Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) Empty
PostSubject: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 4:51 pm

I've been meaning to buy their CD for some time and finally pulled the trigger this Bandcamp Friday and am glad I did! Midnight Worship plays a moody/gothic and somewhat proggy style of rock/metal with biblical lyrics. It's contemplative and fairly calming music - great for late nights and grey days. Smile

https://midnightworship.bandcamp.com/album/midnight-worship

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 5:07 pm

Listening to the track "Midnight" right now and really dig what they are doing musically.  Not too sure about the vocals yet though.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 5:23 pm

There wasn't really anything to this that caught my attention.  I am gonna pass on this.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Listening to the track "Midnight" right now and really dig what they are doing musically.  Not too sure about the vocals yet though.

I think the vocals are fine, though possibly mixed a bit too up-front?  I'm really enjoying this album a lot (and my wife likes it too!) though there is something about the mix that could be improved upon I think.

alldatndensum wrote:
There wasn't really anything to this that caught my attention.  I am gonna pass on this.

To be expected.  Wink   Our musical tastes Venn Diagram has very little overlap hahahaha.

---------------------------------------------

These guys are also in a couple other bands including Sombre Holiday - which I haven't really checked out much yet - but they have quite a fairly large discography.
https://sombreholiday.bandcamp.com/
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 2:31 pm

kerrick wrote:

alldatndensum wrote:

To be expected.  Wink   Our musical tastes Venn Diagram has very little overlap hahahaha.

Such a nerdy engineer thing to say... I love it!  cheers

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 6:27 pm

Hehehehehe. geek
Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 6:54 pm

Bet they like Sombre Holiday.

kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2021 8:00 pm

Black Rider wrote:
Bet they like Sombre Holiday.

"They" as in the band? I hope so because it's the same guys! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Black Rider

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2021 7:14 pm

That explains why it sounds so similar.

kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down
ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 5:11 pm

kerrick wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

I think the vocals are fine, though possibly mixed a bit too up-front?  I'm really enjoying this album a lot (and my wife likes it too!) though there is something about the mix that could be improved upon I think.

alldatndensum wrote:

---------------------------------------------

These guys are also in a couple other bands including Sombre Holiday - which I haven't really checked out much yet - but they have quite a fairly large discography.
https://sombreholiday.bandcamp.com/

Agreed...the atmospheric style would be better with vocals down in the mix. I think a lower vocal register would be good too, but I'm biased.

I find the Venn comment amusing, because you've both pointed me to stuff I find interesting!

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2021 4:16 pm

Black Rider wrote:
That explains why it sounds so similar.

What do you think of Sombre Holiday? I've only sampled a few bits but from what I've heard, I like! Maybe then next Bandcamp Friday I'll snag their discography... Smile

ChristTrekker wrote:
I find the Venn comment amusing, because you've both pointed me to stuff I find interesting!

Haha right on!
Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 11:45 am

New album released today!
https://midnightworship.bandcamp.com/album/the-darkness

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)   Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Midnight Worship (gothic/prog rock/metal)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: