Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tommee Profitt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Number of posts : 1275
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Tommee Profitt Empty
PostSubject: Tommee Profitt   Tommee Profitt I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 9:44 am

Anybody else heard of this guy?? He's a Christian Producer/Composer/Songwriter that specializes in a Cinematic style like what you'd hear in an epic movie trailer. I ran across him through a Christmas album he put out a couple years ago (which was amazing, as weird as it is to say about a Christmas album). He produces all of the Christian rapper NF's music and has done hundreds of movie/tv trailers and ads. He has a whole slew of Cinematic music albums out, sometimes reimagining songs (both christian and secular) and other times original music. I think one of my favorite albums he's put out was an entire album themed around Game of Thrones called "Gloria Regali". He said he had the opportunity to write and record a song to be used in the promotion of an episode of Game of Thrones, but it ultimately didn't get used. But he had so much fun with it that he did an entire album like it. 

alldatndensum likes this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Tommee Profitt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommee Profitt   Tommee Profitt I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 3:40 pm

Oh wow, that was really cool!

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23432
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Tommee Profitt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommee Profitt   Tommee Profitt I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2022 3:51 pm

Oh wow, I really digging this as well.  He does some really cool arrangements and has some great guest singers.  I wouldn't be surprised if a number of his covers get picked up and used in modern television shows.  Some of those shows seem to love using modern covers of 80's and 90's songs re-recorded into this style.

silentthunder89

Tommee Profitt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommee Profitt   Tommee Profitt I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2022 10:52 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Oh wow, I really digging this as well.  He does some really cool arrangements and has some great guest singers.  I wouldn't be surprised if a number of his covers get picked up and used in modern television shows.  Some of those shows seem to love using modern covers of 80's and 90's songs re-recorded into this style.

I went to his Wikipedia page, and his work has been used for some pretty impressive stuff! He’s appeared in promos for Hunger Games, Prison Break, 24, and even NFL and College Football. Not to mention all the big name artists he’s worked with, both in the Christian music world and the secular.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
topshot rhit

Number of posts : 3874
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Tommee Profitt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommee Profitt   Tommee Profitt I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2022 6:34 am

Christmas sparked my interest. Would have preferred real drums over his samples, but may have to get it anyway.

silentthunder89

silentthunder89

Tommee Profitt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommee Profitt   Tommee Profitt I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2022 8:08 am

topshot rhit wrote:
Christmas sparked my interest. Would have preferred real drums over his samples, but may have to get it anyway.

Agreed. I will always prefer live instruments over drum machine, but that’s just my old-man rant about young peoples music from today. Haha! He has Avery interesting way of arranging his pieces though, which is what I like so much.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tommee Profitt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tommee Profitt   Tommee Profitt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tommee Profitt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The Melting Pot - All other forms of Christian music go here!-
Jump to: