Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Hardkore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Empty
PostSubject: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny   Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2022 4:37 am

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23462
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny   Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2022 3:12 pm

Oh wow John Rhys-Davies!  Shocked
I'd see this movie for his guest spot alone.

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2564
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny   Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 11:51 am

Oh well, my bubble got partly burst after reading something…Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny 4fd63510
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny 5ccfdc10
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23483
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny   Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 2:21 pm

If this film goes all "woke", then it deserves to fail.  I am sick of stories that focus more on pushing the agenda of today's headlines than they do on good stories.  Disney is starting to see that from their latest animated movies.  We Christians who are conservatives will need to start voting with our dollars, or lack thereof, to force them to change.  If we don't, then we are paying them to keep spreading their agendas.

Sadly, with Disney owning around 80% of Hollywood, there won't be much else left to watch.  If the company sells to Apple, then you can bet the agenda gets pushed more.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Staybrite, Hardkore and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny   Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 2:38 pm

Hmm, that doesn't sound promising at all.  If it is all woke (or even partially woke/feminist) then I will probably pass.  Gonna have to wait and read some of the reviews.

Hardkore and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
Normaniac

Normaniac

Number of posts : 1455
Registration date : 2018-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny   Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 1:30 am

Hard pass.  I think I'll stick with my old 40s films noir.  No cheesy special effects, no #WokeBot fantasies, and back then they could spin a yarn.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny   Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 8:45 pm

Normaniac wrote:
Hard pass.  I think I'll stick with my old 40s films noir.  No cheesy special effects, no #WokeBot fantasies, and back then they could spin a yarn.

I really only care about the original film and the third one.  The even numbered ones in this series were just bad.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny   Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 10:11 pm

My wife and I watched Raiders a couple of months ago.  It has been quite a while since I had last watched it and I was surprisingly underwhelmed this time around.  I haven't watched 3 in a long time and have been thinking about doing so.  2 wasn't good.  That little kid talking all the time got annoying.  4 was just all right.  5?  I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny   Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2022 10:48 am

I think the second film was mostly horrible due to the satanic cult nonsense, Kate Capshaw's less than stellar performance, and that fact that the "Short-round" character didn't age well.
I still dig the first film and the third (The Last Crusade)... I even mostly enjoyed the last entry "Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men From Mars"....(that was actually a working title).  But seriously all the films are kind of campy and ridiculous, so it seems like you have to enjoy them for what they are.  Or don't.

Fundy

Number of posts : 5340
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny   Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2022 3:50 am

PLEASE don't go woke.
PLEASE!
PLEASE!

Man, I was looking forward to this, but if it's woke, I'm going to have to give it a miss.  Why can't these people realise that going woke isn't what the majority want?!  Haven't they learnt that from Top Gun, which was just a standard brilliant film with no agenda in it at all.  It took you out of normal every day life, and made you grin from start to finish.  Imagine if Top Gun had the female pilot win everything, and show how bad white men were - that would have been awful.  Instead it was just a great story that involved men/women/black/white/young/old and it WORKED!

Please, Indiana, PLEASE!!!!!

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.

Staybrite, Hardkore and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny   Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2022 7:05 pm

Xid wrote:
My wife and I watched Raiders a couple of months ago.  It has been quite a while since I had last watched it and I was surprisingly underwhelmed this time around.  I haven't watched 3 in a long time and have been thinking about doing so.  2 wasn't good.  That little kid talking all the time got annoying.  4 was just all right.  5?  I doubt it.

You left off the non-stop screams from the lady who co-starred.  It was a bad film all around.

Xid likes this post

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5525
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny   Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2022 10:44 pm

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny   Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
Page 1 of 1