Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Netflix Suggestions

Go down 
+5
kerrick
Normaniac
MikeInFla
Staybrite
alldatndensum
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Netflix Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 5:46 pm

I am looking for suggestions for stuff to watch on Netflix.  We like comedies, sci-fi, some fantasy, a little horror, etc.  But, what we are having issues with is finding stuff that is clean.  I don't need a lot of nekkid scenes or over the top gore, but it is getting harder to find that on here.

Here are some of the shows we've watched and liked without all that:

Virgin River
Sweet Magnolias
Lost In Space
Fuller House
Alexa & Katie
Mr. Iglesias
Away
No Good Nick
The Expanding Universe of Ashley Garcia
The Big Show

Sadly, if it is clean and we like it, then it gets cancelled.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 5:48 pm

I don't like the language but can live with it, but we are enjoying Cobra Kai as well.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 am

My wife is making me watch "The Good Place".  I think we watched the first two seasons and quit when it was on television.

I've only seen a few episodes but I kind of like "The Unicorn"...sitcom about a widowed dad.
Did you watch "Frequency", cop procedural but with a twist?  An young detective found a way to talk to her father who is also a detective and is 20 years in the past.  They work together to stop a serial killer.

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 7:37 am

Longmire. Good series. Was on AMC for 3 seasons then picked up by Netflix. Kind of like Law & Order meets modern cowboys.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 8:36 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I don't like the language but can live with it, but we are enjoying Cobra Kai as well.
I binge-watched season three in a day.   cheers
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 9:02 am

Normaniac wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:
I binge-watched season three in a day.   cheers

We are almost halfway thru season two.

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 12:36 pm

My folks watched Longmire for a few seasons and I watched a handful of episodes too. It seemed to start out pretty decently but then tried to get "dark and gritty" and lost a lot of its charm IMO.
Back to top Go down
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 12:48 pm

I've just about given up on Netflix; everything is TV-MA or R. If I have to avert my eyes or press fast-forward for some scenes then I'd just as soon no watch the show/movie. I'm not judging others who do, just saying I don't care to. 

That said, I think Outside the Wire looks good. Yeah, I know ... it's rated R, but I suspect that is for language and violence. Still a good reason to avoid watching, but I'll likely watch it anyway.

I also think Penguin Bloom looks good, though I suspect I'll have to turn in my man card to do so; it looks like a tear-jerker.

Though Amazon Prime Video doesn't offer much better for movies and series, they at least have "channels," including IMDB.tv (free, with ads) and BritBox (about $7/mo extra; I love those British cop and mystery shows.).
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 3:21 pm

The Good Cop is supposed to be good (made by the same people who did Monk) but I haven't seen it yet.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 7:07 pm

And all ^^^ is why I chose to stick with just their hard copy plan even though it cost more I think. There are hardly any decent movies on streaming plan, and I have no interest in getting sucked in to watching series. I'm impressed you all have so much free time to waste.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 7:43 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
And all ^^^ is why I chose to stick with just their hard copy plan even though it cost more I think. There are hardly any decent movies on streaming plan, and I have no interest in getting sucked in to watching series. I'm impressed you all have so much free time to waste.

That didn't sound judgmental at all.  Laughing

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 1:55 pm

We just strated with the 4th season of The Crown.
Still 3 to go and then it's time for a new Netflix serie.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 2:15 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
We just strated with the 4th season of The Crown.
Still 3 to go and then it's time for a new Netflix serie.

My wife got me watching that.  I was surprised by how much I have enjoyed it.  It is a great series.

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 6:13 am

Have you watched Designated Survivor? It’s fairly decent.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 6:44 am

BearDad wrote:
Have you watched Designated Survivor? It’s fairly decent.

I have not.  I will add it to the queue. 

I am looking for shows that are TV-14 that aren't children's shows.  You can have an adult cast and still make a show that is decent.  I am adding a lot of stuff even if it isn't quite my cup of tea so Netflix will see that we do want more clean content.

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 1:09 pm

Designated Survivor was good but I lost interest in season 3. It was too much like Jack Bauer to me, at least in that season. First 2 seasons are really good.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 2:08 pm

I remember watching the first season of Designated Survivor with the wife but probably half way through the second season we both lost interest.  I was never a big fan of 24 (but she was)....still it couldn't seem to hold her interest.

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 9:15 pm

Staybrite wrote:
I remember watching the first season of Designated Survivor with the wife but probably half way through the second season we both lost interest.  I was never a big fan of 24 (but she was)....still it couldn't seem to hold her interest.

I gave up on it tonight. S3E1 was full of swearing and nudity. I don’t need that trash.

Staybrite and kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 10:26 pm

BearDad wrote:
I gave up on it tonight. S3E1 was full of swearing and nudity. I don’t need that trash.

This is why we dumped our Netflix subscription.  We aren't going to support them making trash shows.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 10:12 am

Xid wrote:
BearDad wrote:

This is why we dumped our Netflix subscription.  We aren't going to support them making trash shows.

I understand and respect that. However, if I took that stance — to refuse any type of apparent support for those I disagree with — I’d have to live as a hermit subsisting on whatever I can grow and hunt. 😏
Back to top Go down
BearDad

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 10:16 am

Right now I’m kinda hooked on Virgin River. Not a very “manly” show 😏, but good none the less.
Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 11:41 am

BearDad wrote:
Xid wrote:
BearDad wrote:

I understand and respect that. However, if I took that stance — to refuse any type of apparent support for those I disagree with — I’d have to live as a hermit subsisting on whatever I can grow and hunt. 😏
It has nothing to do with agree or disagree and everything to do with I paid them money and they took that money and and created shows that are vulgar.  It's one thing to be a media outlet and have vulgar shows in the catalog, I can just choose not to watch them.  It's quite different to be the media outlet that actually creates the vulgar shows as my subscription helps fund those shows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 12:02 pm

BearDad wrote:
Right  now I’m kinda hooked on Virgin River. Not a very “manly” show 😏, but good none the less.

Oh, I think the men in the show have their moments.  But, it is meant to be a romance story, so it does appeal to the ladies more.

I want to know more about Doc's wife.  I think she shows signs of mental breakdown at times.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 3:35 pm

BearDad wrote:
I’d have to live as a hermit subsisting on whatever I can grow and hunt.

You say that like it's a bad thing. scratch

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 5:49 pm

Xid wrote:
BearDad wrote:
Xid wrote:
BearDad wrote:

It has nothing to do with agree or disagree and everything to do with I paid them money and they took that money and and created shows that are vulgar.  It's one thing to be a media outlet and have vulgar shows in the catalog, I can just choose not to watch them.  It's quite different to be the media outlet that actually creates the vulgar shows as my subscription helps fund those shows.

Unless you work off an antenna, subscribing to any service directly pays for programming.  Cable and satellite providers have to pay networks to be part of their packages.  Your monthly fees are part of the money that goes to those networks who pay to create content that often is vulgar.  You can just subscribe to PureFlix, but you won't find a lot of high quality shows and movies with that subscription. 

We all do need to be more discerning of what we set before our eyes, though.  I don't think anyone would disagree with that at all.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Suggestions   Netflix Suggestions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Netflix Suggestions
Page 1 of 1