Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)

Go down 
+6
Xid
alldatndensum
kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Black Rider
Staybrite
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) Empty
PostSubject: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 2:57 pm

Looks like Michael has joined another "super-group" by the name of "Iconic" they have an albums worth of material that Sweet was involved in writing.  Sounds like they are expecting to release some videos in the near future.  Strangely enough I don't think Michael will be the lead singer on this one.  Here's who is in the group (guessing it will be a more "secular" project).

Michael Sweet guitars (and I'm guessing some background vocals at least)
Nathan James vocals (from Inglorious, TSO)
Joel Hoekstra guitars (Night Ranger, Whitesnake, Joel Hoekstra's 13)
Marco Mendoza bass (Blue Murder, John Sykes, Black Star Riders, The Dead Daisies, etc., etc.)
Tommy Aldridge drums (Black Oak Arkansas, Pat Travers, Gary Moore, Ozzy, MARS, Whitesnake)

So all rather well seasoned veterans (except the young upstart from Great Britain, Nathan James).  I'm interested to see how this sounds, and if the band sticks it out for more than one album.

Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) Iconic10

Last edited by Staybrite on Fri May 20, 2022 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Oldiesmann and MikeInFla like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 3:01 pm

And not to rag on Mike's new band before they truly get started but their is another American band (cover band from Florida) already using the less than stellar name of "Iconic".  From what I can see (just looking at their web presence the original Iconic has been around since at least 2017.

https://www.thebash.com/cover-band/iconic-the-band

Black Rider

Number of posts : 1566
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2022 6:09 pm

Quite the lineup, I'll be checking it out.

Normaniac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Through The Dark Radio

Through The Dark Radio

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 2:06 pm

What, Dale Thompson isn't in this band as well????

alldatndensum, Staybrite, Black Rider, MikeInFla, kerrick and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
kerrick

kerrick

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 2:12 pm

lol!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 2:32 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
What, Dale Thompson isn't in this band as well????

lol!  I was just surprised that Michael wasn't going to be the lead singer.

I will say this, in the last two years every time I hear about a melodic metal release coming out from a newer "Christian" band I cringe for just a second and hope it isn't Dale singing for yet another band... more than half the time it seems to be him.

alldatndensum, kerrick, ChristTrekker and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 8:07 am

I think this band could be something to check out.

If Mike isn't writing the lyrics, though, I wouldn't count on it being Christian in any form or fashion.  I would hope his influence would at least keep it clean.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2022 3:41 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I think this band could be something to check out.

If Mike isn't writing the lyrics, though, I wouldn't count on it being Christian in any form or fashion.  I would hope his influence would at least keep it clean.

According to Sweet himself he "co-wrote" on the album with the main Frontiers Records songwriter and two of the other band members.

From Band's Facebook post wrote:
I co-wrote the album with Joel Hoekstra, Alessandro Del Vecchio, and Nathan James, and if you like Whitesnake “1987”, you’re gonna love this. Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) 1f609 Of course the incomparable Tommy Aldridge is drumming and Marco Mendoza is playing bass.
I’m very blessed to be a part of it and to be able to work with the best of the best.
When I return, I sing the new Stryper album! It’s sounding absolutely stellar! Our best yet!! I’m very grateful for all that I’m allowed to do and never ever take it for grantedMichael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) 1f64f"
- Michael Sweet

Black Rider and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Michael Sweet - Iconic   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 9:21 am

First single from the band.  It looks like Michael does quite a bit of singing on this track but Nathan's vocals are pushed forward in the mix.  I didn't notice anything offensive in the lyrics (but I wasn't listening too hard).  At first listen I kind of dig it, but this is pretty much my favorite style of music.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 12:17 pm

That's a pretty kickin' song.  The main riff reminds me of something that I just can't put my finger on.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 4:29 pm

I really like it!

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 11:32 am

Another new song/video from the band...this one also seems to be about running  Laughing
This time we get a shared lead vocal with Nathan and Michael.  Also a double solo with Michael and Joel.

Staybrite and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 1:50 pm

What's with the eye patch?

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 1:58 pm

topshot rhit wrote:

Michael had to have surgery for a detached retina.  He did not do well with it and have to have it redone.  During the healing process, he has had to wear an eye patch.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
MikeInFla

MikeInFla

Number of posts : 3117
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 2:31 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
topshot rhit wrote:

Michael had to have surgery for a detached retina.  He did not do well with it and have to have it redone.  During the healing process, he has had to wear an eye patch.
Interesting, I did not know this. I just thought he was going for the pirate look.
Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 8:02 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
Interesting, I did not know this. I just thought he was going for the pirate look.

+1 geek

He wasn't wearing it Tuesday so maybe he's healed or just wears it as needed now.

Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 3:37 pm

3rd song released to video.  A little slower pace (kind of a ballad) for this one.  I'm really digging this track.  I think I'm going to have to get this album.

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2022 1:04 pm

This album releases tomorrow, but for some reason you can stream the entire album right now on Youtube.  I'm not sure if they are going to leave this up for long or not.  But you can listen to all of it (try it before you buy it), if you want.

here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2nEwJLMmLk

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2023-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2023 9:12 pm

I may be a little late on this, but I was listening to this today. What a great album. There are times when it reminds me of Whitesnake, or a band Watchmen from Argentina. I really hope they put out another album

Especially this track

And this is the band Watchmen....I think they sound a lot like this

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2023 3:06 pm

Oh yeah, heavy Whitesnake influence on both Watchmen and Iconic (I'm really digging that Watchmen song).  It probably helps that Joel Hoekstra (guitar) and Tommy Aldridge (drums) have both played with David Coverdale's Whitesnake for the last decade or so.

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2023-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2023 9:53 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Oh yeah, heavy Whitesnake influence on both Watchmen and Iconic (I'm really digging that Watchmen song).  It probably helps that Joel Hoekstra (guitar) and Tommy Aldridge (drums) have both played with David Coverdale's Whitesnake for the last decade or so.

Probably doesn't hurt Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)   Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet...Another Supergroup (Iconic)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: