For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 8865
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:32 am

could you send some prayer to our Father that I won't have to have surgery for a while.  The circumstance is this:  most of you know I've got a bum spine and have had 2 surgeries already.  The Xray doc told me I have other discs and such that are in bad shape too.  Anyways, I've been fine since my last lumbar surgery in May '07... until about 4 days ago.  I started waking up throughout the night with pain and numbness in my arms (moreso my right arm and hand).  It's not getting any better despite special pillows and other means of proper home spine treatment.  The pain begins in my lower neck, upper middle back and is all too familiar.

I said all that to say this... I'm in between Cobra insurance and my new Union insurance which will take at least a couple months, therefore I don't want to be in a position of excrutiating pain (as in the past) during this transition.  I'm trusting God as always and know He will take care of His child, but I want us to agree together as His children that I stay stable for a while.

Thank you guys for listening and praying, I appreciate you.

Last edited by Guilty/Forgiven on Wed May 21, 2014 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18063
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Very sad to hear about this brother. Seems like you just had surgery. Sad

Praying that God will alleviate your pain brother, and make it so you do not have an serious medical expenses (at least until your insurance kicks in). I have faith that our Lord will see you through this.

Number of posts : 14568
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:48 pm

We always listen when one of us has something to share.
We always will pray when one of need our prayers.
Back to top Go down
LateFortheParty

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:06 pm

I will be praying about this....I have a history with the back too, but have always avoided surgery....but, I do know how painful it is and how it messes with your mind.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:00 pm

Muchas gracias compadres. I don't want to worry about it cuz I know God's got my back (get it? Smile )... I'm just not looking forward to more pain, or being out of work for any length of time.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin

Number of posts : 17978
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:58 am

I'll pray with you, bro. Any kind of prolonged pain can really drag you down mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Since everything your body does is supported by your back, I imagine that you feel pretty bad all over.

You have a good attitude about this, though. The Lord does "have your back". He will bring you through this whether healing comes supernaturally or through surgery in due time.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:49 am

I appreciate you guys and praise God for our friendships in Christ. God IS good and will get all the glory despite the outcome. (I just hate pain Crying or Very sad )
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   Wed May 21, 2014 12:09 pm

Old posts above ^^^^^^ 2008

New post below _______ 2014
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   Wed May 21, 2014 12:11 pm

I was reading these old posts and realized the prayers all of you sent up for my impending surgery CLEAR back in 2008 was postponed SIX YEARS !!!

Time goes by fast ! Though this was more about my cervical spine than my lumbar area, my next surgery was put off for 6 years, which is so awesome !

My neck still has a small herniation that causes numbness and tingling in my hands/arms... but even after 6 years, it's still about the same - no worse, no better. This is good cuz it means no surgery in my neck area. Even though I had a 3rd lumbar surgery couple months ago, I've still dodged the cervical surgery.

Thanks for those prayers !
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Number of posts : 18063
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   Wed May 21, 2014 1:05 pm

Here's praying you get another 60 years without needing any cervical spine surgery!

Number of posts : 2856
Registration date : 2013-09-17

PostSubject: Re: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   Wed May 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Yeah, a friend of ours from church had his neck worked on recently.  So he'll join you in setting off metal detectors at airports Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xid

Number of posts : 3135
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   Wed May 21, 2014 3:02 pm

Woot!
Back to top Go down
http://www.derekclose.com
xenonlion

Number of posts : 1689
Registration date : 2013-08-19

PostSubject: Re: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   Sat May 31, 2014 3:36 pm

Church was hard for me today. I think that the whole summer will be difficult for me. Leaving Adventism is one the hardest things I've ever experienced. I am more afraid and confused than I was earlier because of church today. I don't want to go to hell or get the mark of the beast. Sad I think how I feel now will affect how I am in the future. I still have years to go before I actually leave home...

I thank God for Colleen and Kerrick.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

PostSubject: Re: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   Sat May 31, 2014 8:34 pm

I don't have the opportunity to write a lot right now as Bible study peeps are just now arriving.. though I have a lot to say about this subject as I've studied all of it in great detail and on all sides.... I just want to say one thing: A church or a denomination, or any set of rules of do's or don'ts CANNOT and NEVER WILL be the determining factor for someone's salvation. Your salvation is something GOD HOLDS in HIS HANDS, cuz HE's the One who saved you, NOT any belief system. If you were born from above, you will NOT go to hell nor will you ever take the mark of the beast.

I stand by what I say here and can back it all up 100% with Scripture. Please do not believe ANYTHING else or ANYONE else including your parents, family or friends. SCRIPTURE ALONE has the Words for salvation.

If you need to talk about anything doctrinally, I'm sure anybody here will be pleased to discuss it with you if you open a thread on any subject at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)   

Back to top Go down

OLD POST Prayer update ! (2008-2014)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1