Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New reissues coming!

Go down 
+6
Fundy
Staybrite
Black Rider
BearDad
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3120
Registration date : 2012-03-18

New reissues coming! Empty
PostSubject: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 8:44 am

https://boonesoverstock.com/

Will prob order the Rattle Your Cage cd I have never owned it. Would like to get it on vinyl but just too expensive.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 9:24 am

I like the new cover, but not enough to rebuy it solely for that.  A lot of these remasters are done from the original CD.  I can do that myself.  Many times, mine sounds as good and sometimes better than the reissues.  Without a few bonus tracks, I don't think I would get the Barren Cross.

Hasn't that Xalt record already been reissued?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
BearDad

Number of posts : 2101
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 10:13 am

I’d love to have the Rattle vinyl, but for me it is just another opportunity to spend money on something I don’t need.
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 11:02 am

It's cool for those who don't have it but I'm fine with what I have.

rockerVu2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 1:10 pm

I think I might have the original of that Xalt album on CD. 
I'm really happy I don't do vinyl or else I would constantly be wanting to buy stuff I couldn't afford.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 1:40 pm

I've slowed back on vinyl buys. Still buy them from time to time. If I had known the new AC/DC was $15 on vinyl at Walmart I would've bought it then but grabbed the CD instead. It was a one day only sale and the sticker said 34.99. No thanks. 15 yes but not 35. And I have more records now than I did in the 70's and 80's so I have plenty. 

Since I have never owned Rattle Your Cage I need to get that one, so will order the CD at some point, just not today.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 4:16 pm

The Xalt album has not been previously reissued.  If you have one, and I do, it has to be an original.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 4:26 pm

If BC had extra tracks on it, I'd definitely buy it.  But as it is, I'll have to say "no thanks."

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 4:30 am

These are interesting packages....but Trytan's Blood of Kings and Celestial Messenger re-issue should be dropping soon.  Those are more pressing for me.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23433
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 5:56 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
The Xalt album has not been previously reissued.  If you have one, and I do, it has to be an original.

Yeah I was thinking I paid somewhere in the area of $25 to $30 for it...so it must have been OOP at the time I bought it.

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 6:47 am

Honestly I have never given Xalt a good listen. So I will say I have never heard that album because I don't remember anything about it. I just remember some of the releases on Pure Metal had terrible production and that might be one that I looked over because of it. I'll go check out a tune or two and then decide if it is worth ordering that one too. 

Ok heard some samples, I will skip that one.

Went ahead and put Rattle in my cart just to check how much is was going to be. With 6.99 shipping it comes to 21.98. That is a bummer. That 6.99 shipping is a complete rip off so I may look for a used copy of Rattle or see if the mp3's are still on Amazon.

And I think they have mp3's for sale on the BC website but whenever I visit there I get a notification that the site isn't safe.
Back to top Go down
Pethead

Pethead

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2021-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2021 6:53 pm

I’ve been wanting to check out Xalt.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 9:44 am

I went ahead and pre-ordered Rattle Your Cage. But 21.98 is a bit steep for a cd! 6.99 shipping? That's probably the last CD I order with shipping that high.

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3875

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 11:33 am

MikeInFla wrote:
And I think they have mp3's for sale on the BC website but whenever I visit there I get a notification that the site isn't safe.

That is because they are not using a certificate to verify their site so it is using HTTP rather than HTTPS to communicate. Since ANYONE can get a certificate for free, that in itself isn't much guarantee of safety since you could just as well be talking "securely" via HTTPS with a bad guy.

Nevertheless, adding the download to the cart takes you to Paypal which is secure and trusted site. You might try contacting Michael Drive first to verify he or someone else is still taking care of emailing a download link.

MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 12:37 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:

That is because they are not using a certificate to verify their site so it is using HTTP rather than HTTPS to communicate. Since ANYONE can get a certificate for free, that in itself isn't much guarantee of safety since you could just as well be talking "securely" via HTTPS with a bad guy.

Nevertheless, adding the download to the cart takes you to Paypal which is secure and trusted site. You might try contacting Michael Drive first to verify he or someone else is still taking care of emailing a download link.
I went ahead and preordered the CD. If I would have bought "insurance" it would've been another 3.99. it would've been $26 for a CD and that's just too much. I understand these smaller labels need to make money and they are doing us a favor by releasing these but I don't buy the gimmick of 6.00 shipping (or Gold Discs). If a jewel case arrives cracked or broken I just swap it out with another.

Last edited by MikeInFla on Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 1:26 pm

For me the same as Black Rider, I'm happy with what I have now.
Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2021 6:20 am

Pre-ordered the BC/Xalt/D lp/cd package.
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 2:54 pm

Surprised to see Rattle Your Cage arrived in the mail today! I thought it was a few more weeks away. Packaging looks nice, lyrics and some photos. Will try to give it a spin later this weekend.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 3:47 pm

Woohoo! Mine should be here soon!
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 3:05 am

I listened to the first few tracks and this one sounds much better than the one Mike Lee remastered a few years ago. That one was way too loud. This is a better remaster. Glad to finally have it since I never had a real copy.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2021 8:20 am

Had no idea this was previously remastered. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New reissues coming!   New reissues coming! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New reissues coming!
Page 1 of 1