Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deliverance - Jimmy Brown

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen5

Jen5

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2017-08-01

Deliverance - Jimmy Brown Empty
PostSubject: Deliverance - Jimmy Brown   Deliverance - Jimmy Brown I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 3:41 am

If you've never seen Jimmy Brown in an interview, he's hilarious. If you like Deliverance and you've only got a little time, listen to the first 15 minutes of this interview where he talks about early Deliverance.

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1447
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Jimmy Brown   Deliverance - Jimmy Brown I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 9:29 am

I'm a regular supporter of his on Patreon. Great guy.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Jimmy Brown   Deliverance - Jimmy Brown I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 7:01 pm

Normaniac wrote:
I'm a regular supporter of his on Patreon.  Great guy.

I don't get Patreon.  Why would I want to give an artist money to make their art and then turn around and buy such said art?  This is even a worse idea than Kickstarter.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Jimmy Brown   Deliverance - Jimmy Brown I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 9:04 pm

I disagree Chris. The artists I know who do Patreon work their butts off to add value. That's not to say that every artist is like that. I'm sure there are many who take, take, take, but the ones I know do a great job connecting with their fans. Also, if you really like a band and want to enable their writing, it's a great way to help make that happen. I don't think it's something that I personally would do (I have a hard enough time funding my own music, lol), but I think it's great when fans can support their bands through Patreon and such.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Jimmy Brown   Deliverance - Jimmy Brown I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 7:07 am

Jen5 wrote:
I disagree Chris. The artists I know who do Patreon work their butts off to add value. That's not to say that every artist is like that. I'm sure there are many who take, take, take, but the ones I know do a great job connecting with their fans. Also, if you really like a band and want to enable their writing, it's a great way to help make that happen. I don't think it's something that I personally would do (I have a hard enough time funding my own music, lol), but I think it's great when fans can support their bands through Patreon and such.

See--that's the thing.  Artists used to use social media to "connect with fans".  Now they want to charge you.  To me, that's like me saying I would charge you to be your friend.  I am not paying for what I used to get for free.  Paying for that "connection" is nothing more, in my view, than artist welfare for people who think their content should make them a full time living but it doesn't.  I won't pay for autographs, pictures, meet-n-greets, or this either.  Maybe fans should rise up and start billing the artists for our loyalty.  

You said what I believe artists should be doing.  You said that you struggled to finance your own art.  Yet, you make that art anyway.  That is exactly how it should be done.  Are you going to pay a plumber like this?  A roofer?  Your doctor?  No.  They have found that their skills pay the bills.  If their skills don't, they find another profession.  Musicians are no different in that if the art doesn't pay the bills, you need to stand on your own two feet and get a job.

Yes, I sound like an old man.  I am fine with that. lol!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Jimmy Brown   Deliverance - Jimmy Brown I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 1:50 pm

Wow! I'm definitely seeing suspenders in your future. lol
I guess you are not the target market for Patreon, Chris. For hundreds of years people have chosen to be patrons of the arts. People who are moved by the art and who want to support it in any way they can. This is nothing new. Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Shakespeare, all had patrons. Patreon is just a different form of patronage.

Follower of Jesus and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Jimmy Brown   Deliverance - Jimmy Brown I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 7:14 pm

Jen5 wrote:
Wow! I'm definitely seeing suspenders in your future. lol
I guess you are not the target market for Patreon, Chris. For hundreds of years people have chosen to be patrons of the arts. People who are moved by the art and who want to support it in any way they can. This is nothing new. Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Shakespeare, all had patrons. Patreon is just a different form of patronage.

I am all for showing my patronage to the arts when they have art for sale that I want.  In the case of musicians, new music, the occasional shirt, and sometimes a concert ticket is how we supported them in the past.

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Jimmy Brown   Deliverance - Jimmy Brown I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 7:23 pm

"In the past."  

The music hasn't always changed, but the scene has.  Hence my supporting JPBII in this fashion.

Jen5 likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Jimmy Brown   Deliverance - Jimmy Brown I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2021 5:41 pm

Normaniac wrote:
"In the past."  

The music hasn't always changed, but the scene has.  Hence my supporting JPBII in this fashion.

True, the scene has changed, but you don't prepay any other people for their work like you do with this new model.  Other types of artists have to figure out how to monetize their art after they make it and create for the sake of creating.  They hope to make a buck and eventually a living.  Musicians are the only ones that seem like they expect fans to support them because of who they once were.  If you can't support yourself with your art, then it isn't my place to keep you up.

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Jimmy Brown   Deliverance - Jimmy Brown I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2021 8:15 pm

That's your take.  You support who you want, and I will too.  
Back to top Go down
Jen5

Jen5

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Jimmy Brown   Deliverance - Jimmy Brown I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2021 8:21 pm

You're forgetting something Chris. Whether you subscribe to Patreon is voluntary. There is no expectation. Every patron in the history of art (not just music) has been a voluntary patron. I am not a patron of the arts, but I applaud the patron-heart. I think it's awesome and generous, particularly when it's art as ministry.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Jimmy Brown   Deliverance - Jimmy Brown I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2021 12:54 am

W00T patronage!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Jimmy Brown   Deliverance - Jimmy Brown I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deliverance - Jimmy Brown
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: