Christian Hard Music
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lovers of Christian rock and heavy metal!

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
REF

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2023-01-06

LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project Empty
PostSubject: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 6:11 pm

Back in the 70's I was playing drums in a Connecticut band, we named Legend. It was a power trio playing a mixed genre of music. We recorded one album, From the Fjords, which was released in 1979. I became a Christian in March of that year, left the band and went on with life in various ministries. Come to find out in 2006, the album became internationally known and was a collector's item in genres of Rock and Metal. I was shocked, to say the least. After receiving many requests from record companies to offer an 'official' reissue of the recording (against all the bootlegs in print) I ended up working with a company from Greece, Sonic Age Records, and they did an excellent job, in 2019.

I had already rewritten all the lyrics to reflect a Christian message and had ideas for a rerecording project but, the necessary elements were not in place for me at the time. Today, I am in a better position to do so. The record company is excited for such a new revisiting of the material. The guitarist passed away in the 80's. The bassist is not interested.

I am open to finding websites or ways to search for new musicians to record the new project. My wife and I live in rural Texas and aside from personal recording projects, access to musicians of the caliber of the original guitarist and bassist, that are committed believers, is a rarity at best.

If anyone knows of any avenues to pursue to find such musicians, I'd appreciate being directed.

Thank you - Ray
Back to top Go down
https://drumsinhisheart.weebly.com
Xid

Xid

Number of posts : 5516
Registration date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 9:06 pm

Hi Ray!

Are you looking for local musicians to work and record with or are you open to working with folks across the country?
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuascreed.com
REF

PostSubject: Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 9:23 pm

Xid wrote:
Hi Ray!

Are you looking for local musicians to work and record with or are you open to working with folks across the country?

Local would be great but, realistically, for such a project, and the common ability to share files and all, the world is an open field next door. 

I trust the Lord will bring the right people together for this. It may have some growing pains if people are far apart but, as long as everyone is open and up front, distant collaborations take place all the time now, especially since 2020. 

Once I have the right people, a lot of discussion will take place to nail down details. 

More info on my website but, rules won't let me post it for seven days. 

Do a search for 'Drums in his heart.' It should get you to my site and click on the Legend Revisited tab. 

Take a look and see what you think. 

Thanks for your interest.
Back to top Go down
Staybrite

Staybrite

Number of posts : 23424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 9:34 pm

Posting Ray's link (since he is still in that probationary period).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Xid and Normaniac like this post

Back to top Go down
REF

PostSubject: Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 11:03 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Posting Ray's link (since he is still in that probationary period).

Thank you for that, although that will take you to the Legend page. Helpful for the background. Once there, the Legend Revisited page is the one for the recording project. :-)
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 11:20 am

I don't know if I am the level of bass player you are looking for, but I am listening to the first song from the Legend album on YouTube now and I feel I could do something similar.  That would remain to be seen.

So, it might be that I could be a part of this.  I do have recording equipment of my own and could record my parts here in Tennessee and send them to whoever would be doing the mixing.  I am not up to snuff on mixing using a computer yet, so I would not want to be responsible for that at this time.

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
REF

PostSubject: Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 11:58 am

alldatndensum wrote:
I don't know if I am the level of bass player you are looking for, but I am listening to the first song from the Legend album on YouTube now and I feel I could do something similar.  That would remain to be seen.

So, it might be that I could be a part of this.  I do have recording equipment of my own and could record my parts here in Tennessee and send them to whoever would be doing the mixing.  I am not up to snuff on mixing using a computer yet, so I would not want to be responsible for that at this time.

As you listen to the whole album you'll get a better feel for what our sound was like. Because we were all into Fusion back then the Jazz, Rock and Funk influence became a big part of our approach, despite the nature of the songs we chose for the album. 

In many ways the essence of the jam bands, like Cream, was a big influence on us, as well. Lots of creating on the fly. You'll hear that on the album too, especially on The Golden Bell's solo section. 

R.A.R.Z was totally Kevin's, words and music, and I'm not going to redo the lyrics for that song, just to honor and respect his legacy. It will be replaced by another song we originally recorded for a demo.
Back to top Go down
alldatndensum
Admin
alldatndensum

Number of posts : 23469
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 2:35 pm

I am also replying on the Christian Metal Realm.  I posted a few songs from YouTube that I played on.  If I can be of assistance, that would be amazing.  If not, no harm-no foul.  If you need someone else, I fully understand and look forward to hearing what you do in the future.  Pray about it, and let me know.

Peace!

I might have decided, or maybe not, that I should or shouldn't, depending on the issue or non-issue, to possibly share or not share, any thoughts, opinions, or facts (that might not be deemed factual by some), due to possible fear of any misinterpretation or retribution.

Back to top Go down
http://www.christianhardmusic.com
REF

PostSubject: Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 3:28 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
I am also replying on the Christian Metal Realm.  I posted a few songs from YouTube that I played on.  If I can be of assistance, that would be amazing.  If not, no harm-no foul.  If you need someone else, I fully understand and look forward to hearing what you do in the future.  Pray about it, and let me know.

Peace!

I saw and listened and replied, as well as a PM. We'll see what the next few weeks reveals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project   LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LEGEND Revisited - New Recording Project
Page 1 of 1