Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)

Go down 
+3
Staybrite
Normaniac
kerrick
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) Empty
PostSubject: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2021 7:53 pm

I just learned about this project from a post on the CMR and am totally blown away. Really stellar stuff. It's a solo project from one guy (which is super impressive IMO) and the style is very melodic/symphonic metal with vocals that are much more sublime and mid-range than what you'd expect which really helps set Reflection Of Glory apart from the bulk of bands of this style. I haven't read the lyrics yet, but they seem very overtly and blatantly Christian from what I have heard. I bought their first album yesterday and have been loving it. They've got a second one coming out later this month which sounds amazing:

https://www.reflection-music.com/

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2021 9:38 pm

Just sent off for the three free songs!

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 1:27 am

Oh wow that sounds interesting.  Not a huge fan of the symphonic style, but this is vocally quite different.

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 7:16 am

I certainly wish him well as the lyrics are good and he seems all about sharing the Gospel and the music is solid. I am OK with his lower range since I'm baritone but not the delivery or mix of his voice. Even though he lives in GA, he sure sounds like he's got a strong Scandinavian accent. It even sounds that way on his older Christmas album.

Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 8:07 am

This sounds amazing. Love the style, love the sound. Dig the lower vocal range. Still too high for me to sing with, but then most everything is!

kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 8:28 am

topshot rhit wrote:
I certainly wish him well as the lyrics are good and he seems all about sharing the Gospel and the music is solid. I am OK with his lower range since I'm baritone but not the delivery or mix of his voice. Even though he lives in GA, he sure sounds like he's got a strong Scandinavian accent. It even sounds that way on his older Christmas album.
I noticed this too.  I wonder if he could hand off vocals to a singer with greater range? The rest of the project is solid IMO.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 3:51 pm

I'm glad y'all are digging this!

It's not just the vocals that are more refrained, but the instrumentation is also more melodic and less bombastic/dramatic than you'd typically hear from a "symphonic metal" band. I think his vocals fit the music great and I'd actually probably be less interested if he got a different singer. I think he's got a fairly unique sound that is very refreshing.

I just hope the new album will be available for a more moderate price upon release... I'd love to pre-order it but just can't justify $35 on a CD (with with or without the digital goodies)!

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2021 8:37 pm

I don't care for the vocals so much.  It's not that he's a bad singer or has a bad voice.  For me, it doesn't fit the music.

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 7:05 am

kerrick wrote:
I think his vocals fit the music great and I'd actually probably be less interested if he got a different singer.

Xid wrote:
For me, it doesn't fit the music.

Beauty is in the ear of the beholder, right? Kerrick must be so used to all those cookie monster bands that everybody sounds good. Yeah, that's it. geek Tongue

I'll give you that his vocal delivery and music combo are indeed unique. They're just too unique for me. Laughing

Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

PostSubject: Re: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 2:36 pm

Did anyone else get the free tracks (or link to them)? I've checked my spam bucket and everything, but don't see any message.
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 2:55 pm

I haven't downloaded them, but I did get the email with the link right away.

PM me your email address and I can forward you the email if you'd like. (I just wanted to get on their mailing list; I'm planning on waiting to buy the CD and get all the songs then...)
Back to top Go down
mr.electric40

mr.electric40

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2009-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 3:46 pm

I just finished a review for Heaven's Metal magazine.

It is quite good imo... Symphonic melodic and heavy... and several tracks that are quite mellow...

the vocal for the most part is alright...

Kamelot meets Theocracy is self described... pretty appropriate I think...

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

PostSubject: Re: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 4:42 pm

FWIW, I did eventually get the tracks. I'd used my work email since I check that far more often, but apparently some external links/attachments are silently filtered so I never saw them. Barry was super cool helping me out.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 7:39 pm

Nice! I just got the download yesterday for pre-ordering and have listened to it 1.5 times through so far. Smile Overall it's a very good album and really top-notch stuff, though it is a bit ballad-heavy in the middle section. I look forward to listening to it more and digging into the lyrics some too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)   Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reflection Of Glory (melodic/symphonic metal)
Page 1 of 1