Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorte books to read.

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
rockerVu2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Favorte books to read. Empty
PostSubject: Favorte books to read.   Favorte books to read. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:33 am

What are your favorite books to read?
Do you read only Christian books or are you reading books in an other style too?
Are there good Christian authors you can recommend?
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23421
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorte books to read.   Favorte books to read. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 11:16 am

I read both Christian and secular books. (most Christian in the last few years)

My favorite Christian author is Ted Dekker (he writes fiction).
I'm currently reading a great non-fiction book from a pastor Mark Cahill called "One Heartbeat Away"

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23467
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorte books to read.   Favorte books to read. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 7:10 am

I am currently reading "Germ" by Robert Liparulo. I'm only half way through, but it is a page turner and is a spiritual thriller in the vein of Dekker and Peretti. Actually, I like his characters and writing style better than Dekker. All three of Liparulo's novels have had the movie rights bought by secular companies.

I read mostly Christian books. I never meant it to be that way, but it has ended up that way. There's just too many books that look good. I can't buy every book (Christian & secular) that I would like to read. Besides, I'm at a Christian bookstore so often for music that it seems I only look for Christian authors.

I did, however, enjoy the whole Harry Potter series. And, believe it or not, I have never tried to cast a spell on anyone or fly on a broom. Funny, I thought these novels were supposed to be books designed to recruit people to witchcraft. Huh, weird that it didn't work. Regardless, they were well written, entertaining fantasy novels.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorte books to read.   Favorte books to read. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 10:15 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I am currently reading "Germ" by Robert Liparulo. I'm only half way through, but it is a page turner and is a spiritual thriller in the vein of Dekker and Peretti. Actually, I like his characters and writing style better than Dekker. All three of Liparulo's novels have had the movie rights bought by secular companies.

Hmmm sounds intriging, I will need to check out some of his stuff.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Favorte books to read.   Favorte books to read. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:05 am

You should. I think you would like his stuff if you like Ted Dekker. I was fortunate. There is a discount Christian bookstore at Opry Mills Mall in Nashville. I bought two of Liparulo's books there for $6 each--and hardback at that! I received his 3rd novel (also in hardback) from Paparbackswap.com.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: Favorte books to read.   Favorte books to read. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:31 pm

My library system has a copy of "Deadfall" on cd audio, so I put it on reserve. Hopefully by next week I will be listening to it during my commute.

Number of posts : 3874

PostSubject: Re: Favorte books to read.   Favorte books to read. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 8:29 pm

Mine does, too. Hopefully, I will remember this author if I ever get time to read again. I only read Christian non-fiction for the most part but I really enjoyed Dekker's trilogy.

I too have read 5 Potter books. I determined I wasn't going to read the last 2 (or any fiction for that matter) unless I read my Bible as I should.

Hardkore

Hardkore

Number of posts : 2559
Registration date : 2007-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorte books to read.   Favorte books to read. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 2:09 am

I used to read alot of Michael Crichton but have moved on to Steve Alten.

Some of my fav Steve Alten books...

Meg
The Trench(Meg2)
Meg:Primal Waters(Meg3)
The Loch
Domain
Resurrection (Domain2)

I am fixing to stert reading Goliath (no not that Goliath).
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Favorte books to read.   Favorte books to read. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:26 am

Albeit I prefer to read more books from christian authors I read secular books too.
Sometimes I read simple novels, books you ared in some days.
It's true women are reading other books than men do.
I love the books Dee Henderson has written.
Back to top Go down
GODSWIZARD
Play It LOUD!!!

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Favorte books to read.   Favorte books to read. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 4:52 am

My favorite books to read are non--fiction historical books, usually military history. Twisted Evil

I bet you are all surprised, eh?? Question Shocked

I read mostly military history books, but I get more out of them if there is a 'larger' historical setting, and 'larger' historical understanding, within which to place the military books. Twisted Evil

For example, i'll be reading up on the military *nuts and bolts* of the Roman Republican Army and Carthaginian Army, but I get more out of the reading if i've got a larger understanding of both the 3 Punic Wars Rome and Carthage fought.......and also the larger histories of Rome and Carthage in that time frame between 264 B.C. and 146 B.C when the wars were fought. Twisted Evil

Yeah......i'm a nerd. Embarassed

KISS
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: Favorte books to read.   Favorte books to read. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 11:33 am

Quote :
Yeah......i'm a nerd.

As it is written, so shall it be. lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorte books to read.   Favorte books to read. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorte books to read.
Page 1 of 1