Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Limberlost EP coming soon!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

New Limberlost EP coming soon! Empty
PostSubject: New Limberlost EP coming soon!   New Limberlost EP coming soon! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 10:37 am

Staybrite was the one who told me about a female fronted rock band called Limberlost a few years ago.  The last chatter we had about them was about a new song and video they did way back in 2018.

Well, they have made an announcement that a second EP will be available very soon.  Here's the announcement from the Limberlost Music FB page:

If you are expecting hard and heavy, this ain't it.  But, this does remind me of 70's Heart quite a bit.  The samples from the album seem a little lighter than many of our normal fare, but there is something about this that makes me want to hear more.

You can sample all the tracks and pre-order from this page if you are inclined to do so:

Limberlost

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: New Limberlost EP coming soon!   New Limberlost EP coming soon! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 10:52 am

Sounds interesting. Always up for some new tunes!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New Limberlost EP coming soon!   New Limberlost EP coming soon! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 11:59 am

You can hear in full one of the songs that will be on the album here: https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/t8452-limberlost-see-what-you-want-video?highlight=limberlost

This doesn't seem to be what the EP will sound like as a whole.  Like I said, this is more like 70s Heart where there will be some rockin' and some mellow moments as well.  I like it because the ladies have strong voices, the message is also powerful, and they are making music they seem to love and have great passion for.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New Limberlost EP coming soon!   New Limberlost EP coming soon! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2021 4:40 pm

Sounds like Miranda Lambert singing with Heart style music. Not too bad.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Limberlost EP coming soon!   New Limberlost EP coming soon! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 11:34 am

Thanks for posting this Alldat.  With everything going on with my father I had kind of forgotten about this.

The band doesn't have an massively forward Christian message on some of their music, but most (if not all) of the band members are Christian's who also play in their local church praise bands (I think it's at least two different churches).
I follow the drummer pretty closely on facebook, and he posted that they got a coveted "main stage" slot for the state fair this year (in September).  It isn't a huge stadium, but several big name acts have played there. My wife saw Night Ranger play there back during their first tour and we also watched Weird Al, Toad the Wet Sprocket, and Bill Cosby perform on that stage as well.  This year Steve Miller, Carrie Underwood, Gabriel Iglesias, Ice Cube, Toby Mac, Styx & Reo Speedwagon are all performing (my guess is Limberlost will open for one of the rock acts).
Mike (the drummer) told me once that they are more of a "Singles" vs and "Album Band".  They usually record a new song every 2 to 4 months.  For some reason covid inspired them last year and I think they recorded 4 or 5 songs in 2021.

Here are two of the tracks from the new EP.

Here is yours truly with Mike and Krystal from a few years back.

New Limberlost EP coming soon! Img_2035

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: New Limberlost EP coming soon!   New Limberlost EP coming soon! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 4:47 pm

Where will those shows be at Staybrite? If it's in Washington I hope we stay open for them.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: New Limberlost EP coming soon!   New Limberlost EP coming soon! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 7:33 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Where will those shows be at Staybrite? If it's in Washington I hope we stay open for them.

Yes, they are at the State Fairgrounds in Puyallup WA (unfortunately on the other side of the state from you).
I'm guessing since the fair is already selling tickets they will likely hold the shows, but the guvenator could require everyone in attendance to wear masks.

PostSubject: Re: New Limberlost EP coming soon!   New Limberlost EP coming soon! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Limberlost EP coming soon!
Page 1 of 1