Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fireflight - Unbreakable

Go down 
+5
ChosenOne
rockerVu2
Staybrite
nazpastor
alldatndensum
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:52 pm

12 tracks would have been nice. However, maybe they did do as most bands do, recorded more tracks, and cut what they felt to be filler? Just because a disc CAN hold more doesn't mean that a band SHOULD do more.

I have to disagree with the song length thing, though. Not being into the whole "metal soloing" thing, Fireflight would have done themselves a huge disservice to start adding more elements to their sound that they really aren't into. Besides, so much in the harder rock scenes nowadays makes songs sound like they were written around the solo instead of the instrumental section being written to compliment the song. These songs are complete as they are, and I hope that Fireflight stays true to themselves and doesn't let anyone push them into musical territory that they feel uncomfortable in.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:48 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
12 tracks would have been nice. However, maybe they did do as most bands do, recorded more tracks, and cut what they felt to be filler? Just because a disc CAN hold more doesn't mean that a band SHOULD do more.

Or maybe the record company held back 3 or 4 songs so they would have "bonus material" to include when they rerelease the album next spring.
Evil or Very Mad

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 3:35 pm

SB read my mind.

alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:23 pm

Quote :
Or maybe the record company held back 3 or 4 songs so they would have "bonus material" to include when they rerelease the album next spring.

Probably.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:56 pm

I actually have We As Human's first disc. I like it a lot. For sure Nu-Metal but not that bad. I know they have a new EP out called Burning Bridges. Really can't stand ep's so will probably wait till their next full length album. If you like the nu-metal sound and bands like Disciple,Pillar,etc I think you will like We As Human.

Overkast will be working on their new cd and hopefully have it released this year. It's interesting if you read the bio on their lead singer Rob. The first christian cd he got was Petra's Beyond Belief. On their website awhile back under influences I believe they had WhiteCross on their so they obviously have good taste in music.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus

Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:01 pm

How has "Unbreakable" held up to you guys? I had it in my hands this evening at our local Christian bookstore, but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. I think I would like it a lot, but I'm just not sure. Now that you've had it a couple of months, what is your opinion now?
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:12 am

So far, one of the year's best, IMO.

Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:13 am

I find myself drawn back to this album fairly frequently. I had an itunes gift card and got it for free, and I can honestly say that I would have enjoyed the disc if I had paid full price to get it. If you like the modern rock sound, it is a pretty solid listen. My rating scale is pretty much like/dislike and I would have to say this one falls strongly on the like side. If I were to give it a number it would probably be like 7.5/10 or something like that.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:41 pm

If you like this, then you seriously need to check out the latest Eowyn disc. Her earlier stuff definitely needed a lot of work when it came to the overall sound. But, with "Silent Screams", she brought in good studio musicians and got Travis Wyrick to produce/record this for her. All of the elements are in place, and the CD holds up well over time.

If you already have it, then I wasted my time on a message board. I do that quite frequently, but I do it so well.

Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:43 pm

I have been listening to clips of Eowyn's new disc. I plan to get this sometime in the near future.
Back to top Go down
endlessfuneral2003

endlessfuneral2003

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2007-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:33 pm

From what I've heard, this is really really good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.purevolume.com/endlessfuneral
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 2:59 pm

Still don't have it yet, I went to my local wally-mart a few days after it was released and they still didn't have. I saw a copy last week for sale (new) but the case was busted up pretty bad (not paying new cash for a severly damaged case, and maybe damaged disc).

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 3:01 pm

Have you tried Musichristian.com yet, Gary? Their prices for stuff that Wal-Mart or the Christian bookstores carry is usually pretty good. They get a little high for me, though, having to pay both TN state sales tax AND shipping.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:35 pm

Thanks, I will look into it.

PostSubject: Re: Fireflight - Unbreakable   Fireflight - Unbreakable - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fireflight - Unbreakable
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Hard Music :: The BUZZ!!! Music that ROCKS your face off!-
Jump to: