Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Issues with mobile / app version of the site

Go down 
+3
BearDad
alldatndensum
topshot rhit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Issues with mobile / app version of the site Empty
PostSubject: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 3:14 pm

BearDad wrote:
... to be honest I've never been impressed with how the phone app for this forum works.

alldatndensum wrote:
I don't like the phone app version for the board.

To be clear, precisely what is meant by the "app" version of the forum on a phone?

There is this I found in our Admin area
Niceboard wrote:
In this section, you have the possibility to customize the Progressive Web App (PWA) of your forum. It is an application 100% dedicated to your forum. The user can install it directly from a browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox, without having to go through an application store.

Is that what you get if you go to the URL in chrome (on Android at least), which pulls up the mobile version of the site, then hit the "hamburger" icon in the upper right and select "Web version"? Otherwise, I don't know how to get to the PWA.

There are only options to tweak a few colors, but I can try to adjust them at least if I know what you don't like. I've never used the site from my phone before.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 5:42 pm

We are using the wrong terminology.  Mobile version should be what we are calling it.  It is the mobile version we don't like.  I just use the standard web version so that what is on my phone is the same as it would be if I use my desktop or laptop.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 7:38 pm

For me the mobile version is a mostly a white background (except the like bar I just changed) with black text. I see some of the icons along bottom edge and share and reply "buttons" are maroon. It seems pretty usable to me.

Clicking the "Web version" on the menu I mentioned above is what you must be using. It makes it look like the normal desktop site so you need to zoom to read it but all the colors and layout are "normal".

topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 7:46 pm

Ok, maybe not as usable as I thought. If you use reply box on the bottom it is white text so you can't see what you are typing. Oops! The reply button will at least make the text a very light gray so you can barely see it.

topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 7:52 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Ok, maybe not as usable as I thought. If you use reply box on the bottom it is white text so you can't see what you are typing. Oops! The reply button will at least make the text a very light gray so you can barely see it.

I am utterly amazed that that came out correctly with no typos! geek So you can read the forum fine but not type unless you have great eyes (use the buttons!).

If anyone wants to use the mobile version I'll see if I can fix that so you can see what you're typing. Let me know!

BearDad likes this post

Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 9:23 pm

This is me letting you know. 😉

Staybrite and kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 12:39 am

BearDad wrote:

Can't promise anything but I'll see if I can figure out what CSS to change and then whether what I have access to change will do anything for mobile.

Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 2:27 am

I hardly ever use it on my phone.  I only check the forum on my computer, or sometimes our old tablet.  On the few occasions I use me phone, I click on the standard web version.

Smile

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 12:08 pm

Fundy wrote:
I hardly ever use it on my phone.  I only check the forum on my computer, or sometimes our old tablet.  On the few occasions I use me phone, I click on the standard web version.

Smile

Same here.  I use a desktop for work (and for work at home).  So I always check the site from that computer.  The occasional times I check/post on my phone (which is very seldom) I always switch it to the standard web version.

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 4:43 pm

I do very little internet browsing on my phone.  I use my big boy monitor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 6:20 pm

BearDad wrote:

Let me know how it is now. I am replying via mobile. Text is now black in all areas you can type I think. Hopefully it doesn't mess up anything with the non-mobile CSS though that seems to work as well.

Also, I note there is a "Dark Mode" on the menu that seemed to not have the hard to see text when typing so you can try that as well.

topshot rhit likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 6:25 pm

Cool, I can like my own post. geek What a Face

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 7:22 pm

topshot rhit wrote:

I was wondering why you did that.  lol!

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 7:24 pm

Gotta build up the self esteem somehow!

Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 12:28 am

Hey! I can see the text in the reply box. COOL! 😎

And I can see it when editing as well. Much better.

topshot rhit and Hardkore like this post

Back to top Go down
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 3:21 pm

BearDad wrote:
Hey! I can see the text in the reply box. COOL! 😎

And I can see it when editing as well. Much better.

Wow, that was the main reason I didn’t like the mobile version, I couldn’t see what I was typing. I had to change over to the web version to reply to anything.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 3:26 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Wow, that was the main reason I didn’t like the mobile version, I couldn’t see what I was typing. I had to change over to the web version to reply to anything.

Dark Mode would also have worked and still does.
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 3:00 am

topshot rhit wrote:
I disliked it, to bring back the equilibrium

Razz

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2560
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 12:12 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Hardkore wrote:

Dark Mode would also have worked and still does.

Dark mode ? Never heard about that.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 1:42 pm

Hardkore wrote:
Dark mode ? Never heard about that.

It's directly under "web version"
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 2:09 pm

Nooo don't go to the Dark Side Mode!

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 6:16 am

I don’t think the dark mode is so bad, though I personally would not have chosen red as the accent color. Nothing so bright; some shade of light grey in keeping with the “dark” theme.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 8:16 am

BearDad wrote:
I don’t think the dark mode is so bad, though I personally would not have chosen red as the accent color. Nothing so bright; some shade of light grey in keeping with the “dark” theme.

It's the same background color for both Modes. I don't think light gray would be easy to read on Dark. I did make it a couple shades darker red though. If I made it real dark red it was also hard to read the button.

BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 9:17 pm

What happened to thebCSS? Everything reverted and now I can’t see anything g as I type except red lines where there is an error, though I can’t see the error. 😏
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 9:30 pm

Still looks the same on my phone. No error either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobile / app version of the site   Issues with mobile / app version of the site I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Issues with mobile / app version of the site
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: Warped Drive - General Discussion-
Jump to: