Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New 'Mission of One' Song

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New 'Mission of One' Song Empty
PostSubject: New 'Mission of One' Song   New 'Mission of One' Song I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jun 2007 - 14:54

Well since Alldat isn't going to tell you I will. One of my favorite indie artists has just posted a new song from his forthcoming album on the Mission of One myspace site.

http://www.myspace.com/missionofone

The song is called "He's Been Good to Me", and it has more of a hard rock vibe then the screaming metal from the last album.

Good tune, I'm really looking forward to the new album.

--

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16570
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New 'Mission of One' Song   New 'Mission of One' Song I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jun 2007 - 15:03

This song is on the Mission Of One MySpace page for months.
It's one of the songs I really love.
The new version of this song really is a killer.
I am looking forward how the other songs sounds.
This song tells how God gives us everything we need.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: New 'Mission of One' Song   New 'Mission of One' Song I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jun 2007 - 15:13

Excellent ! Clear rockin' with a tasty sound. Great lyrics ! I really like it... when do we get to buy the final album ?
Back to top Go down
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New 'Mission of One' Song   New 'Mission of One' Song I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jun 2007 - 16:11

SOunds brilliant to me! Well done alldat. Rockin' for the Rock!

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: New 'Mission of One' Song   New 'Mission of One' Song I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jun 2007 - 16:29

Quote :
Great lyrics ! I really like it... when do we get to buy the final album ?

I am still working on mixing now. So, it will be a while.

But, I am not sure if the disc will be for sale. I am praying about what to do with this project. With my previous efforts, I end up giving away more copies than I sell to whomever asks just because I can encourage them. I am seriously praying about just giving the disc away and ask people to cover the shipping costs. My recording gear is mostly paid for, so recouping that money isn't an issue. If I have pro CD-Rs made, I can get the cost to under $1 for manufacturing. So, I might really just give this to God.

Oh, I might sell a few on CD Baby just to get the songs on the digital download sites like ITunes and whatnot, but that would be the only reason.

But, as I said, I am still praying about this and really asking God what He wants. If He says give it away, then that's what I'll do. If He says that I should earn my keep from the discs, then that's OK too. It is, after all, His project.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Fundy

Fundy

Number of posts : 5327
Registration date : 2007-05-04

PostSubject: Re: New 'Mission of One' Song   New 'Mission of One' Song I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jun 2007 - 16:35

That's very sacrificial of you alldat. I take my hat off to you for that. CDbaby would be a good option though, as I know lots of people who use that site.

Money is always an issue with most people though, I'm still trying to find enough cash to buy The Seventh Power!

I've got your first album, and am wanting to get your second one (not least because of Scott singing on it). I'd also like to buy your 3rd album too. Put it on Cdbaby and I'll probably end up buying 4 or 5 albums when I've saved up.

:D

Fundy

Three Things for a better life...
1 - Believe In Jesus.
2 - Love one another.
3 - Let God be the judge.

That is all I need to say.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New 'Mission of One' Song   New 'Mission of One' Song I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Jun 2007 - 16:35

Actually, I have a thought about a record company that I would like to do. I am thinking of trying to get a 501c3 tax exept license for a non-profit organization. With this, I would like to find some Christian rock bands willing to partner with us. We would "sign" them, and print about 500 CDs. Then, run an add in Hit Parader (or other secular magazines/websites), and give the CDs away with the recipient just paying for shipping. That way, the bands are receiving a lot of free publicity, and the Gospel truly goes out to those that need to hear it.

I would be looking for corporate or private contributors to help fund this endeavor. In return for their donations, their corporate logo could appear both on the free CDs and magazine ads. That way, they get to give money to a federally organized charity, and still get free advertising out of it. It would be a win for the corporation for free advertising/tax write-offs, for the bands with the free promotion/additions to their fan base, and for people who need to hear about the Lord because they heard about Christ through this crazy free CD offer.

What would I call it? Ten 17. What does that mean? Romans 10:17 says that "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God". This 'label' would exist only to help promote bands with a free CD giveaway and preach the Gospel to anyone willing to request a CD (ears to hear).

Sounds like I have it all worked out, right? Well, I am also praying about this. I want to be sure that I am hearing from God on this and not just being stupid.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New 'Mission of One' Song   New 'Mission of One' Song I_icon_minitimeWed 6 Jun 2007 - 15:13

avdb11 wrote:
This song is on the Mission Of One MySpace page for months.

Well gosh, how come I didn't know about it?

alldat wrote:
...and for people who need to hear about the Lord because they heard about Christ through this crazy free CD offer.

That sounds like an ambitious endeavor. I think your gonna need some prayer.

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New 'Mission of One' Song   New 'Mission of One' Song I_icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2007 - 7:37

Quote :

Good question. I posted about it on the old board. I see who was keeping up, now.

That song has been up quite a while. It was one of the first to get the lead guitars and drums finished. Before I mix it down for real, I am going to add a little more rhythm guitar as I am not completely crazy with the sound. I'll have my new SX guitar back today, and this will give me an excuse to get it on the CD. I'm also goign to add a bit more lead guitar on the song "Surrender" with the SX as well. Want to know what my SX looks like..........just look at my avatar.

Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16570
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: New 'Mission of One' Song   New 'Mission of One' Song I_icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2007 - 8:07

Finally your SX is back, now you can use it Very Happy
Your SX looks great, but now how does your SX sounds?

God will give you an answer about to get the CD for free or people have to pay for it.
Maybe when the CD is for free more people can listen to it and sounds what a bold lyrics you have written.

You have a prayer supporter.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

PostSubject: Re: New 'Mission of One' Song   New 'Mission of One' Song I_icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2007 - 14:34

alldatndensum wrote:
Quote :

Good question. I posted about it on the old board. I see who was keeping up, now.

Well I refuse to feel bad about it, especially after you dissed on me at the CMR for being cheap.

lol!
--

Admin
alldatndensum

PostSubject: Re: New 'Mission of One' Song   New 'Mission of One' Song I_icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2007 - 18:21

Don't make me do it again! Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 'Mission of One' Song   New 'Mission of One' Song I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New 'Mission of One' Song
Page 1 of 1