Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Larry Worley Worship Album?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Larry Worley Worship Album? Empty
PostSubject: Larry Worley Worship Album?   Larry Worley Worship Album? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:32 am

Apparently Larry Worley is throwing his hat into the worship album ring.

This was the press release I received via e-mail from Roxx this morning (so a repeat probably for most of you).

Roxx Records wrote:
Roxx Records is very excited to be venturing in to a little bit of a different territory for us with our newest signing. While this singer is well known in the Christian rock world that we love and support, this one is a little more special! This is our first full praise and worship release, and it comes to us by way of one of our favorite vocalists, who has sung on some of the most classic releases that we all know and love.

Please join us as we welcome Larry Worley to the Roxx Records artist roster. As you know we have already worked on classic reissues of several of his projects like Love Life and Fear Not! As well as just releasing the brand new Fear Not EP entitled ‘For The Wounded Hearts’ which was released to great reviews this past year. Larry also sang on the debut solo album of Robert Sweet of Stryper entitled ‘Love Trash’, but you have not heard Larry like this before.

On November 8th we will release the debut solo album from Larry Worley & Friends entitled ‘Testify’. ‘Testify’ has been a project that Larry has had in mind and wanted to do for years and finally had the opportunity to record and complete this labor of love. Get ready to hear this amazing new release entitled ‘Testify’ as he puts his vocals and musical stylings on 10 great inspirational tunes that we all know and love. Larry takes these tunes to a whole new level and is excited to finally get to bring this album to fruition as it has been something he has envisioned working on for nearly 10 years.

They also posted the track list....which is probably what you would expect for the most part

Roxx Records (cont.) wrote:
Releasing on November 8th you can pre order the CD now and the first 50 orders will receive a free 11 x 17 Limited Edition promotional poster.

Track Listing:

1. This is Amazing Grace
2. Oh Come To The Altar
3. The Way
4. Let My Words Be Few
5. Bring The Rain
6. Lead Me To The Cross
7. Stand In Your Love
8. Redeemed
9. The More I Seek You
10. Amazing Love

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Larry Worley Worship Album?   Larry Worley Worship Album? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 9:51 am

That's pretty cool.  I may have to put that on my wish list!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Larry Worley Worship Album?   Larry Worley Worship Album? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 7:10 pm

I thought he couldn't sing anymore so they had to get a new singer for Fear Not? Like the song, nice bluesy feel.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Larry Worley Worship Album?   Larry Worley Worship Album? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 10:49 am

I don't think he can hit those high notes like he used to.

I am not sure I want another worship album.  I want to hear more before buying.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Larry Worley Worship Album?   Larry Worley Worship Album? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 2:43 pm

I'm really glad he is still recording/performing music.
Sadly this is one of my least favorite styles of music (modern worship).  I do dig the electric guitars in this, but I'm kind of with Alldat in that I will need to hear substantially more before I decide if I want to buy the album or not.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Larry Worley Worship Album?   Larry Worley Worship Album? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 5:03 am

Yeah, not my thing either. Fear Not almost got a little worshippy on the EP with one song. Wasn't a bad song but when I first heard it I could imagine it being done in a contemporary service.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Larry Worley Worship Album?   Larry Worley Worship Album? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 9:31 am

I'm wondering who the "Friends" are on this album.  Is he having other fellow 80's rockers/metal musician's singing as well, or just playing some of the other instruments?

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Larry Worley Worship Album?   Larry Worley Worship Album? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 12:57 am

Another track released from the album.  I think I'm actually liking this one more than the first one.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Larry Worley Worship Album?   Larry Worley Worship Album? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 6:11 am

I actually do like that.  His voice sounds a lot like Jon Bon Jovi's now.  I like this because there are actually instruments on the recording.  So much of CCM now is programmed with with things like bass, strings, etc.

Does anyone feel a little let down now with the new Fear Not record?  I would them rather have still used Larry even if he can't hit the high screams anymore.  I like the new guy, but they sold him because Larry couldn't sing anymore.  It sounds like he is doing just fine to me.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Larry Worley Worship Album?   Larry Worley Worship Album? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 8:19 am

That's what I keep saying, he can still sing.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Larry Worley Worship Album?   Larry Worley Worship Album? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 9:46 am

I was mainly let down for two reason by Fear Not: An EP instead of a full release and the vocals. While vocal delivery was fine this just didn't sound like Fear Not at all. I agree, even if Larry can't hit the high notes anymore just sing in a lower range. I would've been ok with that (and I was generally OK with what they gave us but I haven't played it in a while now after the new car smell wore off).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Larry Worley Worship Album?   Larry Worley Worship Album? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Larry Worley Worship Album?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: