Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The nazpastor Challenge Revisited

Go down 
+2
Staybrite
Disposable HERO
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-06-03

The nazpastor Challenge Revisited Empty
PostSubject: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:32 am

Anyone remember The nazpastor Challenge I posted back in July? I took the wallpaper from my right-hand monitor, consisting of thumbnails of 693 CCM album covers, and displayed it as a challenge for nazpastor--and everyone else--to identify. nazpastor sent me a Word document with a huge number of covers identified. Stuff in life caused me to neglect his list, but over time I've been giving the whole thing an improved treatment. Below is a reminder image of the complete collage. Clicking on it will take you to a web page with

I invite you to check it out.

The nazpastor Challenge Revisited Nazpastorchallengesmall

Last edited by Disposable HERO on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 4:23 pm

Oh nooooo, make the pain stop!!!!
lol!

Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23468
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 4:39 pm

The challenge is too great. I won't even try to conquer that one.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

https://christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 4:24 am

It's not so bad. nazpastor has figured out a huge number of them, and those are already filled in--but not in a big list like before. You can look at a thumbnail and try to figure it out, then hover your mouse over the thumbnail to see the title pop up. So it's not as overwhelming as it might appear. Smile
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

Number of posts : 16567
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:36 am

It are so many things, so I pass.
But good luck for those who will try it.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:53 am

Maybe you should try to re-create (if you have time) a smaller collage of the ones I didn't get correct. That would help people not feel so overwhelmed.
Back to top Go down
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 6:23 pm

Nah. It's just there for people to glance at and say, "Hey, I recognize that," or, "I wonder what that is," then see if they're right. The challenge was for you, and others can check it out if they want to. But I owed it to you to resurrect it again in the forums so others could see what you had already figured out, just like all of those early challenges. And even if a lot of people don't want to check it out, maybe a few will. That's good enough for me.

It's a self-quiz, unless people want to send me ones that aren't filled in already, and in a few days or so I'll start filling in the blanks for those as well, one row at a time. Then it'll be a self-quiz entirely.
Back to top Go down
rockerVu2

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:20 am

I don't have the courage to even start it.
Sorry Disposable HERO.
Back to top Go down
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:04 am

lol, that's okay. Really, no one has to do anything with it. It's just there if anyone feels like stimulating the brain. I've already started filling in the blanks, and it's not the kind where you have to send me answers for everything. It's more of a self study. Very Happy

So it'll be there for a long time for anyone who wants to stop every now and again and see what kind of covers he or she can recognize. It's getting the deluxe treatment, too, although it'll take me a bit of time to finish it off that way.

Anyway, for those who want to take a look, here it is. For those who would rather not, that's cool.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23422
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 4:15 pm

I looked at the first 5 rows, and was absolutely clueless about the missing titles.
Will try to look at more of it later.

rockerVu2

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 5:03 pm

Nazpastor you made it?
You know all the names of the CDs?
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:58 pm

No, I didn't get them all. I got the ones that are labeled for the most part. I don't know if anyone else gave Sean any answers. The blank ones are the ones I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:06 pm

It is now undergoing The Deluxe Treatment, with row 1 having received The Deluxe Treatment so far and the remaining 20 rows to come. From now on rather than holding the mouse cursor over a thumbnail you'll be able to click the thumbnail and see a page with a 300x300 image and details. That might make it more interesting for the few who choose to check it out in the future. And really, after two months of neglect, leaving nazpastor hanging on this one, The nazpastor Challenge deserves my special attention like this--even if no one but he and I ever look at it again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:25 pm

As I check these out, I am finding that nearly everything I didn't get was a CD single/promo item. There were a couple of full length CDs, but about 80-90% of what I didn't get was a "special" disc.
Back to top Go down
Disposable HERO

Disposable HERO

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 6:18 am

Yes indeed. I've only gotten the first five rows done so far (busy weekend) but there were 6 singles and another couple promos. Quite a few indies and imports as well. Just under 1/4 of the unrecognized thumbnzils in the first 5 rows were singles/promos, and no one can be expected to recognize those. I put together stuff that looked cool as a collage without thought of that sort of thing so as a challenge it's definitely...challenging. Very Happy

You still surprised me with a lot of them, snagging titles like 45, 63 and 78 where I wouldn't have expected it. Yep, I'm glad I shared my wallpaper with you. It's been fun seeing you at work. You, my friend, know your CCM. Smile

I'll see if I can get another row or two done now (and update my recent playlist while I'm at it) before starting on work.
Back to top Go down
nazpastor

nazpastor

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:11 pm

I was told when I was in college that it is not a matter of how much we "know", it is a matter of being able to find the answer that counts. I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve for finding some of the more obscure titles. My biggest problem was that there is just not enough to visually "understand" what I am looking at on some of those.
Back to top Go down
Guilty/Forgiven

Guilty/Forgiven

Number of posts : 9954
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:43 pm

egads ! I placed it as desktop wallpaper on my laptop and freaked ! It was so cool looking, but way too overwhelming (couldn't even find my icon shortcuts)... so it was back to Staybrite's Lion (which my wife adores).

Quote :
it is not a matter of how much we "know", it is a matter of being able to find the answer that counts.
That has been my theme in life, since my memory is worse than a TRS-80 from 1982
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The nazpastor Challenge Revisited   The nazpastor Challenge Revisited I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1