Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Trek: Picard

Go down 
+2
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Star Trek: Picard Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek: Picard   Star Trek: Picard I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 6:42 pm

Looks pretty good. As much as I don't want a new streaming service I might have to get it when this drops. 

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Picard   Star Trek: Picard I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2019 10:22 pm

Maybe, but he is getting too old to be a Captain again.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1448
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Picard   Star Trek: Picard I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 1:24 am

All Trekked out here. Time for all ST-related stuff to go off the air.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Picard   Star Trek: Picard I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 5:37 am

I also enjoy Star Trek Continues. They wrapped up the 5 year mission. The acting isn't great but these people are fans and didn't get paid for doing it. The finale was a 2 part episode. 

Still interested in Picard. I don't believe he will be an "acting" Captain. Perhaps they are calling him that out of respect.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Picard   Star Trek: Picard I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 8:59 am

No, but the trailer does have him hopping a ship and taking "command" of it.  His voice even sounds tired now.  I doubt it is going to be that great or they wouldn't hide it on CBS Prime.  That is my opinion of what little I saw of Star Trek: Discovery as well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Picard   Star Trek: Picard I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2019 5:20 pm

I'm not really excited for this. I will say that the trailer started off making me think Picard was going to be all navel gazing on this, but the action picked up. I hated the first season of Discovery, but season two was better, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Picard   Star Trek: Picard I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 10:14 am

I'm not a huge Trekkie, and I'm not going to buy a fourth streaming service (no matter how inexpensive it is).  So I have to confess I don't even bother watching these trailers for shows that will be on some streaming platform I don't already subscribe to.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Picard   Star Trek: Picard I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 11:02 am

I agree, Gary.  If I were going to do this, I would sign up for a month, binge-watch that show, and then cancel.  I would rather have some of these streaming networks fail and them come running to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon to carry their content.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Picard   Star Trek: Picard I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 1:07 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I agree, Gary.  If I were going to do this, I would sign up for a month, binge-watch that show, and then cancel.  I would rather have some of these streaming networks fail and them come running to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon to carry their content.

Agreed.  It's almost as if these media companies are looking at streaming "channels" and thinking "Hey here is a growing market that is rapidly becoming over-bloated with options....so many in fact that most of the companies are going to fail.... lets start our own sup-par streaming service and see if we can bilk a few million from an unsuspecting public before the bubble bursts!"   

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Picard   Star Trek: Picard I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2019 5:13 pm

I'm a Trekkie from way back. (Hardcore. Even created by own font because none of the free ones were very good, IMHO.) TNG wasn't bad. I watched the ST franchise start to fall apart with DS9. I watched the premiere of VOY and a few episodes after. Never bothered to watch ENT at all. Gave the new movies a miss, and couldn't care less about Discovery. I do still hope to see some of the fan-made episodes, though. (Somehow I hold out hope that fans will get it right, when Hollywood screws it up.) Picard was a good character, and of course Stewart is a great actor. I don't think he would have done this without a good script. So it might be pretty good. That said, I'm not going to subscribe to CBS-whatever to see it.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Picard   Star Trek: Picard I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2019 10:05 am

I also consider myself a Trekkie.  I watched reruns of TOS, faithfully watched TNG for all seven seasons, have seen most of DS9 even though it wasn't my favorite, and enjoyed Voyager all the way through, too.  I tried Enterprise but just couldn't get into it.  I enjoyed all the original cast and TNG movies.  I even liked the Abrams reboot movies.

I haven't seen Discovery.  It is a lot more sexual than I would want from what I hear.  When they started making it, they referred to it as Star Trek: STD for that reason.  From what I hear about the show, they have messed with the timeline and canon.  They keep having to use the Enterprise in the show to keep people interested. No thank you.

As for the Picard show, I have no interest.  To be honest, I'd rather see a show of the adventured of Riker and Troi after they married and he got his first command as a Captain.  Heck, at this point, a show with Wesley Crusher as a Captain looks more interesting.  Regardless, put it on Prime Time tv.  People are cutting the cord to cable and satellite, but they aren't doing it because they want to pay MORE to see the handful of shows they like or want to try.  Put it on Netflix or Hulu and stick an ad on it.  But, get it out to the masses instead of expecting the Star Trek fan club to keep your fledgling streaming service alive.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Picard   Star Trek: Picard I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 5:35 am

ChristTrekker wrote:
I'm a Trekkie from way back. (Hardcore. Even created by own font because none of the free ones were very good, IMHO.) TNG wasn't bad. I watched the ST franchise start to fall apart with DS9. I watched the premiere of VOY and a few episodes after. Never bothered to watch ENT at all. Gave the new movies a miss, and couldn't care less about Discovery. I do still hope to see some of the fan-made episodes, though. (Somehow I hold out hope that fans will get it right, when Hollywood screws it up.) Picard was a good character, and of course Stewart is a great actor. I don't think he would have done this without a good script. So it might be pretty good. That said, I'm not going to subscribe to CBS-whatever to see it.
The fan made stuff of TOS is pretty good (if you watch the one I posted above, look at their channel). It isn't the greatest because they are not professional actors but they do a decent enough job and some of the stories are written by the original authors. "New Voyages" also had some good episodes but they pulled them when CBS started their crap about not letting fan-made videos be over a certain length (maybe 15 or 30 minutes I think) and put in all kinds of rules that made it impossible for them to make them anymore. 

I really enjoyed Enterprise better than I thought I would. I never saw it in its original run but saw it later on in reruns. Never got into Voyager, watched for 2 or 3 seasons then totally gave up on it. 

I will say I am very interested in this new Picard series but not at all interested in Discovery. And I hated the reboot movies.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Picard   Star Trek: Picard I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2019 4:50 pm

Voyager started improving once they got Geri Ryan as 7 of 9.  First, she was eye candy!  But, her character brought new tensions and that almost childlike character like Spock or Data could be at times.  During season three, the crew quit whining about being lost and started working harder together to find a solution to get home.  They had some great holodeck episodes, too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Picard   Star Trek: Picard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Trek: Picard
Page 1 of 1