Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hillsong on songwriting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Hillsong on songwriting Empty
PostSubject: Hillsong on songwriting   Hillsong on songwriting I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2019 7:10 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Worship music in my daily life, but obviously within my church community it is still a big part of my life and for that reason, definitely influences the way I interact with God. As a writer of songs with a message, I found this video very informative. I definitely agree with Brooke that those songs that I feel directed to write are always more meaningful than those I set out to write. 

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Hillsong on songwriting   Hillsong on songwriting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 2:29 pm

Interesting to hear their approach when writing worship music.  I don't think I would ever call any song I had written a "worship" song....mostly just because all of the criticism modern worship songs seem to get (even if some of it is deserved).

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Hillsong on songwriting   Hillsong on songwriting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 4:45 pm

I think the closest I ever got to writing a worship song was "I Cry No More" on Beyond the Gates which is not a worship song, but includes a "worship bridge" lol

I just don't feel drawn to write that kind of song. I do write a lot of Christian songs though so what they say is definitely applicable to me in that sense.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Hillsong on songwriting   Hillsong on songwriting I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 pm

I've tried writing worship songs and have failed miserably.  The closed I have come is You Are I Am which is more of a praise anthem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Hillsong on songwriting   Hillsong on songwriting I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 4:45 am

Jen5 wrote:
I think the closest I ever got to writing a worship song was "I Cry No More" on Beyond the Gates which is not a worship song, but includes a "worship bridge" lol

I just don't feel drawn to write that kind of song. I do write a lot of Christian songs though so what they say is definitely applicable to me in that sense.
Beautiful video and lovely lady dancing too. Smile
Back to top Go down
messiaen77

messiaen77

Number of posts : 2152
Registration date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Hillsong on songwriting   Hillsong on songwriting I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 9:12 am

I think of writing worship songs to be similiar to the Psalms.  Most of those were born out of a response to God in the circumstances of life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hillsong on songwriting   Hillsong on songwriting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hillsong on songwriting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: