Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christian equivalent to....

Go down 
+6
silentthunder89
mediaaddict
topshot rhit
ChristTrekker
Staybrite
alldatndensum
10 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Christian equivalent to.... Empty
PostSubject: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2022 9:05 am

Is there anyone you can think of in Christian rock that sounds akin to Joan Jett?  I realize she isn't the greatest guitarist or songwriter, but she always sings with spunk and conviction even if she isn't living a godly life.  I absolutely love her music and find myself drawn to her style more and more.

Is there anyone with a similar style that sounds like her?  It doesn't have to be a woman singer--I just want that brazen rock sound with equal passion but for Christ.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2022 11:07 am

Well you already have all her music but the first person that comes to mind is Wendy Kaiser.  Usually a spunky (almost punk) delivery in her vocals.  So that doesn't help you come up with new music...but I did answer your question.  Wink  Nancy Jo Mann had a very spunky aggressive vocal delivery as well (while still being accessible), but again, an artist you are well familiar with.

CWC Power and Light Company (I think they might just be Power & Light Company now) or even Harvestbloom comes to mind as well.  Both bands have a few albums/Eps worth of music out there.

Guilty/Forgiven likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2022 11:47 am

I had forgotten about HarvestBloom.  I have two of their EPs and will check out the rest of their material.

Power & Light Co. only seem to have their songs on Reverbnation.  Fortunately, they are free downloads.  I have them all started now.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2022 11:55 am

HarvestBloom is more akin to bands like The Letter Black and Fireflight.  While that isn't a bad thing, I want more of an old school sound.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23434
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2022 2:59 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
HarvestBloom is more akin to bands like The Letter Black and Fireflight.  While that isn't a bad thing, I want more of an old school sound.

Yeah definitely more of a modern sounding band.

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2022 12:18 pm

Staybrite wrote:
CWC Power and Light Company (I think they might just be Power & Light Company now) or even Harvestbloom comes to mind as well.  Both bands have a few albums/Eps worth of music out there.

Hadn't heard of either of these. Thanks for the pointer!

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2022 4:15 pm

Beyond 12 (only 1 album I know of)

ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2017-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2022 3:53 pm

topshot rhit wrote:
Beyond 12 (only 1 album I know of)

Wow, that sounds like I stepped into an 80s concert!
Back to top Go down
mediaaddict

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 6:00 pm

Anyone know of any Christian bands that sound like the German Power Metal band Powerwolf? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2022 7:45 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Is there anyone you can think of in Christian rock that sounds akin to Joan Jett?  I realize she isn't the greatest guitarist or songwriter, but she always sings with spunk and conviction even if she isn't living a godly life.  I absolutely love her music and find myself drawn to her style more and more.

Is there anyone with a similar style that sounds like her?  It doesn't have to be a woman singer--I just want that brazen rock sound with equal passion but for Christ.

I've always liked Ashley Cleveland's older stuff. I wouldn't call it "spunky", but I've always enjoyed a powerful raspy female lead vox. Some others that come to mind are The Benjamin Gate (kinda grungy), Children 18:3 (brother/sister co-vocalists) which has more of a punk feel, Veridia, Zahna, and Lacey Sturm. I can't really think of many that are super close to her unique voice though.
Back to top Go down
Cuseral

Cuseral

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2024-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2024 2:29 am

Barnabas is a great band as far as female vocals goes , but I don´t know if the music has some real resemblance to Joan Jett ...
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2024 1:50 pm

Cuseral wrote:
Barnabas is a great band as far as female vocals goes , but I don´t know if the music has some real resemblance to Joan Jett ...

I have the Barnabas albums.  They don't have anything musically like Joan Jett.

Vocally, there isn't much.  Musically, there are quite a bit of similarities in Rosanna's Raiders and Joan.  Rosanna Palmer's voice, however, isn't similar to Joan's at all.

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2024 3:38 pm

If you've got a few days free...

She uploads rare christian rock bands, and most of them have female vocalists.

Smile

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2024 9:08 pm

Quote :
She uploads rare christian rock bands

They're not all Christian though are they? I like some of them but don't see anything pertaining to faith

Fundy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5331
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2024 3:04 am

No, some of them aren't, but lots of them seem to be.  I was amazed at how many she's uploaded over the years.  Many of the bands she uploads I've never even heard of!  She often uploads the linear notes, and many of the bands thank God or have Christian leaning lyrics.

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2024 11:03 am

She's got a lot of early releases and demos:

Andy Lyon, who was supposed to sing on Angelica's S/T.
Global Warning's first EP/Demo
Paragon
Judah (my old band)
Arsenal's demo

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian equivalent to....   Christian equivalent to.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian equivalent to....
Page 1 of 1