Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

et tue Day of Fire

Go down 
+3
alldatndensum
Staybrite
ChosenOne
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2007-09-06

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:52 pm

Read the latest Day of Fire blog on thier myspace and thought oh great not them to. Remember a few months back Bride saying that they were thinking about doing a "fan financed" cd. Well,DoF basically said to stay tuned for information on how we the fans can be a part of thier new CD they are recording. I'm wondering if they are going to go down this road as well. Hope not. Absolutley love Day of Fire but as been pointed out, it is very risky to donate money for something that could never get completed. I can't wait for DoF's new cd. I'm hoping that maybe they will post new songs and the fans can vote as to which ones they want to hear on the new album.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23429
Registration date : 2007-02-08

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 1:57 am

ChosenOne wrote:
I'm hoping that maybe they will post new songs and the fans can vote as to which ones they want to hear on the new album.

I expect that this will probably be the case.

It seems like a desperate last ditch effort to start asking money from your fans without any guarentee of a product to give them.

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 6:16 am

Is Day Of Fire signed to a label or an indie band? If they are indie, I could see someone trying the fan financed route. But, don't expect the fans to really want to get on board with that.

If they are still signed, I would think that the label would be who is putting up the front money for the new project.

I hope that the band is doing the song voting thing mentioned. Then, fans can't complain if the best songs get trimmed off--we did it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:38 am

ChosenOne wrote:
it is very risky to donate money for something that could never get completed.
Or even if completed sound as bad as their last album did. The first one was pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
Aggiejedimaster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-10-07

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:15 am

7thSecond wrote:
ChosenOne wrote:
it is very risky to donate money for something that could never get completed.
Or even if completed sound as bad as their last album did. The first one was pretty good though.

I agree. Their second album was disappointing after their first showed such originality and promise. I like the idea of being able to vote on songs.
Back to top Go down
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 10:17 pm

I actually liked both thier albums. They are one of those bands thou that seem to rock louder in concert than on thier albums. As far as I know they are still unsigned so unless something changes, will be released independantly. They said they have about 30 songs so hopefully the album won't be a dreaded ep.
As far as songs go, I don't know if anyone saw them in concert after thier first album dropped, but they did a song called '"the calling". It was a very powerful mission song and really really good. It was supposed to be on Cut & Move but didn't make the album. I doubt it will make this album as I am guessing they will continue to appeal to the mainstream crowd as well given thier most recent tours with Daughtry & Ligion
Back to top Go down
Zombiewalkin

Zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-07

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:18 am

I havent heard the new one yet but I did like the first album. Im not too crazy about the fan finaced stuff.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:47 pm

Zombiewalkin wrote:
I havent heard the new one yet but I did like the first album. Im not too crazy about the fan finaced stuff.

You and me both (on both accounts).

Glad to see you over here at CHM Zombie. Thumbs Up

Zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-07

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:13 am

Thanks Staybrite, Ive been meaning to get back over here for quite awhile.
Back to top Go down
dale434445

dale434445

Number of posts : 659

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 4:34 pm

I must be in the minority, because I actually like the second one as much if not more than than the first.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:31 pm

I don't like it MORE than the debut, but I do like it.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
ChosenOne

ChosenOne

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Alas as feared, it is a chance for fans to help with the recording budget. Here is the link and video if interested

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=7902264&blogID=391928648

I am ready for new DoF material but not sure if I want to contribute financially to an album not yet done.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 12:12 pm

Boy this band has really fallen haven't they. They went from having a very highly anticipated first album on a big label to having to basically beg for money to record their third album. I knew that second album was pretty bad but I didn't know it would basically destroy their career.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Wow, truly sad. Sounds like the beginning of the end for Day of Fire.

BTW kudos to Chosen for picking such and apt and clever thread title.
Twisted Evil

ChosenOne

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:37 pm

I thought it was nice. I checked out the link for "fan the Fire" and they are really going all out on this. They have a $5000 dollar package available that is the best. Otherwise if you donate like $5 you get the download of the album. They are anticipating a release by the end of christmas. The site says that the money will cover recording,packaging,etc. It is sad that they need to resort to this. I'm really curious as to why they are not signed to a label. I know they showcased and they were pretty big in the chrisitan market. Surely someone will sign this very talented band
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

et tue Day of Fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: et tue Day of Fire   et tue Day of Fire I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

et tue Day of Fire
Page 1 of 1