Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Old but cool.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Old but cool. Empty
PostSubject: Old but cool.   Old but cool. I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 8:22 am

Every time there are bands I've never heard from.
Like Undercover, The Holydays, Armor, Gethsemane Rose.
It seems in the early 80's there has been released a lot of good Christian stuff.

How cool it would be to listen to all this old but very cool stuff.
I'm sure there's more old but very cool stuff.
Maybe the music doesn't sounds cool, like the modern rock music we've now.
But the bold lyrics never sounds old.

Who knows more of thid old but cool bands who have strong and bold messages in their lyrics?
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9956
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Old but cool. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old but cool.   Old but cool. I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 11:03 am

Wow there's a lot actually !

Back in the 80s (and 70s for you "Jesus People music" lovers), many bands maintained strong lyrics for Christ.
Unfortunately many bands today start out bold and then water down an album or 2 later. (If only there were more lyrics today like Disciple's "I just know")

My favs from back then were Altar Boys, Jerusalem, Crossection and Illustrator (who did an awesome remake of LRBs "Help is on it's way") and of course The Holidays and Undercover.

I think it's essential for any lover of Christian music to have an appreciation for the pioneers of Christian music and it's roots even back to the 60s. Granted, a lot of it sounded a little hokey, nevertheless the lyrics were amazing... something missing from much of today's bands.
Back to top Go down

Old but cool.
Page 1 of 1