.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 10:20 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
I read where Warner is doing a new DC movie and Brandon Routh is returning as Superman. I always thought he did a good job, it at least makes me interested. I really liked Superman Returns. I bought it on DVD when the rental place was going out of business for like a buck.

He isn't doing a movie as Superman.  He will be playing Supes in an alternative earth with the CW shows they call the Arrowverse.  Those shows crossover every year.  Routh will play both Superman and his current character, too.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Last edited by alldatndensum on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 5:41 am

Oh wow, didn't know that. Still curious to see!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 9:03 am

I wouldn't have minded seeing Brandon playing Superman longer.  There was just something off about the movie he did.  Instead of ignoring the 3rd and 4th Superman films and becoming a direct sequel to 1 & 2 purposely, they could have still tied into the series somehow.  I think bringing in the Superbaby was a little soon with that film. They could have done a couple and then brought in Clark and Lois having a kid.  Maybe the choice of Lex Luthor was off.  Or, maybe it was that you see Superman doing little super stuff except for lifting a Kryptonite mountain that would have surely killed him.

OK, Routh made a great Supes.  The story hurt that movie and subsequent films for him.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 11:46 am

Marvel superhero movies have turned into one giant vehicle to further their liberal/leftist agenda (and a means to make a TON of money while they're at it...).  Even if I hadn't got bored with their same rehashed formula eons ago, I don't intend to give them another dollar!

I was talking to some friends about a related topic just last night: if you're watching a show with, say, a feminist/lesbian lead, it's obvious what the filmmakers' agenda is on that front and easy to compartmentalize that portion and perhaps even enjoy the rest of the show for what it is.  But there are so many other, less overt elements in the media that we don't even realize are affecting us.  For example, I remember hearing/reading somewhere how the tv show Friends significantly helped normalize and glorify the "hookup culture" which since then has become the norm and expected behavior of young adults everywhere - including professing Christians.  Beyond the LGBTQXYZ and feminism stuff which is quite obvious, I wonder what other agendas Marvel/Disney is pushing that we may not even be aware of?
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 12:41 pm

kerrick wrote:
Marvel superhero movies have turned into one giant vehicle to further their liberal/leftist agenda (and a means to make a TON of money while they're at it...).  Even if I hadn't got bored with their same rehashed formula eons ago, I don't intend to give them another dollar!

I was talking to some friends about a related topic just last night: if you're watching a show with, say, a feminist/lesbian lead, it's obvious what the filmmakers' agenda is on that front and easy to compartmentalize that portion and perhaps even enjoy the rest of the show for what it is.  But there are so many other, less overt elements in the media that we don't even realize are affecting us.  For example, I remember hearing/reading somewhere how the tv show Friends significantly helped normalize and glorify the "hookup culture" which since then has become the norm and expected behavior of young adults everywhere - including professing Christians.  Beyond the LGBTQXYZ and feminism stuff which is quite obvious, I wonder what other agendas Marvel/Disney is pushing that we may not even be aware of?
I'm happy to say I have never watched a complete episode of Friends!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 1:05 pm

^And you're probably a better person because of it!  I [somewhat regrettably] watched both seasons of the tv show Scream.  (I love the movies but the show is quite stupid...)  In the show, the teenage characters all drink alcohol and it's implied that they are sleeping around - even the "good kids" - as if it was the expected, normal, and fine thing to do, even glorified to a degree.  If we see that type of thing over and over in media and don't have a solid biblical foundation, it becomes normalized in our brains and sinful behavior stops appearing so sinful after a while...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 3:03 pm

Disney, who owns Marvel Studios has been one of the biggest proponents of the whole gay (and other perversion) culture.  They adopted their Gay Days back in the early 90s at the theme parks.  They now own 80% of all media you consue after their merger with Fox.  They are making a bigger deal out of the sexuality if the upcoming characters than they are about how cool these movies could be.  The agenda now will come first.

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 5:19 pm

I have await and see attitude. I am thinking the Jane/Thor might be a small part. Maybe throw a bone to the PC crowd. Like they are doing with the female 007. It got the next movie great hype, but the real story is, she's not going to be James Bond. And he rescues her. So maybe that is what they will do with Jane. Now the whole Valkyrie thing is what I am more worried about. They have mentioned that she is a bisexual character, and I read that she will be "looking for her Queen", which could mean different things.

As to the new characters, well, no one really cared about Guardians of the Galaxy, but that became a huge hit, so they may do well with them. And maybe it gives them a chance to give a break to the old characters till they find the right people to fill those rolls. Like Wolverine. I didn't care for Hugh Jackman when he was announced, and now I can't picture anyone else in that role. But they are going to fill it soon I assume.

All that being said, I think that you are correct on the older crowd like us. I grew up with the Avengers and such. I didn't read a lot of other story lines after my adolescence, so I am not familiar with characters like Falcon's Captain America. I am also wary of the liberal PC crowd cramming their agenda and pushing for their beliefs on the movies. That stuff turned me off to a lot of the DC TV shows and the Marvel ones as well. We've seen what it did to the last Star Wars movie. It was a boring man hating film.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 11:00 am

deathisgain wrote:
I have await and see attitude. I am thinking the Jane/Thor might be a small part. Maybe throw a bone to the PC crowd. Like they are doing with the female 007. It got the next movie great hype, but the real story is, she's not going to be James Bond. And he rescues her. So maybe that is what they will do with Jane. Now the whole Valkyrie thing is what I am more worried about. They have mentioned that she is a bisexual character, and I read that she will be "looking for her Queen", which could mean different things.

As to the new characters, well, no one really cared about Guardians of the Galaxy, but that became a huge hit, so they may do well with them. And maybe it gives them a chance to give a break to the old characters till they find the right people to fill those rolls. Like Wolverine. I didn't care for Hugh Jackman when he was announced, and now I can't picture anyone else in that role. But they are going to fill it soon I assume.

All that being said, I think that you are correct on the older crowd like us. I grew up with the Avengers and such. I didn't read a lot of other story lines after my adolescence, so I am not familiar with characters like Falcon's Captain America. I am also wary of the liberal PC crowd cramming their agenda and pushing for their beliefs on the movies. That stuff turned me off to a lot of the DC TV shows and the Marvel ones as well. We've seen what it did to the last
Wow! Star Wars movie. It was a boring man hating film.

I am betting the torch will be completely handed to Jane Foster as Chris Helmworth's contract is up at that time.  Plus, Foster is Thor in the comics these days.

Valkyrie will be full on bi-sexual, and I bet they start showing this.  I am betting that the arrogant Capt. Marvel also goes that way.  The sexuality of the characters is being promoted more than the stories themselves for the future.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 12:12 pm

Speaking of DC, I know little of "Crisis On Infinite Earths". What is it? Now I am reading that Burt Ward will appear reprising Robin and that Lynda Carter will reprise Wonder Woman. What the heck is it?
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Hulk   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 5:19 pm

If they want to do another proper Hulk movie (does Marvel have the rights for a solo Hulk movie yet?), it could include Lou Ferrigno playing the Maestro. We know time travel is a possibility now, so it could happen!
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 6:58 pm

They don't own the rights.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 8:33 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Speaking of DC, I know little of "Crisis On Infinite Earths". What is it? Now I am reading that Burt Ward will appear reprising Robin and that Lynda Carter will reprise Wonder Woman. What the heck is it?

This is a crossover event in the Arrowverse as they call it.  It will bring together the shows Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Batgirl, and Legends of Tomorrow.  It will be their largest crossover yet.  They have done this to cross promote each of the shows to get fans to watch all of them.  I like Legends Of Tomorrow but am not sold on any of the other shows.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 5:33 pm

I initially balked at these newfangled ideas...but a YouTube video has reassured me that many of my prejudices were hasty.  I'm going to give these future flicks a shot.
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 9:03 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Disney, who owns Marvel Studios has been one of the biggest proponents of the whole gay (and other perversion) culture.  They adopted their Gay Days back in the early 90s at the theme parks.  They now own 80% of all media you consue after their merger with Fox.  They are making a bigger deal out of the sexuality if the upcoming characters than they are about how cool these movies could be.  The agenda now will come first.

I have the impression that Walt is spinning in his grave, but maybe I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 9:09 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Valkyrie will be full on bi-sexual, and I bet they start showing this.  I am betting that the arrogant Capt. Marvel also goes that way.  The sexuality of the characters is being promoted more than the stories themselves for the future.

I guess I wouldn't be too surprised. I, too, see this trend. Just about every team introduced has the gay member now—and I'm still wondering why we need to know about their sex lives at all? I thought comics were about funny suits and wacky powers and saving the world from bad guys. They even retcon characters that have been around for decades and make them homosexual; e.g. Iceman is no longer just the youngest original X-Man and thus a bit dorky and not quite as good with relationships, turns out he was a closeted gay all along!
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 9:14 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I like Legends Of Tomorrow but am not sold on any of the other shows.

Legends is okay. Probably the most camp of any of them, but that's okay.

I binged several seasons of Flash and enjoyed it, until the gay agenda became too much to stomach any more. Now I give all those DC shows a pass.

I was an avid SHIELD watcher until somewhere in season 5. It just seems to have lost the magic it once had. The whole space arc seems to have nothing to do with SHIELD at all.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 10:12 am

A relevant rant from Louder With Crowder:
https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/dear-hollywood-stop-gaying-all-the-things/
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 9:31 am

I agree with Crowder, it's ruining storylines.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2019 5:22 am

I am completely with you on this Chris.

Many know that I am a huge Marvel fan. I've seen all the movies multiple times. Go on opening day, buy the special version DVD's, etc.

But with some exception I am pretty much done too. You might say Endgame was the end for me. It was my fave Marvel movie, I want to pretend that it was a funeral service that I did not want to see the open casket and just remember all the characters in their glory.

But I loathe anything that pushes the LGQ agenda. What a huge turn off, literally for my family and self when watching TV at home. We either roll our eyes or close our eyes during those parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....   Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, they are ruining Marvel Studios....
Page 1 of 1