Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Supernovah - A couple of great covers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2023-08-18

Supernovah - A couple of great covers Empty
PostSubject: Supernovah - A couple of great covers   Supernovah - A couple of great covers I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 9:38 am

I was formerly bought4life on here, but I dropped off due to me getting out of Christian music for a while..and the fact that CMR (which is a forum I will not be going back to) put a bad taste in my mouth for Christian forums as whole didn't help. So..hopefully no one minds me returning here. I know I missed you all.

Anyway, I did a search here for these guys but didn't see anything.

Their YouTube page only has a handful of videos, all from 2 years ago, but two grabbed my attention.

The one is a cover of Whitecross' "No Second Chances". Man, dude nails Scott Wentzel. Whitecross should have done a "Rockstar" type move and signed him to replace Scott.

The second is a very well done cover of Stryper's In God We Trust. 

Anyone know anything more about these guys?

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Supernovah - A couple of great covers   Supernovah - A couple of great covers I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 10:00 am

Back to top Go down
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5517
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Supernovah - A couple of great covers   Supernovah - A couple of great covers I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 11:26 am

They did a great job!

AtomicFan likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Supernovah - A couple of great covers   Supernovah - A couple of great covers I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 1:13 pm

They did great with all three songs.  I wonder where they are from and if they are still together.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Supernovah - A couple of great covers   Supernovah - A couple of great covers I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 2:21 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
They did great with all three songs.  I wonder where they are from and if they are still together.

They have a Facebook page and they are from Brazil. It looks like their last post was Dec 2022.

They have a lot of posts showing newer YouTube videos, but they all come up as Private. So YouTube must have blocked them for copyright infringement.

I didn't think there was any issues doing cover songs on YT, everyone does them. Apparently, I was wrong?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Supernovah - A couple of great covers   Supernovah - A couple of great covers I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 4:09 pm

AtomicFan wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

They have a Facebook page and they are from Brazil. It looks like their last post was Dec 2022.

They have a lot of posts showing newer YouTube videos, but they all come up as Private. So YouTube must have blocked them for copyright infringement.

I didn't think there was any issues doing cover songs on YT, everyone does them. Apparently, I was wrong?

That may all depend on whether they A) tried to monetize their video and B) did so without first getting a mechanical license.  You can get one one of those so that you can cover a song without the artist's permission.  It will, however, give them payment every time your video is played of their song.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Supernovah - A couple of great covers   Supernovah - A couple of great covers I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 5:33 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
AtomicFan wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

That may all depend on whether they A) tried to monetize their video and B) did so without first getting a mechanical license.  You can get one one of those so that you can cover a song without the artist's permission.  It will, however, give them payment every time your video is played of their song.

OK, that makes sense. Mechanical license must be easy to get because I see a TON of covers on the Tube
Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Supernovah - A couple of great covers   Supernovah - A couple of great covers I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 9:45 pm

I found another YT page, the lead singer's page. Ronaldo Costa. Anyway..another cover that they nail. So apparently they had a different lead singer 3 years ago that seems to have only sung in Spanish/Brazilian....Costa is a HUGE upgrade over him

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Supernovah - A couple of great covers   Supernovah - A couple of great covers I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 9:48 pm

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Supernovah - A couple of great covers   Supernovah - A couple of great covers I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 9:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Supernovah - A couple of great covers   Supernovah - A couple of great covers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 3:56 pm

Great to have you back B4L (or I guess now I should say AF)!  I gotta check out these videos.

Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Supernovah - A couple of great covers   Supernovah - A couple of great covers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 5:51 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Great to have you back B4L (or I guess now I should say AF)!  I gotta check out these videos.

Thank you sir, it is nice to be back Smile

And yeah, I think you'll like him. Dude has one heckuva voice!!
Back to top Go down
AtomicFan

AtomicFan

PostSubject: Re: Supernovah - A couple of great covers   Supernovah - A couple of great covers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2023 6:16 pm

Check out his pipes in this teaser video

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supernovah - A couple of great covers   Supernovah - A couple of great covers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Supernovah - A couple of great covers
Page 1 of 1