Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?

Go down 
+6
rockerVu2
Black Rider
alldatndensum
Fundy
Jen5
Staybrite
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? Empty
PostSubject: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 3:40 pm

Who remembers this metal P&W project?  They've released two albums (so far).  The first was self-titled and released back in 2008.  The second album was titled "Glory & Power Part 1" and released in 2015.
From what I can tell that band has never disclosed it's band members.  The first album featured only one lead vocalist, a very talented lady.  The second album has at least 3 lead singers, at least one female and two males.  

If you've never heard them you can check out a song from each of their albums below.

And a song from their second album.

Their facebook page has been silent pretty much since not too long after their second album dropped (late 2015).  So I kind of wonder if their is going to be a third album.  Based on the level of talent I am guessing they all have main bands they are working on and that the SMP project is something they do on the side when time permits.  But I'm hoping we will see a "Glory & Power Pt 2"

If you like what you heard and don't have either album you can download both (for free) from their website.

http://www.scandinavianmetalpraise.com/musicdownloads/

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2020 5:07 pm

These guys are so uplifting. I think some of the band is from HB.
Love that they give all their music away (wish I could afford to do that) and make it all about God with none of the ego that comes with saying "I wrote this."
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 12:55 am

I LOVE this stuff.  I've listened to them loads over the years, and do hope they will do the next one.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 3:16 pm

Completely agree with you both.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 6:17 pm

I got excited when I saw this.  I just new they were going to do a new album and it was out.

It was a bright and then sad moment.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2020 8:08 pm

I remember.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2020 4:08 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I got excited when I saw this.  I just new they were going to do a new album and it was out.

It was a bright and then sad moment.

Oh man, I'm sorry.  Maybe I should have included "flashback" or something in the title. Laughing

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 7:08 am

I remember.
Back to top Go down
KellyM

KellyM

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2020 1:44 pm

I have the second release. Very, very good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lordchainrocks
Ascension

Ascension

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2011-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 10:05 am

Like them a lot. Lion Of Judea is one of my favorites and have hung out with Jason Upton the writer of that song a few times and played in in Church a few times.
If you look around there are several solid heavy worship albums out there.
 Stuff like this from the Henry Maneuver

Or Where Fire May Fall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvnFQNTPHhw&list=PL5o5O_InhOOsf-2PZ7LR_Exu17p1TrQPc&index=1
Some local guys here in Alabama Fervent Praise

Played a lot of Rick Pino stuff on Sunday mornings in Church that rocked pretty hard like  here.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2020 3:12 pm

Cool, thanks for adding those Ascension!

Superjuice

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 2:27 pm

Both are excellent releases with something for everyone.  For this, I think, the female vocals work better.  The guitar solos are unexpectantly brilliant - I put them up against any modern solos.  "You Are Mighty" is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 5:17 pm

Superjuice wrote:
Both are excellent releases with something for everyone.  For this, I think, the female vocals work better.  The guitar solos are unexpectantly brilliant - I put them up against any modern solos.  "You Are Mighty" is my favorite.

I agree about the vocals.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5330
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 1:17 am

SMP III would be great, and I'm still wanting someone to do Rock Power Praise IV!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Superjuice

Superjuice

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 2:12 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Superjuice wrote:

I agree about the vocals.
Although I think the right male vocalist could work as well. Maybe a James Labrie-type?  However, there's only one of him.
Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 4:06 pm

Love SMP!

Someone mentioned HB. I presume talent like that doesn't sit around. Anybody know if they're on to other projects? I keep looking for a place to buy their albums but no luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?   Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember Scandinavian Metal Praise?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: