Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stryper - New album

Go down 
+7
oldschooldoom
rockerVu2
MikeInFla
Black Rider
alldatndensum
Staybrite
Fundy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

Stryper - New album Empty
PostSubject: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 12:51 pm

From CMR

Stryper front-man Michael Sweet was recently interviewed by Metal Mike for the 80’s Glam Metalcast podcast.
The Christian rockers have been on a resurgence in the last seven years or so with some of their best albums released in that time-span including No More Hell To Pay, Fallen and God grrrrrr Evil.

In terms of Stryper‘s next studio album, Sweet indicated (as transcribed by the 80’s Glam Metalcast podcast): “It’s a great album. There’s a 11 tracks on it. I get poked fun at for saying it’s our best album, because I say that with every album. I really believe that with each album we get better. It has a really great feel to it. We have a new band-mate on the album Perry Richardson. He has brought a lot to the table in terms of the groove and the foundation, and also his bass playing and vocal harmonies. The album is going to come out in September. The first song will be released in June. I can’t wait for everyone to hear it.”

Stryper‘s second album Soldiers Under Command celebrated its 35th year anniversary earlier this month and Sweet stated the following about that record: “It’s a great one. It’s an album we had been playing out for a good year prior to recording it. So when we went in to record it, we knew what we were doing. As soon as we were done recording it we went to Japan for the first time. It was a really special time. A lot of new ground was being broken for the band.”

You can listen to the interview with Michael Sweet on the 80’s Glam Metalcast podcast below:

https://youtu.be/RMSL8JX_43s

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23430
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 3:19 pm

Looking forward to seeing what the guys will do this time.  Especially with Perry on bass.  Also hoping Oz is doing well and was able to contribute solos and vocals to the album.

MikeInFla likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 6:26 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Looking forward to seeing what the guys will do this time.  Especially with Perry on bass.  Also hoping Oz is doing well and was able to contribute solos and vocals to the album.

I haven't heard anything about Oz in a while.  I hope he has gotten better.

With that said, you will notice that Michael does most of the main solos anymore and Oz adds the harmony stuff.  You can usually tell as Michael's solos are mixed slightly left and Oz's to the right.  Michael's guitar tones are usually more thick and Oz's a tad tinny to give them a real separation when they do their harmony licks.  If Oz isn't able, then I am confident that Michael can handle all the lead work himself if need be.  I pray, though, that Oz was up to it and added some tasty double leads to this!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 6:53 pm

I was wondering about Oz too, strange there's been no updates.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3118
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2020 5:42 am

I remember reading somewhere (recently) that they played a show without Oz. But it wasn't for a bunch of shows, maybe one or two. Sure hope he is doing well.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2020 6:48 am

Good news over a new album from Stryper.

I was wondering about Oz too.
Haven't read for a long time how he's doing.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 9:45 am

Two weeks until they release a single from the new album!  Looking forward to this!

I know most weren't so keen on their last album, but I think it's stellar!  Out of the 11 tracks, I think 8 (possibly 9) are superb.  Only two I'm not that keen on are... You Don't Even Know Me, and Sea Of Thieves.  Don't regard Beautiful as excellent, but the rest are non stop brilliance.

Crank it up loud and it sounds amazing.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 3:11 pm

I liked the last album.  I just felt that the title track was intentionally controversial just for the sake of marketing.  Also, the way that they sang "Take It To The Cross" works, but it just didn't feel natural for Michael.  Plus, once you heard the whole spoof with "Chicken In The Crust", you can't un-hear that.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2020 10:31 am

I'm hoping they can beef it up like Mike's last solo album, that thing is killer.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom

oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 8:12 am

Since this thread has turned into an episode of Where's Waldo, just go to Facebookland and friend Mr Oz Fox.

Here is his latest 

Stryper - New album 1915359_352979170257_2739049_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=dbb9e7&_nc_oc=AQkZf9hPCoxfk4d1azss5Qu_rzZR4DOvXykc3AHJRaaIlyPrI3db2RBH0Sp0xPVfCQw&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1

Oz Fox June 13 at 11:46

Well Folks, today is our 6:00pm PST Live Lounge performance! We've been preparing for this. We hope you will join us as we jam out some of our favorite songs. 60 minutes will fly by fast so don't miss out on the fun!
Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 8:28 am

They've done a couple of virtual meet & greets and everyone looked to be doing well, including Oz.

MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 3:11 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:
Since this thread has turned into an episode of Where's Waldo, just go to Facebookland and friend Mr Oz Fox.

Here is his latest 

Stryper - New album 1915359_352979170257_2739049_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=dbb9e7&_nc_oc=AQkZf9hPCoxfk4d1azss5Qu_rzZR4DOvXykc3AHJRaaIlyPrI3db2RBH0Sp0xPVfCQw&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1

Oz Fox June 13 at 11:46

Well Folks, today is our 6:00pm PST Live Lounge performance! We've been preparing for this. We hope you will join us as we jam out some of our favorite songs. 60 minutes will fly by fast so don't miss out on the fun!

That's funny, I did the same thing.  He has posted a few recent videos, he sounds optimistic and looks to be working....so hopefully that's a good sign for his health issues.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 12:36 pm

Looks like Micheal has posted the new album art work and title on facebook.  Apparently they are releasing the first single next Firday (26th of June).  I'm digging both the cover and the title.  Looking forward to hearing the new song.

Stryper - New album Strype10

Fundy, MikeInFla and Through The Dark Radio like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1448
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 1:22 pm

Rockin' Headbang Wow!
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 4:19 pm

Great looking cover.  Stryper haven't disappointed in the last 3 albums, so really looking forward to this one.

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2020 4:23 pm

If the album is as great as the artwork this time, we are in for a treat!

Fundy, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 8:16 am

I'm looking forward to a new Stryper album.

Staybrite, MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
bassdude

bassdude

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2012-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2020 4:20 pm

That's some great album art!

MikeInFla and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 7:26 am

Through The Dark Radio likes this post

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 8:14 am

Fits their current sound well but has a feel of their first album, I think due to the production.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 9:25 am

Here samples of the other tracks here.

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Stryper_Even_the_Devil_Believes?id=Byvcplx33tyrre5lkx5exjlb3ey

I assume this is complete? If so why wait until Sept? Why not release it YESTERDAY?
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 9:50 am

Do Unto Others sounds incredible!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 9:54 am

Okay, so that's on my wants list.  All the songs sound great!

1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 11:05 am

Black Rider wrote:
Fits their current sound well but has a feel of their first album, I think due to the production.

I was thinking it sounded kind of like something from the first three albums, but slightly more modern.  Not bad at all.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2020 11:13 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Here samples of the other tracks here.

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Stryper_Even_the_Devil_Believes?id=Byvcplx33tyrre5lkx5exjlb3ey

I assume this is complete? If so why wait until Sept? Why not release it YESTERDAY?

It takes time to manufacture CDs and get them to retailers.  It takes time to get t-shirts printed for touring.  Plus, you want to tell as many of your fans that you can that you have a new project coming out and hopefully pick up new fans.  So, you need a few months to build excitement while taking care of the behind the scenes stuff in manufacturing.  That's basic promotion for you.

Man, I am digging the samples.  The song "Divider" sounds more aggressive than classic Stryper while others do have a familiar feel.

It is a good thing that Lifeway/Baptist Bookstore is gone.  I could see them easily banning this over the title "Middle Finger Messiah".  Michael always has liked to have controversial titles.  I will be interested to see how they spin this lyrically.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - New album   Stryper - New album I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - New album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next