Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What happened to Hoi Polloi ?

Go down 
+3
Xid
Staybrite
Raluces
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Raluces

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2021-06-08

What happened to Hoi Polloi ? Empty
PostSubject: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 11:34 am

What a cool band this was ... Some similarities with INXS (80's period) .

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 3:04 pm

I think I've heard of one or two of their songs.  Talented band, but not really my favorite style.

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 4:14 pm

I think they went all hoity toity.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Raluces

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 8:28 pm

Just out of curiosity , is this a "christian music only" forum ?
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 7:58 am

Ralices, yes, is is a "Christian music only" forum.
That why the name is: Christian hard music.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 8:18 am

Raluces wrote:
Just out of curiosity , is this a "christian music only" forum ?

Yes, it is.  While many of us do delve into other musics, we chose to keep this one as Christian only simply for the simplicity of knowing that a band or artist is representing Jesus with their art without having to ask all the time.  Lord knows that people get bent out of shape anymore if you ask if they are a Christian band even though that used to be more acceptible.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Normaniac and Raluces like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1450
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 8:21 am

Caught Hoi Polloi opening for Guardian back in either 90 or 91. Newsboys also appeared.

Staybrite and Raluces like this post

Back to top Go down
Raluces

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 9:51 am

Normaniac wrote:
Caught Hoi Polloi opening for Guardian back in either 90 or 91. Newsboys also appeared.

They came to Brazil in 1996 . There was a yearly festival here called "S.O.S. da Vida" and that year they brought them plus Whitecross , Bride and some others ...

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 6:15 pm

Raluces wrote:
Normaniac wrote:

They came to Brazil in 1996 . There was a yearly festival here called "S.O.S. da Vida" and that year they brought them plus Whitecross , Bride and some others ...

Wow, that sounds like quite the festival.  Would have loved to have been there.

Back to top Go down
Raluces

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 11:11 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Raluces wrote:
Normaniac wrote:

Wow, that sounds like quite the festival.  Would have loved to have been there.

Well , it was promoted by a Church called "Renascer" which I attended sparsely back in the 90's (late 90s) . This is a "Apostolic" Church which is now highly controversial , but back in the 90's they REEEEEEALLY helped spread out this CCM and "youth targeted" Christian music of all types . They where the only ones doing such , so I recognize their importance .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 6:41 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:

That's actually a big positive about this forum, and is why I signed back up here.

Christian Metal Realm has Christian in their name too, but since they do have a section for secular music they used to get a lot of non-Christians that posted there (I don't think that happens as much as it used too..Kerrick started laying the law down when he took the reins years ago..lol).
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2021 12:48 pm

Welcome back Bought4Life, it's good to see you back on CHM.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2021 2:03 pm

Bought4life wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:

That's actually a big positive about this forum, and is why I signed back up here.

Christian Metal Realm has Christian in their name too, but since they do have a section for secular music they used to get a lot of non-Christians that posted there (I don't think that happens as much as it used too..Kerrick started laying the law down when he took the reins years ago..lol).

Haha well I don't know how much I did to help with that but thanks anyways!  Very Happy  Most of the non-Christians we have/had on CMR are folks who once considered themselves to be believers but are no more.  There's some nostalgia factor that brings them there to discuss the bands the used to love... or preach about flat earth lol.  Christian or not, the troublemakers get booted though - as was the case with our friend Raluces some time ago [repeatedly under different names and multiple reasons, as Chris mentioned].

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2021 4:09 pm

rockerVu2 wrote:
Welcome back Bought4Life, it's good to see you back on CHM.

Thank you, it's good to be back
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2021 4:16 pm

kerrick wrote:
Bought4life wrote:
rockerVu2 wrote:

Haha well I don't know how much I did to help with that but thanks anyways!  

Well, you are welcome, and don't be so modest (though that is Biblically how your supposed to be..lol)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to Hoi Polloi ?   What happened to Hoi Polloi ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happened to Hoi Polloi ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: