Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who is on your MP3 player???

Go down 
+2
nazpastor
alldatndensum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Who is on your MP3 player??? Empty
PostSubject: Who is on your MP3 player???   Who is on your MP3 player??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:22 am

OK, I still love my CDs, but the MP3 player does give you a lot more portability. So, for my anniversary a few days ago, I received a new RCA Opal with 8 gigs of memory. I know--that isn't alot compared to the Zunes or iPods. But, it's what I wanted. Right now, I have well over 50 albums loaded into it.

Who's on your MP3 player? Here's my list:

A Matter Of Faith
Barlow Girl
Boarders
Breaking The Silence
Decemberadio
Disciple
DSM
Echoing Angels
Eden
Eden's Way
Eowyn
Fate Of Angels
Fee
Fighting Instinct
Final Axe
Fires Of Babylon
Flyleaf
Grand Lux
Grimmark
HB
High Flight Society
Jeff Deyo
King's Ransom
Kutless
Laudamus
Letter 7
Lordchain
Mad At The World
Mad Max
Manic Drive
MercyMe
Bart Millard
Narnia
Perry Case Band
Pillar
Random Eyes
Re:Zound
Since October
Starfield
Story:side B
Stricken
Seventh Power
Third Day
This Beautiful Republic
Titanic
Trust
Whitecross
Worth Dying For

Sure, that's not 50 artists, but I have whole CDs by each of these artists, and some 2 or three of some artists' CDs programmed in. It's fun to put the Opal on Shuffle and just see who it plays next. With my mixed bag of musical tastes, it can be a wide variety in a short amount of space.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Who is on your MP3 player???   Who is on your MP3 player??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:48 am

I have an 80gig Ipod video, but I only have about half of it loaded, and that is with several movies. I just hate ripping CDs as it takes a lot of time. I really need to work on that a little at a time.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Who is on your MP3 player???   Who is on your MP3 player??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:40 am

It takes to much time to type my MP3 list now, but when I am home I will give mine.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Who is on your MP3 player???   Who is on your MP3 player??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 12:08 pm

Quote :
that is with several movies. I just hate ripping CDs as it takes a lot of time.

I ripped and added 10 new CDs this morning in under 30 minutes. That's really not a lot of time when you do the ripping and transferring to the MP3 player in that amount of time.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Who is on your MP3 player???   Who is on your MP3 player??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 12:34 pm

I have to use Itunes, or at least that is what I have defaulted to and it seems rather slow. Having an Ipod, it makes it difficult to rip in one program and then have to add it to Itunes so you can transfer it to the Ipod. If I use my desktop, it goes much quicker, but I usually use my laptop and that way I have the music on there in addition to my Ipod.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Who is on your MP3 player???   Who is on your MP3 player??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 3:51 pm

My mp3 player died several months ago and I have yet to replace it.
Sad

Disposable HERO

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Who is on your MP3 player???   Who is on your MP3 player??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 5:33 pm

Ah, the mp3 file... I love mp3s. I have the majority of my CD collection ripped to mp3s now, I would estimate about 3500 CDs, with 500+ to go. Actually, I'm visually scanning the rows that are left right now and I'm way under the mark there. I've got a lot more than 500 to go, especially since I'm going to re-rip all of my soundtracks at VBR to replace the 192 they're currently at.

I use dBpoweramp to rip every CD. I used to rip with Audiograbber because it was free, but dBpoweramp is so much the supreme program (I prefer it over EAC as well) because of its ability to ensure an exact copy of the CD, and most of all its tie-in to the AccurateRip database.

I use MediaMonkey as my media player on the home computer. It is far superior to Windows Media Player and iTunes and WinAmp and any other I've looked at. You can sync portable devices from MediaMonkey, however I've found it more convenient to make my playlist in MediaMonkey, save it to an m3u playlist, drag that m3u playlist into Windows Media Player (where all of the files are very quickly added to the library) and then sync it to my Treo phone (which I use as my mp3 player, despite the fact it only holds 2GB of music). ActiveSync is a Microsoft product as is Windows Mobile and the Media Player on the phone, and using Windows Media Player syncs better because it verified that the song is already on the phone and doesn't take time trying to copy it again. MediaMonkey takes time copying the song again without duplicating it, so a playlist of 270 tracks still takes a couple hours to transfer when most of the songs are already on the phone.

My current playlist is 270 songs from 199 albums, all Christian metal, industrial and rock. For the list of albums, see my latest challenge. It's almost all filled in. When it is all filled in, I'll post all of the songs as well in an html file--a report generated in MediaMonkey. Smile

I've got a few more 2GB memory cards coming in the mail right now so I can create a few more playlists to have with my phone, for those long walks I'm going to keep taking to get exercise.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Who is on your MP3 player???   Who is on your MP3 player??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:13 pm

I don't put whole albums onto my MP3 player. Only the songs I really want. I've got 999 songs ripped onto my PSP. Most are secular bands, but some of the Christian bands are:

Letter 7
XT
Elder
Kutless
Spoken
DC Talk
Jars of Clay
Thousand Foot Krutch
Recon
Stavesacre
Ultimatum
Sacred Warrior
Soldier
The Crucified
Faithbomb
Final Axe
Gretchen
Flyleaf
Whitecross
Underoath
Incrave (Evergrace)
Barren Cross
Whiteheart
Thieves & Liars
Petra
Roper
Sinai Beach
xLooking Fowardx
No Innocent Victim
Skillet
Fasedown
Pillar
Seventh Day Slumber
Third Day
Seventh Star
Stryper
Disciple
Electrik
Falling Up
Holy Soldier
Temple of Blood
Mortification
Teramaze
Ethereal Scourge
K Max
Tait
Theocracy
Essence of Sorrow
Eternal Decision
Living Sacrifice
Vengeance Rising
X-Sinner
Zion
7 Days
Guardian
Bride
Angelica
Mad Max
Rob Rock
Anchor
Jesus Wept
Becoming The Archetype
Judah First
Messiah Prophet
Extol
Believer
Bloodgood
Human
Pivitplex
Call To Preserve
Dalton
Day of Fire
Eden
Red
Decyfer Down
Haste The Day
Haven
Saint
Sardonyx
Jacobs Dream
Fusebox
Jonah33
Novella
Larry Norman
Immortal Souls
Strongarm
Outer Circle
Majestic Vanguard
Tourniquet
Trytan
Michael Sweet
Me Without You
Narnia
As I Lay Dying
Dbeality
Dogwood
Neon Cross
P.O.D.
Project 86
Rage of Angels
Steven Patrick
Ransom
Ressurection Band
Rivera/Bomma
The Showdown
Since October
Deliverance
Veni Domine
Visual Cliff

Bands that some consider Christian:

Mass
Adrian Gale
Magnitude 9
U2
Cage
Nineteen88
Back to top Go down
7thSecond

7thSecond

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Who is on your MP3 player???   Who is on your MP3 player??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 6:55 pm

Whoops I just found a Needtobreathe song on there also.
Back to top Go down
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Who is on your MP3 player???   Who is on your MP3 player??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:09 pm

Wrapping up my last collage, which was a collage of all the covers to the albums making up my 270-track Christian rock, metal and industrial playlist, the following html page lists every track in the mp3 playlist on my Treo phone.

Christian Rock, Metal and Industrial Playlist (Alphabetical by Artist)
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16571
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Who is on your MP3 player???   Who is on your MP3 player??? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:56 pm

Battalion
Dynamo
Heroz
Randy Rose (3 CDs)
Rev Seven (2 CDs)
Slav Simanic

You can have much more files on your MP3 player.
What's the miserty with my MP3 player?
I always have to find a full battery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is on your MP3 player???   Who is on your MP3 player??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who is on your MP3 player???
Page 1 of 1