Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classic Album Clash - Barren Cross

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Classic Album Clash - Barren Cross Empty
PostSubject: Classic Album Clash - Barren Cross   Classic Album Clash - Barren Cross I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 6:16 pm

Ok I don't know how many of you listen to podcasts, but Mike (in FLA) got me hooked on Chris Jericho's podcast (Talk is Jericho).  Truth be told I actually only listen to every 4th or 5th episode because most of them center around wrestling and wrestlers and I'm not familiar with most of them.  But Jericho is also the singer in a modern metal band "Fozzy" and is a huge of fan of classic Christian Metal.  He does frequent podcasts called "Classic album Clash" where he gets a few friends together and they compare two albums from a bands catalog song by song.  (He's done Motley Crue's "Too Fast For Love" vs "Shout at the Devil" and more recently Dio's "Holy Diver" vs "Last in Line").  This episode features the same format but with Barren Cross' "Atomic Arena" vs "State of Control".  
I haven't listened to this one yet, so the language could be a little salty here and there (just a warning).  Also don't expect anyone from the Barren Cross to speak.  This is just three friends: Chris Jericho, Richard Christy, and Howard Jones (from Killswitch Engaged?) talking about both albums.  I'm pretty certain all three were raised in Christian households, so they had a lot of exposure to the classic 80's Christian metal bands.  
Just thought a few of you here might be interested.

https://omny.fm/shows/talk-is-jericho/classic-album-clash-barren-cross-the-greatest-band#sharing

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album Clash - Barren Cross   Classic Album Clash - Barren Cross I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 8:22 am

I'll definitely listen to this...my vote goes to Atomic Arena. State of Control is good, but they polished a little too much of the edge off of it IMO.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album Clash - Barren Cross   Classic Album Clash - Barren Cross I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 9:09 am

Fun listen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic Album Clash - Barren Cross   Classic Album Clash - Barren Cross I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic Album Clash - Barren Cross
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: