Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JLE3

JLE3

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2016-11-16

Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way Empty
PostSubject: Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way   Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 9:22 pm

An EP of Southern Rock style tunes about making it through life. Coming soon!

JACKSTRAWED.COM

Last edited by JLE3 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fundy, Xid and deathisgain like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.evansandstokes.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way   Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2023 7:27 am

Who is singing on this project?  They sound quite a bit like Paul Rodgers giving this a Bad Company vibe for sure.

After hearing this, I hope that you would wait a tad longer and do a full 10 songs.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

JLE3 likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way   Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2023 8:55 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Who is singing on this project?  They sound quite a bit like Paul Rodgers giving this a Bad Company vibe for sure.

After hearing this, I hope that you would wait a tad longer and do a full 10 songs.

Thanks! I used session vocalist Christian Erik for this project. I can explain why only an EP. For the past year I've been struggling on the creativity side of things. I was releasing a single a month for a while, but those were songs already written and sitting on the shelf. They were all recorded at different times and with different gear so they didn't fit well onto one album. So I spaced them out and released them one at a time as singles.

Then my day job took over and got super intense for months. I shut down my facebook and some other socials just to avoid the distraction and focused 100% of my time on work, because that's what it demanded.

My day job started to ease up and become more manageable, then something weird happened...

This amazing Fender American Professional Stratocaster (limited edition with an ash body and solid rosewood neck) came back into my life. I got rid of it a few years ago, instantly regretted it, but then I wound up getting it back! I think I got it back on a Thursday and by Monday I had 4 songs written. The following weekend I wrote two more instrumentals. The strat inspired all of these songs and it is the ONLY guitar I used for ALL of the Jackstrawed music. After those two weeks I couldn't seem to match the magic I had with those 6 tunes. I tried over and over but just couldn't get the right sound, vibe, etc. (I have a lot of half done stuff sitting in folders from this period).

I then enlisted Christian Erik for the vocals, lyrics, and harmonica. He knocked it out of the park. I just handed him the song titles and gave a bit of direction on what I thought the EP should be about (a mini concept album about life and death) and he ran with it.

And now today (only about a month and a half later), it's done! I figured I would throw it out there and see if it stuck. Down the road maybe Jackstrawed will do a full album of material. But for now we're starting off with a 6 song, 20 minute piece that's a simple life and death concept, with the underlying theme of being a good person. Might be a good quick listen on your work commute. Maybe just before bed? It's meant to be listened to all together.

Anyway, I'll post a release date soon. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it!

Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way 20230410

alldatndensum and Xid like this post

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way   Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2023 2:54 pm

Absolutely digging this new tune.  Great stuff!  I must have a CD!!!!!

JLE3 likes this post

Back to top Go down
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way   Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2023 4:02 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Absolutely digging this new tune.  Great stuff!  I must have a CD!!!!!

Awesome! Thanks!!!!
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way   Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2023 8:45 am

JLE3 wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

Thanks! I used session vocalist Christian Erik for this project. I can explain why only an EP. For the past year I've been struggling on the creativity side of things. I was releasing a single a month for a while, but those were songs already written and sitting on the shelf. They were all recorded at different times and with different gear so they didn't fit well onto one album. So I spaced them out and released them one at a time as singles.

Then my day job took over and got super intense for months. I shut down my facebook and some other socials just to avoid the distraction and focused 100% of my time on work, because that's what it demanded.

My day job started to ease up and become more manageable, then something weird happened...

This amazing Fender American Professional Stratocaster (limited edition with an ash body and solid rosewood neck) came back into my life. I got rid of it a few years ago, instantly regretted it, but then I wound up getting it back! I think I got it back on a Thursday and by Monday I had 4 songs written. The following weekend I wrote two more instrumentals. The strat inspired all of these songs and it is the ONLY guitar I used for ALL of the Jackstrawed music. After those two weeks I couldn't seem to match the magic I had with those 6 tunes. I tried over and over but just couldn't get the right sound, vibe, etc. (I have a lot of half done stuff sitting in folders from this period).

I then enlisted Christian Erik for the vocals, lyrics, and harmonica. He knocked it out of the park. I just handed him the song titles and gave a bit of direction on what I thought the EP should be about (a mini concept album about life and death) and he ran with it.

And now today (only about a month and a half later), it's done! I figured I would throw it out there and see if it stuck. Down the road maybe Jackstrawed will do a full album of material. But for now we're starting off with a 6 song, 20 minute piece that's a simple life and death concept, with the underlying theme of being a good person. Might be a good quick listen on your work commute. Maybe just before bed? It's meant to be listened to all together.

Anyway, I'll post a release date soon. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it!

Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way 20230410

I love what you have done.  Since it is an EP, digital will be fine for me.

While you have done a great job with bass, feel free to hit me up for that.  I wouldn't mind being a part of this in the future.

What would it take to get you to do lead on a couple of songs for me, by the way?

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
JLE3

JLE3

PostSubject: Re: Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way   Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2023 1:46 pm

alldatndensum wrote:

I love what you have done.  Since it is an EP, digital will be fine for me.

While you have done a great job with bass, feel free to hit me up for that.  I wouldn't mind being a part of this in the future.

What would it take to get you to do lead on a couple of songs for me, by the way?

Thanks Chris! Regarding the leads. Always happy to help! You can email me on the side with what you're looking for (johnevansmusic@hotmail.com).
Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way   Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2023 5:39 pm

Diggin the tune. Really smooth vocalist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way   Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jackstrawed - Evil in My Way
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: