Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You know you have made it when......

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

You know you have made it when...... Empty
PostSubject: You know you have made it when......   You know you have made it when...... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2023 10:57 am

It looks like I am finally a big time rock star.  How do I know?  Well, you must be something if someone notices your work and starts sharing it illegally on their website.

People can talk about how little artists get paid from streaming, but this kind of stuff needs to end.  Why do people think they have the right to steal your artistic works and just give them away?  While I won't quit, it makes you want to throw up your hands and say to heck with it!  This is my intellectual property, and they think that we do all this just so they can make it free to the world?  An international star can make money from tours and selling merch, but this crap insures that the bottom feeders of the music industry like myself will never make a plug nickel or even break even on what they spent to create such works.

I didn't share the link so that everyone could score a copy for free.  I just wanted to let people know that this is still happening even to us little guys.  No wonder artists talk about how little sales they have of their music.  Sheesh!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: You know you have made it when......   You know you have made it when...... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2023 12:22 pm

I hear ya.  I've already contacted a file sharing site to remove The American Dream content from their server.  They said it will be down within 48 hours.

I think the majority of these people are music hoarders.  I don't think they even listen to the music.  They just like the idea of having it all.

Staybrite likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: You know you have made it when......   You know you have made it when...... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2023 3:31 pm

Oh man that stuff ticks me off!
It's one thing to listen on youtube or Spotify (because the artist will at least get a few measly pennies) but downloading or streaming from an illegal site is just horribly selfish.

Guilty/Forgiven likes this post

Back to top Go down
deathisgain

deathisgain

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2014-12-04

PostSubject: Re: You know you have made it when......   You know you have made it when...... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2023 7:29 pm

I JUST WANTED TO GET IT OUT TO THE WORD TO HEAR!!!! Razz

I think shortly after my first album release I found it on a site.

Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: You know you have made it when......   You know you have made it when...... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2023 7:35 am

deathisgain wrote:
I JUST WANTED TO GET IT OUT TO THE WORD TO HEAR!!!! Razz

I think shortly after my first album release I found it on a site.

I get that, and that is also my motivation.  However, I want the right to decide how and when the world will hear it.  I don't want some cyber thief stealing my work and distributing it like it is nothing.  That cheapens the experience of creating art in the first place.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: You know you have made it when......   You know you have made it when...... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2023 4:53 pm

Not cool  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know you have made it when......   You know you have made it when...... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You know you have made it when......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: